[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

(RIP Others & Myself)Unauthorized Program Detected

hi5joshhi5josh
Vindictus Rep: 2,010
edited February 4, 2017 in Account Support
I just received this error while launching the game. I have a clean install of Windows 10 and no programs running in the background as far as I'm aware... I was banned from the game last fall (I asked to be told why, they wouldn't), and I don't want to compromise my account further, resulting in a permanent ban for life. 6+ years of dedication and purchasing a lot of NX in this game, and many years prior with other Nexon titles. Nexon needs to to figure out whats causing all these false positives. So many good active people have been banned. RIP Sanitee and possibly myself at this point.

*Update* My account has been permanently banned. Thanks, Nexon...
  1. Have you been banned or have strikes/flags against your account?23 votes
    1. Yes
       48% (11 votes)
    2. No
       52% (12 votes)

Comments

• SeenSeen
    Vindictus Rep: 1,120
    Nexon lives by BlackCipher and will die by BlackCipher.
    MochiSweetKhloe
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Sadly I was one bingo day away from black out. I was stuck on one for about a week. Poor RNG... If I somehow manage to get my account back, I will most likely not get black out as It will at least take a week to get it back. I think I was missing 20 or 21. Well, Bingo should be the least of my concerns right now... I just wanted the wings and eyes though... :(
  • SeenSeen
    Vindictus Rep: 1,120
    Actually I submitted a ticket questioning about the "Unauthorized Program Detected" not to long ago.

This was their response.
    Nexon wrote: »
    rB9mjQR.png

They are aware of false positives, they will just hold you accountable if it happens too much.
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    edited February 4, 2017
    The funny thing is, I never receive "unauthorized program detected". Nor do I crash often, its extremely rare. The last time I was banned, It was upon logging on, the same as this time, except I received the error this time. I know people receive it regularly and are never effected... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was able to log in successfully one time after receiving the error and loaded into town. I maxed out my graphics settings and was forced to restart to apply effects. Upon restarting the game, I now have the permanently banned noticed on my account.

The only positive to this scenario is that I won't have to give them hundreds of dollars worth of NX to have a halfway decent level 95 set, like I did for my level 90 set. So many runes used.... So many....

That moment when you were about to say something extremely harsh out of anger, and realize that it will not help your situation in the slightest... May the goddess have mercy...
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    edited February 4, 2017
    Hi so I merged your multiposts and moved this to the right section.

Sorry to hear you got banned, hopefully you've already filed a ticket.
    If it really was a false positive... well let me just quote Sagyo.
    Saygo wrote: »
    We ban players that break our TOS. If there were discrepancies with the ban, then we will lift it. There are also times we will give players the benefit of the doubt.

Good Luck.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    I've never had anything myself, but I wish you the best man. I hope you get unbanned cause our community is small enough the way it is.