[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New players! How is the population?

ByteStixByteStix
Vindictus Rep: 725
in New Recruits
Hey guys,

The two of us have recently got into both playing (and recording) Vindictus, and wanted to know if it was worth investing time into learning. Is it a game that we will be able to play long-term? i.e., is it a game with a healthy enough population to continue playing long-term? Or should we just give up on it all together?

We were looking around in our latest video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbzZYIsKwpc and saw that there were a decent sum of people around (most seemed AFK), and each channel had a decent amount of people online (totaling maybe 100-200? in the town), while I'm sure there were a lot more out in dungeons.

Thanks for your time! Hopefully we get the opportunity to play with a few of you guys in-game if it's worth sticking around!

Regards,
Stix.
http://www.mmobyte.tv/

Comments

• PortalsPortals
    Vindictus Rep: 525
    It depends on how far you plan on getting in the game. Most of the non-endgame content has been reduced in difficulty and streamlined over the years to make it so new players can get to the newest content quicker. As a result, level 1-89 is basically like a long tutorial that is worthless to veteran players so you will not find many other people playing in that range. Then when you get to level 90 you will find the majority of the playerbase grinding out the newest bosses for awhile, and then getting bored and just sitting in town for 3-4 months until the next update comes out.
    jjX
  • Summit1gSummit1g
    Vindictus Rep: 550
    Better than people make it out to be. Lot's of annoying apes in the megaphones though, so I would definitely use your ignore function on some of them.
    Madcobra
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    Low population hasn't kept most of us from playing long term. I personally only farm solo, haven't had trouble pugging raids especially since quick battle feature, and now there's also Ein Lacher.
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    edited February 10, 2017
    well i can only give an eduacated estimate on the population based on a poll with a small sample size i created. On average there should be 1500+ player playing at the same time on both steam and nexon launcher/ standalone via reason
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    I only ever PUG, and in my experience, it's almost completely deserted. Whatever is left of the playerbase just sticks to playing with their own guild.

I can't imagine how bad it is for someone getting into the game now.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    edited February 10, 2017
    cant say but theres maybe 10 active people daily in town talking
    on east
  • tommyrockettommyrocket
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    They need to merge the North America West and East servers. West is dead. The new quick battle feature has more than shown that nobody is doing anything at any given time. I've seen maybe, 1 or 2 battles being done at once, and only one of the new raids. Other than that, nobody is playing the game.
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    You also missed the Sanitee ban hype and the 5 out of every 12 players still playing the game just generally being really annoyed.
    Or in more direct terms, 100 out of the remaining 240 players that play this game.

How do I know this?
    Because back in the day I could run the same boat at the same time 30 days and never see the same person.
    Now I host a boat and have to alt/tab for 10 minutes before it even begins filling up. Or I host a boat and it's only the SAME people joining because there is no one else on.

All these years of people going, "will Black Desert be the Vindictus killer?" Aion? Tree of Savior? ArcheAge? etcetc
    In the end, what killed Vindictus is the rancid attitude that Nexon continues to employ.

Merging the two servers isn't even worthwhile now. All you're doing is putting band-aids over the holes of a ship that is already underwater.
    Not to mention that it probably isn't even easily doable or else they would've done it already.

This reminds me of what happened in Dragon Nest.
    Nexon took this really bad stance of enforcing no gold sellers in Dragon Nest.
    Within 6 months the economy had collapsed on itself as the population shrank to nothing until Nexon finally was forced to just give up Dragon Nest. Now it's not a Nexon game anymore.

Vindictus already faces impossible issues with player retention due to equipment progression thanks to the stupid break upon enhance system. Then it forces users to use a stupid launcher which no one wanted and throwing in BlackCipher. Now we have lost the only TWO fansites while Nexon cites really stupid reasons. More people leave. More and more...

It's sad but I am over 6 years into Vindictus and I'm pretty sure the end is near now.
    I have never once in the past advocated for others to leave Vindictus (if you browse other sites where no one even knows about Vindictus but someone keeps posting about how it's a game that you should try out then that person is probably me trying to perform CPR on Vindictus) but at this point in time I am telling you, and any new player, that Vindictus is not worth your time until Nexon listens to us and fixes the issues we currently have. The saddest part is that now it feels like Vindictus is so far gone that any move Nexon makes to try and make the game better will just result in more players leaving as they will see the ship as simply drifting into the abyss and all of Nexon's actions from now on will just seem like desperation.
    JackNitro
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    edited February 12, 2017
    Just ignore all the negative posts above, play the game, make friend, enjoy the combat and have fun. By joining Vindictus and making content for it, you help populating the game and making the game a better place for everyone. Low population and mediocre management doesn't mean you can't enjoy a good game like Vindi.
    Order5MochiSweetBoatGodAqua22LoLoBootyPixelPantsu
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    i wonder if vindictus can get revived like dfo did lol xdddd heheha
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    After seeing the # of posts in the AU marketplace section of forums...honestly wonder what playing on the AU servers is like? People saying west dead but AU on a totally different level it seems.
  • BlazeWeed420BlazeWeed420
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    Honestly as a returning player, the only differences I'm noticing is Nexon's desperation in trying to bring back players by making it easier to level, less to grind, and have higher level gear be realistically accessible.

However, this should have been done when the players were still present.
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    It's a game... Make the most of it, and have some fun! XD
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    After seeing the # of posts in the AU marketplace section of forums...honestly wonder what playing on the AU servers is like? People saying west dead but AU on a totally different level it seems.

Almost nobody on the AU server uses the official forums, which is why the AU marketplace subforum is dead. They prefer to use megaphones/etc instead.

The game is pretty dead unless there are very good events running. Compare the number of players during the scroll shop event to now, its a massive difference. There are many veterans who only come back to play when there are good events on, otherwise they will just say they "ceebs". Many more have quit permanently for games like BDO, Tera, etc.
    Aequipondium
  • ByteStixByteStix
    Vindictus Rep: 725
    Whoa, thanks for the replies everyone!

We definitely plan on sticking around for a little while to see how things go! We look forward to (one day) playing with some of you! :^)
    BoatGod
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    ByteStix wrote: »
    Whoa, thanks for the replies everyone!

We definitely plan on sticking around for a little while to see how things go! We look forward to (one day) playing with some of you! :^)

We can always use more exposure. I'm always surprise when I talk about vindictus and people still haven't heard it before.
  • skai147skai147
    Vindictus Rep: 210
    Not to mention lots of veteran players are ip blocked now and cant access the game anymore which lowers server population even more due to new migration rules where they banned countries, and nexon aint doing anything about it, yes we were able to play the game after ip block, those who registered during beta but now they decided to ip block for sure even if someone have spent thousand euros on this game, no mercy, no exceptions.
    But we still hope they can fix this, I personally spent a lot time on this game, and it makes me feel really sad about this situation.
    2edgy4u
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Population is kinda low, much like any old games. Game play is good. Grind is real. But Arisha's ass is still Phat thou.