[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Sooooooooooo anime?

DrãoDrão
Vindictus Rep: 1,515
in Off Topic Discussion
There was this deal on Humble Bundle, $1 for a month subsription to CrunchyRoll and some random ass webcomics.

I have until Feb. 5th until my month is up, but I don't really watch anime. So far I've used it to finish Hunter x Hunter (SCREW YOU NETFLIX!) and watched all of Dragonballz Super

Comments

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited January 22, 2017
    Recommendations are difficult to give because there are so many, is there a specific genre you like? Also, it is my opinion that CrunshyRoll sucks when it comes to subtitled anime, so stick with dubbed if you only understand English. That being said, I have seen worse before.
  • DrãoDrão
    Order5 wrote: »
    Recommendations are difficult to give because there are so many, is there a specific genre you like? Also, it is my opinion that CrunshyRoll sucks when it comes to subtitled anime, so stick with dubbed if you only understand English. That being said, I have seen worse before.
    I don't think Crunchyroll even has any dubs, I tried looking for it, Dragonballz english actors are so much better (maybe because I grew up on it).
  • KradnessKradness
    Vindictus Rep: 950
    edited January 23, 2017
    I recommend Gintama it's just simply amazing!
    Oh forgot its a comedy but can get serious if thats your thing.
    Haikyuu is a good sports anime if you like those
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    If you like Hunter and DBZ then you've probably watched JoJo. If not, you would probably enjoy that.

"My Love Story!!" Is a good one, it's sweet and funny while never getting too sappy.

Fate/Zero is good. Animation is excellent, the tone is kinda dark and serious while not being so to the point of self lampooning. It's one of those animes where everyone is after the magical relic and characters get killed trying to get it.

Man they used to have Future Diary. There was a good one.

Re:Zero is good fun except for two episodes where the the main protagonist whines.

Erased is good except for the awful, awful ending that they made up for the anime. The manga's conclusion was sooooo much better.

Kids on the slope is good, quiet and slow paced though. Definitely something different, feels more like a film than most anime series.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Vindictus Rep: 2,650
    Been rewatching Iketeru Futari lately, each episode's 5mins long and it's not the best anime out there, but it's interesting to see how much story was packed into it-- and all things considered it's actually pretty charming.
  • DrãoDrão
    Aquasol wrote: »
    Been rewatching Iketeru Futari lately, each episode's 5mins long and it's not the best anime out there, but it's interesting to see how much story was packed into it-- and all things considered it's actually pretty charming.
    A tab bit too lat there, already deleted my subscription before they started charging me.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Vindictus Rep: 2,650
    It's worth tracking down and watching random stuff anyways :D
  • NickieNickie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,470
    #kuzu no Honkai
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    I recently watched Drifters, dunno if it's on Crunchyroll, but it's dope.

Also watch Overlord.
  • DrãoDrão
    Bowtacojr wrote: »
    I recently watched Drifters, dunno if it's on Crunchyroll, but it's dope.

Also watch Overlord.
    I think I read that manga at Barnes and Nobles once... was it the one with Nobunaga?