[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Quick battle bugs

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
in Bug Reporting
1. The host cannot invite players to join his quick battle boat, they must each manually join from the quick battle menu

2. After the battle is finished, all players are kicked out of the party and they have to manually reform the party again
YumiAqua22

Comments

• Question2Question2
    More bugs :

3. You cannot select any oaths of honor when making a party via quick battle.

4. You cannot select single mode AKA easy mode when making a party via quick battle.
  • Question2Question2
    5. If a battle is started via quick battle, and you try to reattempt it after killing the boss, it fails to do so and simply kicks everyone into town.

6. When viewing a battle at the quick battle screen, it shows player status as "A Dark Pr" but the rest of the text is cut off. See : http://i.imgur.com/XCu0ZJP.jpg
  • Question2Question2
    7. If the host of a quick battle forfeits after the party has killed the boss, only the host will get drops and the seal of bravery. This is a massive exploit currently being used to grief players.

See : http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/2731/psa-stop-leave-ing-when-you-re-hosting-qb
  • TheMoofTheMoof
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    8. Season 2 battles do not properly terminate when the host uses the "End Battle" button. The session acts as if the host abnormally disconnected. In addition, the player information gets mixed up and sometimes players will reconnect as the host's character that exited.
    Callisthene
  • Question2Question2
    edited March 16, 2017
    TheMoof wrote: »
    8. Season 2 battles do not properly terminate when the host uses the "End Battle" button. The session acts as if the host abnormally disconnected. In addition, the player information gets mixed up and sometimes players will reconnect as the host's character that exited.

This doesnt seem to happen for s2 maps (ship graveyard, etc). Was just in one in which the host ended, i got the popup and i got all drops, etc.

In s3 battles though like the berbhe dailies, when the host forfeits and returns to town, the other players in the party do not seem to get the "do you wish to end the battle?" popup. Instead it just transfers the host to the 2nd player.

Also no QB bugs have been fixed yet :(
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited March 17, 2017
    1. I wouldn't call not being able to inv a bug, but just a minor inconvenience. Quick battles seem to be meant for rag tag groups where invites aren't necessary. Besides, is it that hard for the person you wanna invite to just click the button and join manually? Takes literally a few seconds.

2. I thought that was the point of a quick battle. Party up, kill boss, disband party. Again, probably not a bug, just an inconvenience.

3. The quick battles reward additional XP and drops. Oaths mainly just add some xp. I assume they did this intentionally to prevent stacking a higher xp oath with the additional XP from quick battle. Would it be nice, yes? Is this a bug? Probably not. Also, the restrictive oaths like "Die less than X amount of times, or gear destroyed less than X amount of times," would lead quick battles to fail. People want to use quick battle to get a quick fight in, not restart because someone died too many times.

4. I would definitely not call this a bug. This keeps players from breezing through all the story raids on easy mode without having to travel around. It takes away from the experience and just shows laziness.

1, 2, 3 & 4: Use the board like we did before Quick Battles were introduced. These aren't bugs.

5, 6, 7, & 8: Look like legit bugs that need to be fixed and addressed.
  • CallistheneCallisthene
    Vindictus Rep: 815
    Question2 wrote: »

This doesnt seem to happen for s2 maps (ship graveyard, etc). Was just in one in which the host ended, i got the popup and i got all drops, etc.

In s3 battles though like the berbhe dailies, when the host forfeits and returns to town, the other players in the party do not seem to get the "do you wish to end the battle?" popup. Instead it just transfers the host to the 2nd player.

Also no QB bugs have been fixed yet :(

Sorry, this DOES happen for S2 maps, especially Ship Graveyard I was in yesterday.... Got the message "you have been assigned a new party leader" "please wait while we're transferring your data" when wantedto end the battle after killing all the bosses.

Waited 10 minutes but nothing happened. Still the same message and unable to do the slightest thing. Was talking in discord with a friend in my party and he got everything right but not me.... Got ripped of all my XP, Gold and AP earned through the battle...

#BuggiestGameI'veEverPlayed
    3. You cannot select any oaths of honor when making a party via quick battle.

4. You cannot select single mode AKA easy mode when making a party via quick battle.

Don't want to claim things when I'm not sure, but I think that the 3rd is normal. I think I saw it somewhere that when creating QB, you won't be able to select an Oath.
    For the 4th, I'd say it's pretty normal since QB are meant to build a group quickly without waiting for hours. It's not to make your life easier by allowing you to create a battle without being in the city you have to be...
    Thanks Nexon for this one.
  • CallistheneCallisthene
    the player information gets mixed up and sometimes players will reconnect as the host's character that exited.
    AH! Is that why the armor on my Sylas suddenly appeared like the one a female character would wear??? O.o

Wow. I have no words to describe how impressed I am by some bugs, really...

• Question2Question2
    Please dont claim that something isnt a bug unless you can provide an official citation for it.
  • CallistheneCallisthene
    Question2 wrote: »
    Please dont claim that something isnt a bug unless you can provide an official citation for it.

Exactly the reason why I said that:
    Don't want to claim things when I'm not sure, but I think

Sadly, I couldn't find much for EU or US, yet I still did make some search about Quick battles and found this OFFICIAL Thailandese thread where you can see how to create a QB.
    http://vin.garena.in.th/news/view/387

As you can see on the pictures without needing any translation (though Google is your best friend for that) it doesn't look like you can select an Oath nor create the QB in "Easy" mode, which, I assume, is perfectly normal and what Nexon wanted in the end.

Also, don't forget that QB gives you slightly more XP & AP than battles created in the old way, and I think that is probably to compensate for the lacking Oaths, although it is only my own assumption.

So, unless you can prove that it is indeed a bug (did the Strange Traveler told you Oaths were selectable in the explanation quest?) please, don't claim that anything that MAY look like a bug IS indeed a bug when, obviously, you didn't make any search in the first place about official sources either.

Regards.