[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Unified Vindictus Service Changes

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
Vindictus Rep: 6,750
edited February 7, 2017 in News Archive
On Thursday, February 16th, a new era in Vindictus arrives as European, North American and Australian players will all be a part of the same Vindictus service! The unification of our western Vindictus services will have numerous impacts as we move forward, with customer service, community support, billing and more under the same roof, there will be a number of immediate adjustments as all regions begin playing with the same rules. Take a peak at it all below!

Please note: All details below are current plans only and are subject to change.
Changes to the Supply Depot and Avatar Shop

Changes will take effect with the Thursday, February 16th Unification Maintenance.

Prices and item availability will be identical across all servers.
  • AP 1000 Capsule: New to EU, grants 1,000 AP when used
  • Baseball Cap Box: Removed from the Supply Depot (previously available in EU)
  • Black Wolf Pet: EU Price reduced to 12,900 NX (previously 13,000 NX)
  • Cadet Badge: NA/AUS Price reduced to 4,900 NX (previously 6,900 NX)
  • Dire Wolf Pet: EU Price reduced to 11,900 NX (previously 12,000 NX)
  • Enchant Rune: Price changed to 5,500 NX (previously 8,900 NX for NA/AUS, 2,900 NX for EU)
  • Forest Gremlin Pet: EU Price reduced to 8,900 NX (previously 9,900 NX)
  • Halo Accessory Box: Removed from the Supply Depot (previously available in EU)
  • Oracle Surprise: Removed from the Supply Depot (previously available in EU)
  • Outfitters: EU Price for full sets of Normal Outfitters reduced to 19,900 NX (previously 20,000 NX), NA/AUS Price for full sets of Limited Outfitters reduced to 27,900 NX (previously 31,900 NX)
  • Premium Enchant Rune: New to EU, this upgrade of the Enchant Rune protects the Enchant Scroll in addition to the target item, should the enchantment fail
  • Premium Marketplace Coupon: EU price reduced to 490 NX (previously 590 NX)
  • Red Wolf Pet: EU Price reduced to 12,900 NX (previously 13,000 NX)
  • Shared Storage: NA/AUS 30 Day price reduced to 4,900 NX (previously 5,900 NX), Permanent version removed from the Supply Depot (previously available in EU)
  • Shining Will Package: 2 Day duration now available for EU
  • Shining Wolf Pet: NA/AUS Price reduced to 15,000 NX (previously 15,900 NX)
  • Storage Chest Expansion Ticket: NA/AUS Permanent price reduced to 10,900 NX (previously 12,900 NX)
  • Tir Coins will no longer be available
  • Unbind Potion: 1x and 10x quantities available for both regions (NA/AUS previously only had 10x)
  • Weapon and Armor Surprise Supplies: New to EU, cases containing a variety of powerful Season 2 equipment, utility items and more
  • Weapon Fusion Rune: New to EU, allows you to change your weapon's appearance to another, unbound weapon of the same type
Changes to North American and Australian Service

Changes will take effect with the Thursday, February 16th Unification Maintenance
  • All players have access to 7 character slots (up from 6)
  • The Super Lucky System is here! Enemies and objects will randomly drop large quantities of gold, at a rate determined by your LUK stat
  • Guild names can now contain up to 20 characters
  • Parties containing returning players will no longer gain an EXP bonus
  • Ferghus is now able to make up for his heinous crimes by restoring the Durability of your items
  • The Premium Enhancement Rune is no longer destroyed upon a successful Enhancement
  • Town departure is now available
  • Fine Bath Soaps cost reduced to 500,000 Gold (from 1,000,000 Gold)
Changes to European Service

Changes will take effect with the Thursday, February 16th Unification Maintenance

