[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Any plans to fix Royal Army Raids?

HolodeckHolodeck
Vindictus Rep: 445
in Battle Quests and Guides
I know no one important actually plays or looks at the forums but the various Royal Army raids are completely unplayably laggy 99% of the time. Are the lag issues even being looked into or are they going to continue being ignored forever while no one runs them because you can't fight when you can barely move? I'd like to actually run these battles occasionally but it's no fun trying to run them when they are hosted on a potato.
Anner

Comments

• GanonGamer34GanonGamer34
    Vindictus Rep: 1,180
    I don't know, it's weird. Royal Army Raids never really seemed worth to me anyway, because they drop 90 OJ weapon essence as like their main rare drop, but since you can get that with the seal shop now, or the fact that OJ weapon essences are like 15-25m, it's pretty stupid to try to do those raids. You can spend time gathering a bit of money or saving up seals, and it'll probably amount to the same amount of time it would've taken to actually get the OJ bottle from Royal Raids.

On another note, those bosses now also have greatly increased hp compared to before, so if you're in a party of low levels or okay geared people, prepare to be in there for like 20-30 minutes. It wasn't like before where you can have like 2 90 people and the raid is done in like 8 minutes.

Time will tell if Nexon or Devcat will address this issue for NA, cause I don't think KR has this issue for their Royal Army.
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Are orange essences still in the level 80 bottle drop table? I though they were removed when they added the Mysterious Shards. I'd be right pissed if I unboxed a weapon essence instead of a shard.

And yeah, there's been several threads on this already and we haven't heard anything about it from Nexon. Maybe having one posted in a dead subforum like this will make it more likely to be seen during the week. I'd also advise sending in tickets and seeing if their responses changed, they told me they were working on it when I sent one in a couple of days after the lag started. Almost two months ago.
  • GanonGamer34GanonGamer34
    Vindictus Rep: 1,180
    Oh they did remove them? I don't recall that. Well that goes to show how much I pay attention to Royal Army, lol.
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    Last time I sent in a ticket about royal raids lagging from a few weeks ago, their response was "We haven't had any players complain about it." Notice how quiet they are about this subject. So to answer your questions about the lag. No, its probably never going to get fixed :D
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    How many times do we have to go through this?

YOU CANNOT FIX ROYAL RAID LAG.

Most of you can't even host a raid with 6 people let alone 8.
    Because of the way Vindictus is coded a SINGLE computer has to host the raid and do the output for everyone else for some stupid reason.
    And Vindictus only runs on one thread. Screw multi-thread option because there are so many screwups with that thing that it is barely even worth mentioning and should just be removed from the game.

Now you have a single computer at Nexon hosting a raid for 24 people.
    When we know as a fact that most computers out there can't even host a raid for 6 people.
    That lag will never go away unless you want to rewrite all of Vindictus' code to work with modern CPUs. Or better yet, have everyone act as their own host and merely send telemetry to a host.
  • HolodeckHolodeck
    Vindictus Rep: 445
    I did one today and it wasn't horribly laggy so it works sometimes!