[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vincictus Is Almost A SinglePlayer Game

PsychoPassPsychoPass
Vindictus Rep: 400
in General Discussion
Vindictus is dying. there aren't people, if u meet to someone in game is your lucky day, no players lvl10, 20 30, 40, some 50, etc, i'm writing this because this is a good game wasted but Nexon put a wall like Trump and these are the consequences, and it will doesn't take long for the players 90 levels to get bored and stop playing the game
so my idea is break the TRUMP IP WALL , let another people from america (continent obviously) can to play . so Vindictus can reborn from fallen walls and fill the server with new, happy and curious people from wherever

Break the IP WALL and possibly there s still time to a multiplayer and not a singleplayer

this is my humble opinion
  1. to get better58 votes
    1. break the TRUMP IP WALL
       66% (38 votes)
    2. keep the TRUMP IP WALL
       34% (20 votes)

Comments

• 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    It's just the way it is for all MMOs that require leveling and aren't WoW.

"it will doesn't take long for the players 90 levels to get bored and stop playing the game"
    I see more people with red titles than ever. Surely if they were going to get bored they'd have done it 200 titles ago.

But yeah I agree game will benefits if geolock goes away
  • PsychoPassPsychoPass
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    It's just the way it is for all MMOs that require leveling and aren't WoW.

"it will doesn't take long for the players 90 levels to get bored and stop playing the game"
    I see more people with red titles than ever. Surely if they were going to get bored they'd have done it 200 titles ago.

But yeah I agree game will benefits if geolock goes away

the players 90 lvls is another race, the WOW is what it is for its plurality, they have a big community
    but problem is battles empty, raids empty, Resenlian's Labyrinth empty, etc. the game needs refresh the comunity, always same players that s because no1 new join
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    I've seen many foreign players (and entire guilds) on West disappear over the years. Pretty sad, actually.
  • SculpSculp
    Vindictus Rep: 8,725
    Nexon is widely known for their ip block though
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    It's not so much the IP block but the lack of advertisement of the game.
  • PsychoPassPsychoPass
    Mainichi wrote: »
    I've seen many foreign players (and entire guilds) on West disappear over the years. Pretty sad, actually.

its not about "they r foreign" or "we r foreign"or "whoever"
    we are all player that we enjoy play mmo's, here no matters the color, the race, the language (almost all people speak some decent english), what we have in common is "enjoy mmo's" this is our race, our idiosyncrasy, if u r a good mate, help ppl in battles, share drops, and have fun moments, is it wrong?

im not against u, its only a comment :)
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    i don't really care about the ip block, mainly since people use vpn anyways, but keep in mind that peer to peer is what we use to connect with the host if we join their party. the lag it could cause for players that play long distance from each other might turn them off.
    BloodAngel
  • GanonGamer34GanonGamer34
    Vindictus Rep: 1,180
    It's not the IP blocking that have made people quit this game.

This game doesn't really have anything left to offer. I've been playing for 5 years and it remains the same. A new raid comes out, new gear comes out, and I have to gear back up again. Oh wait, that's a pain in the ass because enchanting and enhancing is abysmal in this game. Good luck trying to be completely F2P and not spend a single $ gearing yourself with outstanding gear.

UI lag is getting worse and worse with each update. Even people with the best computers still have a hard time playing Vindi due to an old outdated engine that doesn't support multicore properly.

It drives people away. And with less people, means less people to try to find to do stuff with, resulting in other people leaving because why would they want to play a game that has 0 community? Vindictus had a good run for a little while and now it fell off, and with other games coming out and looking more promising, people are preparing and investing time to other games.
    PikkoPikko
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    I'd be down with lifting the ban, it's just more money for Nexon to make, but I dunno if NA can just lift the IP restrictions.

You're certainly not wrong about anything you wrote, but there isn't much NA can do about these issues, they aren't the cooks, just the servers.

Best we can do is set up some sort of monthly feedback system that goes straight to Nexon KR to let them know we're still here.

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited February 3, 2017
    And then after the IP wall falls, people smack into the Lag wall.
  • ZezeZeze
    Vindictus Rep: 1,230

UI lag is getting worse and worse with each update. Even people with the best computers still have a hard time playing Vindi due to an old outdated engine that doesn't support multicore properly.

this is actually what made my friends quit

• AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    Wait this is a multiplayer game?
    BloodAngelOrder5PlayerOOOl
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    More players with red titles than ever? Please, that's because they've been playing since forever now and can't stop. And the population is so small now you're more likely to run into them.

Meanwhile, just the other day it was 5pm US Eastern time and not a single raid boat was up in Quick Battle.

http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/2735/retaining-players
    Wanted to start a conversation on how to keep players in the game. Good job hiding the truth from players, Nexon.
  • MetalDevil19MetalDevil19
    Vindictus Rep: 1,910
    edited February 4, 2017
    What we need is a server merge. Not unblocking IPs.

I haven't played Vindictus in months, but people with REALLY bad connections pretty much ruin the experience for me personally. Lag really doesn't help in any way, shape, or form playing on, or hosting boats. Lag is a killer. If this wasn't a peer-to-peer game, I wouldn't give a damn.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Unblocking IPs will help market wise, but not with playing together.

Lower levels are deserted partly because the player is small and its so easy to level up. Despite that though, most new players quite well before they reach level 60. Why? "Game is too hard" and "its boring to solo" are the most common reasons ive heard.

Why is "game too hard"? They said that having to dodge boss attacks gets too hard. Boss hits too hard. Etc.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    single player game with optional multiplayer
  • KazadackKazadack
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    Suhpreme wrote: »

More correctly, A Pay To Win single player experience with optional laggy multiplayer.
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Kazadack wrote: »
    Suhpreme wrote: »

More correctly, A Pay To Win single player experience with optional laggy multiplayer.

When you pay in Vindictus what are you winning?
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    PsychoPass wrote: »
    Mainichi wrote: »

its not about "they r foreign" or "we r foreign"or "whoever"
    we are all player that we enjoy play mmo's, here no matters the color, the race, the language (almost all people speak some decent english), what we have in common is "enjoy mmo's" this is our race, our idiosyncrasy, if u r a good mate, help ppl in battles, share drops, and have fun moments, is it wrong?

im not against u, its only a comment :)

I wasn't saying anything bad against foreign players. Was just saying that it's sad how a lot of foreign players that used to play are gone now.
  • ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    edited February 5, 2017
    till you wanan do neamhain and you join a discord with 79 ppl inside and start making new friends xd
    PD: which game is Vincictus?