For our upcoming European players, please make sure that you're ready for the new, unified service with the Vindictus Unification Guide page.
  • XE Skills have been removed and Extreme Mode is no longer activated. AP spent on XE Skills has been refunded
  • Tir Coins will no longer be usable, excluding for a Tutorial for new players
  • Evie is now able to use Healing skills
  • Daily resets now occur at 17:00 UTC (9:00 AM PST / 12:00 PM EST / 4:00 AM AEDT / 6:00 PM CET)
  • All links in Vindictus will lead to the vindictus.nexon.net website
  • Gamepads can now be used
  • Accounts are now protected by Secondary Authentication, players without one will be chosen to select a Secondary Password upon logging into Vindictus
  • A guild must have at least 10 members before it may use Guild Storage
  • Maximum Marketplace price set at 1,000,000,000 Gold
  • There is no Level Restriction when using the Marketplace
  • When deleting characters, must wait 38 hours before the deletion is confirmed
  • Niflheim battles can now drop Superior Bracelet Gem Boxes
  • Assorted text changes to match North American version
  • Non-event Megaphones can be sold on the Marketplace
  • AP Shop has been adjusted to match the North American version, using the following prices:
      100 AP: Luck Blessing Stone
    • 120 AP: 2x Merc Recovery Potions
    • 150 AP: Goddess Grace
    • 250 AP: Divine Blessing Stone
    • 300 AP: Unlimited Hair Pass (7 Days)
    • 500 AP: VVIP Service Box (2 Days)
    • 800 AP: Unlimited Inner Armor Pass (7 Days)
    • 800 AP: AP Shop Renewal Celebratory Necklace (7 Days)
    • 1,000 AP: Clodagh's Dye Ampoule (Empty)
    • 1,000 AP: Goddess Grace (Party)
    • 1,200 AP: Crimson Blade Epaulet
    • 1,500 AP: Avatar Dye Ampoule (Empty)
    -NX is split into two categories: NX Prepaid, which can be acquired through Karma Koin, Nexon Game Cards, Xsolla, or PaySafeCard, and NX Credit, which is purchased using a credit card and PayPal charge. Certain items cannot be purchased with NX Credit, see the NX Guide page for more information
    -You will be asked to confirm before deleting NX items
    -Friends list is categorized by on and offline, as well as being sorted by name

If you have any additional questions about what's to come, check out the European Migration FAQ or give us a poke on the official Vindictus forums!

Comments

• ChaeldarChaeldar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,465
    EU already has some of this "new" stuff such as secondary password, and we have 1x, 10x and 20x unbind potion bundles in our depot.

Anyway, why is our reset in the middle of the afternoon, when people are halfway through their daily raiding? It makes no sense. Does this mean we're also gonna get the short end of the stick and be forced to have maintenance during the peak hours of Europe? Don't do this.
    AnthonytonyboyManiaCookieScheherazadedaws360
  • DoomzzgDoomzzg
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    >AP 1000 Capsule: New to EU, grants 1,000 AP when used
    Not new to EU
    >Enchant Rune: Price changed to 5,500 NX (previously 8,900 NX for NA/AUS, 2,900 NX for EU)
    Unless our price remains the same you can be sure of no purchases
    >Premium Enchant Rune: New to EU, this upgrade of the Enchant Rune protects the Enchant Scroll in addition to the target item, should the enchantment fail
    Not new to EU
    >Tir Coins will no longer be available
    GOOD
    >Weapon and Armor Surprise Supplies: New to EU, cases containing a variety of powerful Season 3 equipment, utility items and more
    Not new to EU
    >Weapon Fusion Rune: New to EU, allows you to change your weapon's appearance to another, unbound weapon of the same type
    Not new to EU

