[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[Merge] Ferghus can now repair items?

RankZRankZ
Vindictus Rep: 740
in General Discussion
What does this mean, hasn't he already been able to repair items? Or are we talking about when you lose durability if you fail an enhance. The latter would be amazing.

Comments

• BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Yes he can add durability to your items now, makes me wonder what's happening with dura increase pots
    GhengisJohn
  • ZezeZeze
    Vindictus Rep: 1,230
    it was a thing in EU
    Besides repairing items in order to return their durability to their maximum, Ferghus can also restore the maximum durability. In order to do this, one can choose 'Repair durability' instead of 'repair'. Then, one must provide the item whose maximum durability should be restored (after it is lost e.g. due to failed enchantments), another item of the same type, and a sum of gold depending on the item. This can increase the durability by 10 points, but it cannot raise the durability above 100.
    http://vindictus.gamepedia.com/Durability_and_Equipment_Health
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    So... pointless.
    If your weapon is destroyed what is durability is there to restore?

Instead, they should do this instead.
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/2735/retaining-players
    BloodAngel
  • RankZRankZ
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    No this is amazing. This means if you fail +4/5/6/7/8, which is VERY common, then you don't have to throw it away or buy dura pots. And as you should all know by now, lower dura = lower enhance success rate.
    GhengisJohn
  • HydlHydl
    Vindictus Rep: 660
    RankZ wrote: »
    And as you should all know by now, lower dura = lower enhance success rate.

I once straight enhanced from +1 to +14 with a pillar that had only 2 durability left. So I'm not sure about that theory :)
  • ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    Hydl wrote: »
    And as you should all know by now, lower dura = lower enhance success rate.

I once straight enhanced from +1 to +14 with a pillar that had only 2 durability left. So I'm not sure about that theory :)

Thats just a theory, A GAME THEORY!, thx for watching

HydlBloodAngel
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    No this is amazing. This means if you fail +4/5/6/7/8, which is VERY common, then you don't have to throw it away or buy dura pots. And as you should all know by now, lower dura = lower enhance success rate.

Make sure you go to the fountain first then talk to Fergus and run two laps around colhen as well. +huehue
    BloodAngel
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680

From the statement this requires a like weapon to be used.
    That means if you have a level 80 Heremon Twin Swords with 10 durability and you want to restore its durability a bit you have to use another level 80 Heremon Twin Swords.
    Ferghus destroys the new one to restore durability a bit on the other one.

-You would of course just try to enhance the second one with 100 durability stock on it before you use it to restore durability.
    -If you are enhancing to +10 without runes you're wasting your time. I have literally had over 50 weapons before and none of them make it over +8.
    -Once you rune to +10 it doesn't matter what your durability is. Leave it alone or go for broke (and the weapon will be broken).
    -If your weapon is already past +10 at the level where you want it to be then durability is a moot point. You will probably have over 130 durability on there and be able to run multiple raids before the need to repair.

Also, please stop spreading pointless superstition about enhance rates. The fountain does nothing, durability does nothing. Not unless you have over 800 weapons and you enhance them all while recording it all so we can take statistical information from their enhance rates across varying data points. For instance, have 800 weapons at durability 255. Have 800 weapons at durability 1. All at +10. Now enhance them all to +11 and see if the 255 durability ones enhance with greater success than the 1 durability ones. My bet is on no.
    DownIoad
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited February 7, 2017
    @Cessa
    Enhancing was changed a bit in Korea. It was changed for particularly Lv. 60 - 80 equipment.
    +1 - +4 -> No penalty
    +5 - +7 -> Enhance decreases by 1 Lv. upon failure
    +8 - +10 -> Enhance on item resets completely

This means players wont be booming anything until they attempt +11 or higher. This change was made the same reason item restoration is accessible to Lv. 90+. It is so players can build their characters without destroying their total AP count.
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    edited February 7, 2017
    Vindictus CN have/had a system were you could sacrifice a weapon weapon (same as yours) to add +5 dura.

People with +15 Taonu were literally Kings, when damage buff potion was a thing.
  • NickieNickie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,470
    edited February 7, 2017
    He makes it worth your while after you're done booming :D

-

Do you concur?

O4ZwHT.gif
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    What does dura even do anyway? Other than being a convenience thing?

IIRC higher dura armor breaks less, but other than that? Weapons cant break mid battle so it doesnt seem very useful for them.

If trying to go beyond +10, you wouldnt care about dura anyway unless you were sastified with the results.
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    I like how the patch note says Ferghy can make up for his heinous crimes by doing this, I lol'd.
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Question2 wrote: »
    What does dura even do anyway? Other than being a convenience thing?

IIRC higher dura armor breaks less, but other than that? Weapons cant break mid battle so it doesnt seem very useful for them.

If trying to go beyond +10, you wouldnt care about dura anyway unless you were sastified with the results.
    Gameplay-wise nothing really changes, Fiona's shield durability was affected by the item's max dura iirc but that doesn't matter anymore. I've heard of people suddenly doing 1 damage mid battle when running with weapons at low durability but I always thought they were making it up.

Items become unusable and untradeable when they hit 0 max durability, with no way to recover them. A failed enchant or enhance reset can remove around 12 max durability based on an rng roll, so you never want to drop below 20 when working on an item.

It also affects the appearance of items, making them look like they were rolled in dirt to emulate rust. It starts around 40-50 dura and looks kinda gross.

• CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    edited February 8, 2017
    Just a shame it doesn't make use of the worthless, broken crap that fills our inventories.

If I could use the scrap from Broken Lago to fix Exquisite Lago, it would actually have some use besides annoyance.
    jjX