[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Swift Assassin now lasts indefinitely

Order5Order5
Vindictus Rep: 5,900
in Lynn
In the patch notes it says that the one minute timer on Swift Assassin has been changed to last indefinitely. It really feels like too much of a buff, but the wording is also tricky because it didn't say "infinite" only "indefinite".

Comments

• BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Almost want this gone now. Had 9 stacks on Neit and it would override my counter on Neam.
    Very annoying.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Breadman wrote: »
    Almost want this gone now. Had 9 stacks on Neit and it would override my counter on Neam.
    Very annoying.

Sorry I don't follow "override my counter" on Neam. In what way did this behavior change after the patch?

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited February 5, 2017
    @LoLoBooty

The behavior itself did not change, the Swift Assassin status effect will always keep track of the highest number of stacks that you have accumulated on a single target. However, because the Swift Assassin stacks now last indefinitely, you have to manually count stacks for entire fights where multiple targets are involved.

In Breadman's case, Neit is no longer a target in phase 2 of the fight, so if he still has 9 stacks on the boss when the fight changes, his Swift Assassin counter will always display 9 even though Neam is the new target. It might not seem like such a big deal since you can still tell when you have 10 stacks or even a Full Bloom on Neam, but it still affects your choices in combat. It would be even worse if he had Full Bloom on Neit when going into phase 2, in which case he'd be playing with stacks almost blindly. Prior to this change, Swift Assassin marks would expire after 60 seconds, so it wasn't much of a problem.
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    edited February 5, 2017
    Order5 is correct.
    And yes, it does take a pretty significant adjustment. I'm used to using the counter and using FFD when I know I can close it on this smash.

I had this happen in p3 so it was extra hard. P3 was already hard enough as it is, and then I had to manually count stacks, haha.