[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Please take the time to submit a support ticket.

Order5Order5
Vindictus Rep: 5,900
edited February 13, 2017 in General Discussion
ArishaL wrote: »
Last time I sent in a ticket about royal raids lagging from a few weeks ago, their response was "We haven't had any players complain about it." Notice how quiet they are about this subject. So to answer your questions about the lag. No, its probably never going to get fixed :D
http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/2775/any-plans-to-fix-royal-army-raids

Apparently Nexon hasn't had anyone complain about Royal Army lag, even though there's been threads and recordings about it for almost 3 years now. To everyone who reads this, please take some time to give your feedback on the Royal Army experience via support ticket.

To make the tickets easier to find, I suggest that everyone use the subject line "Royal Army Feedback".

Thank you!

Comments

• CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Cessa wrote: »
    How many times do we have to go through this?

YOU CANNOT FIX ROYAL RAID LAG.

Most of you can't even host a raid with 6 people let alone 8.
    Because of the way Vindictus is coded a SINGLE computer has to host the raid and do the output for everyone else for some stupid reason.
    And Vindictus only runs on one thread. Screw multi-thread option because there are so many screwups with that thing that it is barely even worth mentioning and should just be removed from the game.

Now you have a single computer at Nexon hosting a raid for 24 people.
    When we know as a fact that most computers out there can't even host a raid for 6 people.
    That lag will never go away unless you want to rewrite all of Vindictus' code to work with modern CPUs. Or better yet, have everyone act as their own host and merely send telemetry to a host.

• NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    edited February 13, 2017
    I get telling those who claim to be able to host 16 people better than Nexon servers that they're straight up wrong, but the lag isn't unfixable and the game didn't even change much in the patch that started it, so I don't see why you would think that. The raids did not run like this during the months after they were revamped, even with the increased traffic from people spamming 4 Ancient Lakoria runs per day. So that just begs the question, what the hell did they even do in the Abyssal Arena patch to get Royal Army raids to run so poorly when there's way less stress on the servers now? Change the system to some new peer to peer model for server hosted runs like Royal Army raids and PVP? Lord knows, they will probably NEVER tell us with the level of transparency they've shown around here.

The devs are just too buttheaded to go back to the two patches that ruined the game performance to isolate what changes caused the problems and undo/fix them. It's the same situation with the UI lag which was worsened in the same update, which could be part of what's causing the problem. I can't say for sure how big the KR Vindictus team is or how many people on that team are even programmers, but how hard is it for them to just compare previous builds like that to evaluate what changes were made, and does the benefit outweigh the performance hit the game has taken? Do they not save them? It really just seems like negligence on the devs' part is the reason no progress has been made on the Royal Army and UI lag.

To give everyone an idea of how much manpower it takes to "simply upgrade the game to source 2", Valve's Team Fortress development team was recently revealed to consist of around 16 people, just under half of them being programmers. A representative said that that is nowhere near enough manpower to upgrade the game to a new engine while still working on new content and fixing current issues.
    2edgy4ujjX
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Cessa, I never said anything about fixing the lag, my post is about informing Nexon. According to ArishaL's post, Nexon is ingeniously claiming ignorance, and I am interested in seeing how they react.

Who knows what will happen? If people actually do what I ask, then I might even get forum banned if they decide to hang me for being a nuisance or no apparent reason at all. Will my account be suspended? A permanent ban perhaps?
    2edgy4u
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Order5 wrote: »
    Cessa, I never said anything about fixing the lag, my post is about informing Nexon. According to ArishaL's post, Nexon is ingeniously claiming ignorance, and I am interested in seeing how they react.

Who knows what will happen? If people actually do what I ask, then I might even get forum banned if they decide to hang me for being a nuisance or no apparent reason at all. Will my account be suspended? A permanent ban perhaps?

The problem you and others and myself are experiencing is that the sky is blue.
    There is no point in complaining to Nexon that the sky is blue.

Why? Because according to the devs the fix would be to go out with brushes and paint it green (impossible).