>Tir Coins will no longer be usable, excluding for a Tutorial for new players
    GOOD
    >Gamepads can now be used
    They always could?
    >Accounts are now protected by Secondary Authentication, players without one will be chosen to select a Secondary Password upon logging into Vindictus
    This is nothing new
    >There is no Level Restriction when using the Marketplace
    Better start banning bots properly then, MOST of us do not want your incompetence here otherwise
    >Niffleheim can now drop Superior Bracelet Gem Boxes
    They always could
    >Assorted text changes to match North American version
    You can keep those half done translations and bottom tier skill names
    >Friends list is categorized by on and offline, as well as being sorted by name
    Yeah, because everyone had such a hard time on their eyes to see if friends names are either white or grey
  • AnthonytonyboyAnthonytonyboy
    Vindictus Rep: 4,665
    8PegTXG.png
    what about steam on europe?
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Am I just crazy or was there a point about disconnected party members rejoining as they were instead of as assists in that list a few hours ago? I clicked the link they posted on twitter when I saw it. I'd heard about that being a feature on other servers for a really long time and wondered why we don't have that.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited February 6, 2017
    Um...Why remove permanent shared storage from EU server when you can just implement it across the board for all servers? It makes no sense.

"All players have access to 7 character slots (up from 6)"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Korea, players can have up to 20 character slots. Also, mentioned in December 2015/January 2016 developer notes, Premium Character Slots were changed to free.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Nexon downsizing is destroying their European playerbase? Seems like the case since Maplestory and Combat Arms, I don't think Vindictus is that popular there but we will see.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Um...Why remove permanent shared storage from EU server when you can just implement it across the board for all servers? It makes no sense.

Temp shared storage = you're forced to buy new tickets = more money for Nexon. Remember, if there's no logic behind their decision then the answer is money.
    daws360Anthonytonyboy
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Just a question from the EU community.

How does NA deals with gold farm bots and gold buy website advertisers ingame? You guys do still have them there?

We used to have them but we got rid of all those people in the last years.
    Will our EU server be flowded with them again once we merge and fuq up our economy?

Please provide some inside information if you have it. Thanks.
    Gewellirious
  • Controller001Controller001
    Vindictus Rep: 1,920
    JynXi wrote: »

How does NA deals with gold farm bots and gold buy website advertisers ingame? You guys do still have them there?

Will our EU server be flowded with them again once we merge and fuq up our economy?

Also really curious about that, hesitating to sell my weapon just becouse if i sell it now, i might have gold worth of a clean weapon after merge..

• ChaeldarChaeldar
    Noburo wrote: »
    Am I just crazy or was there a point about disconnected party members rejoining as they were instead of as assists in that list a few hours ago? I clicked the link they posted on twitter when I saw it. I'd heard about that being a feature on other servers for a really long time and wondered why we don't have that.

Would like to know more about this. I honestly can't believe NA didn't have this. You can't possibly expect players to not experience crashes or connection loss when this game has such a horribly optimised client. It's even worse when raids such as Neamhain are released; how is it fair that you lose all your progress on such a long run due to not having such a QoL change?

Also, any news on NX selling? I know, bla bla bla it's banned on NA bla bla bla terms of use but hear me out, VFM's, EU needs to know.
  • HakuboiHakuboi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,170
    edited February 9, 2017
    Can´t believe that NA does not have a reconnect feature. O.O
    This thing got implemented in EU for ages.
  • ZabuuzaZabuuza
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Hello from the NA server (East). Our side of things have been pretty bad for a long time now. There are bots spamming in channel 1, gold sellers, and I believe even high ping (since the server is most likely on the west side). Most of this stuff that you guys have we haven't had the benefits of and are now hearing of it. Our market prices are really inflated as well not sure if it is from people buying and selling things overpriced or because of the "bots". That's mainly some of the issues we got over here, I have seen a few EU streams and Korean ones and everything seems so much better, it seems like we have the worst of the worst over here when it comes to the game.

Not many of the newer players stick around for long after reaching a certain level as well because of the gold amount some weapons enchant scrolls are worth here. Too overpriced for the casual I suppose if you don't grind a lot and get lucky. Our event have varied from just bingo to attendance event lately giving us not much but cosmetic things, not even runes (enchant runes) to help us out, is like they force us to buy their overpriced runes from nexon depot.

