[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Superior Gems -- Superior or reg boxes better?

LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
Vindictus Rep: 5,275
in General Discussion
If you farming for superior gems -- Is it better to buy superior gem boxes or regular gem boxes? Do regular gem boxes drop superior gems?

Let's say you do a Niflheim boss with VIP 2x a day for 30 days. Each run averages 8 keys.
((2 x 8) x 30) = 480 keys.

That's 160 regular gem boxes or 96 superior gem boxes.

Comments

• NotRainNotRain
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    There are 3 bosses, so 480 keys X 3.

I'd suggest going for the Superior gem boxes though
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    NotRain wrote: »

The common assumption is superior is better...but unless they have 50% higher chance of getting superior gems then regular boxes I don't see why. And really the same argument goes for fine gems too. This coming from someone who opened 300 superior gem boxes after the Niflheim event and got 0 superior gems. :(

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    LoLoBooty wrote: »

The common assumption is superior is better...but unless they have 50% higher chance of getting superior gems then regular boxes I don't see why. And really the same argument goes for fine gems too. This coming from someone who opened 300 superior gem boxes after the Niflheim event and got 0 superior gems. :(

Yeah but you likely got like 100 fine gems right? If you had opened ~500 of the regular boxes you might have gotten 50 fine gems.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    ikevi wrote: »
    LoLoBooty wrote: »

Yeah but you likely got like 100 fine gems right? If you had opened ~500 of the regular boxes you might have gotten 50 fine gems.

LOL I wish I got 100 fine gems. I recall something like 42-46 fine gems from 300+ boxes. I wrote it down somewhere but I can't find it at the moment. It kind of solidified the idea that superior boxes only offer a marginally higher chance whereas you'd be better off just with more boxes period.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited February 5, 2017
    It could be closer to 50. That is fine. I just seem to have a 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 chance for a fine with the new boxes, and 1 in 10 on the older boxes. I have never managed a superior yet. (I likely am only at ~1000 boxes opened.)