I'm curious to know if our ping will still be the same or if it will get better with the merge as well, been playing the game for like 2-3 years now on and off, have quit a few times because of what I mentioned above. Also I'm mainly posting for the first time because I am surprised that you guys aren't complaining as much as I thought with all this that's going to happen. ( Been thinking of quitting for good but I am hopeful this is a start for our end to get better, seems like East is the trash can for all vindictus carelessness. ) That's just a little input of what we are going through over here.
  • ChaeldarChaeldar
    Zabuuza wrote: »
    Also I'm mainly posting for the first time because I am surprised that you guys aren't complaining as much as I thought with all this that's going to happen. ( Been thinking of quitting for good but I am hopeful this is a start for our end to get better, seems like East is the trash can for all vindictus carelessness. ) That's just a little input of what we are going through over here.

We've been complaining since September and all our feedback, complaints and suggestions are either being ignored, silenced or responded to with the "thanks we'çl look into it.".

• GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited February 8, 2017
    This merge -> 11.gif

Zabuuza wrote: »
    Hello from the NA server (East). Our side of things have been pretty bad for a long time now. There are bots spamming in channel 1, gold sellers, and I believe even high ping (since the server is most likely on the west side). Most of this stuff that you guys have we haven't had the benefits of and are now hearing of it. Our market prices are really inflated as well not sure if it is from people buying and selling things overpriced or because of the "bots". That's mainly some of the issues we got over here, I have seen a few EU streams and Korean ones and everything seems so much better, it seems like we have the worst of the worst over here when it comes to the game.

Not many of the newer players stick around for long after reaching a certain level as well because of the gold amount some weapons enchant scrolls are worth here. Too overpriced for the casual I suppose if you don't grind a lot and get lucky. Our event have varied from just bingo to attendance event lately giving us not much but cosmetic things, not even runes (enchant runes) to help us out, is like they force us to buy their overpriced runes from nexon depot.

I'm curious to know if our ping will still be the same or if it will get better with the merge as well, been playing the game for like 2-3 years now on and off, have quit a few times because of what I mentioned above. Also I'm mainly posting for the first time because I am surprised that you guys aren't complaining as much as I thought with all this that's going to happen. ( Been thinking of quitting for good but I am hopeful this is a start for our end to get better, seems like East is the trash can for all vindictus carelessness. ) That's just a little input of what we are going through over here.

Worry not, a lot of EU are aware of how things are over there, and aside from a few people being happy to not deal with XE bugs anymore, this merge doesn't really hype anyone, far from that. (aside from one secret thing :^) )
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740

JynXi wrote: »

-Yes we still have bots and if the Black Cypher program doesn't get them then there is little/none manual GM bot banning.
    -Gold sellers in mega are fairly common and the same seller, who has been reported, can sometimes exist in mega up to a month or two . Once they are banned sometimes there's a week break before the next.
    -There seems to almost always be spammers in general chat in the lower channels as well.
  • ZupseroZupsero
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    im a fresh lvl 90 from EU and yay i look forward to buying everything way too expensive and ruiniung my financial life for this freaking game! thank you nexon for grabbing my soul and kickin it!! +best
  • jakkerjakker
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Extreme Mode is no longer activated
    Finally, no need to bother with shift-buttons anymore.
  • soadersoader
    Hi, at least here we have some talk.. couse support say nothing yet. Maybe someone know.. few years ago EU version was playable from few more coutries than in the list, and my account was created almost at the server start, and i have possibility to play legal with my real IP from Ukraine. And now, the client say me that i try to play from outside of they service area :( what should i do? will be this fixed? will they count that old accounts and make them playable from anywhere?
  • LordSuizidLordSuizid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,190
    Saygo wrote: »
    [*]AP Shop has been adjusted to match the North American version, using the following prices:
      500 AP: VVIP Service Box (2 Days)

Its just an VIP now is that right? couse everywhere it says u'll get an VVIP there?