[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Increasing DEF/Crit resist for Neamhain

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
in General Discussion
Is this worth it? IIRC, devcat recommended 15k DEF for Neamhain.

I dont see how this is possible for most characters though. Full level 90 3 sta rOJ terminus and enchants puts me at slightly below 11k DEF without temporary buffs, but this is with 2x enthus instead of 2x journeying. Replacing 2x enthus with 2x Journeying would give me an extra 1k DEF or so, but i wouldnt be able to hit balance cap with it.

With material synthesis, I might be able to get roughly 500 more DEF and 9 more crit resist, but this is pretty unrealistic when you consider how expensive material synthesis is. The 3 million gold fee alone for a major stat upgrade (like crit resist) is ridiculous for any server without massive inflation. Pretty much nobody on EU/AUS is bothering with it. For reference, most r7 scrolls cost 5m or less on AUS.

Enhancing all armor to +5 might give me 400-500 DEF or so, but would also increase repair costs (bad). Anything past +5 is pretty unrealistic unless you literally have nothing better to do and/or infinite money for runes.

Is anyone even enhancing their armor/maxing out DEF/Crit resist via material synthesis for Neamhain?

Comments

• ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    15k+ is possible without doing anything crazy if you are using a light + plate mix with maxed stats. I had 15.2k defense without temporary items, and bumped it up to 16.6 with event items and doubling up on the AP shop Epaulet (buy one on Saturday or Sunday, then buy another after the reset on Monday. There is also an AP necklace with 300 defense). I use an Explorer's Erg Core Brooch, though, which most people stopped running. 15k defense still hurts a lot, 16.6k is a bit better but still liable to get you comboed to death.
    HeavenBlue
  • Question2Question2
    Not sure how you are getting 15k def without a offhand item or temp buffs bumping it up. Even if i max out material synthesis ad use Journeying ES (which would be silly for a scythe since i need the BAL from enthus for an extra fast es), I wouldnt even be able to hit 13k def. I dont see how the def from mixing in plate would let you hit 15k def in that case.

Explorer erg core is probably an extra 500 def or so IIRC if you infuse it, but im running a starlight/incorruptible moonlight brooch. Did you +10 all your armor or something?
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Honestly, she has horribly high ATT which pretty much means you'll never reach a state where she can't realistically send you to sleep in 3-4 succesive attacks. Unless you push your def to massive amounts at the expense of offensive stats there's no point going past 11-12k imo. If anything you would be better off learning not to get hit.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited January 28, 2017
    Um...I have 14.3K DEF on Hurk and I'm only using Pirate Armor. I of course have DEF infuse on my armor, Erg Core Brooch, and R/E + D/E Copper Bracelets. I can get it up to 15.8K DEF with AP items and Rose items from the last Attendance Event.
  • SerisentSerisent
    Vindictus Rep: 525
    With 13k def and 92 crit resist neit/nemain only hit around 1-3k per hit(excluding unblockables, since they're all 1 shots) and honestly rarely ever crit. At least from my experience...
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    Gold Smooths - Max them (if you cant easily farm the mats to max shards your not ready for Nea)
    Gold Feathers - Max them
    Bracelets with Fine Emeralds (try to get 2 slot bracelets) - Aim for 350+ def on emeralds and 50+ def on sapphire, diamond and ruby
    Necklace - Get White Kitty Necklace and Passion it or AP necklace weekly till you can afford kitty.
    Passion all accessories minus one Berserk if you want. (dont forget artifact passion)
    Enhance everything 5+
    Use Cadet badge (can farm almost anything for an hour and buy a cadet badge that lasts a month) and AP shoulder items

You should have 13.5 -15k def at this point even with heavy attack based enchants where your negative 1k-1.5k def (for example: 2echo and 2enthu). If your not happy with your def from this point you have to deal with crappy infusions etc.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited January 30, 2017
    Full 2* Orange Level 90 Armor = 7000 (low rolls)
    Level 90 set bonus = 330
    Emerald Bracelet (x2) = 600 (mid-range Fine gem rolls)
    1500 AGI = 750
    Defense Mastery Rank 3 = 780
    Armor Proficiency Rank 5 bonus (x5) = 680 (all cloth)
    Passion Enchant scrolls (x7) = 1400
    Armor Infusion (x5) = 500
    +10 Enhancement (x5) = 945

That's 12,985 DEF from that list, which is the setup most people will have. Another 500-750 DEF if you have high composite rolls or 3* on your armor.

Some notes:
    -You'll get a tad bit more DEF from Armor proficiency bonus if you're wearing heavier armor.
    -The enhancement for level 90 armor is all the same as plate now.

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    I assume you already have your armor scrolled. It might make more sense to just make some 3 cheap lv 90 heavy armor pieces and use Armadillo, and then think about Resistant or sent... (Then you can mix and match armor depending on the run.)

Those ES should be cheap now, and as the hurk above said with them they will make pirate gear hit 13k+ def.

(As you said it does mean you loose bal, but usually that means running with 1 or 2 fasts instead of 4-5...)

Course running with Memorable/Expeditionary helps the other stats much more, but you loose on def and price is much higher.
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    Better get your crit resist than def, if you're capped resist and a bit lucky some unblockable like gate won't 1shot you.
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    *ahem* so when's that off hand equip slot for other characters coming?
  • iw2diw2d
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    just don't get hit
  • Question2Question2
    Mixxia wrote: »
    Gold Smooths - Max them (if you cant easily farm the mats to max shards your not ready for Nea)
    Gold Feathers - Max them
    Bracelets with Fine Emeralds (try to get 2 slot bracelets) - Aim for 350+ def on emeralds and 50+ def on sapphire, diamond and ruby
    Necklace - Get White Kitty Necklace and Passion it or AP necklace weekly till you can afford kitty.
    Passion all accessories minus one Berserk if you want. (dont forget artifact passion)
    Enhance everything 5+
    Use Cadet badge (can farm almost anything for an hour and buy a cadet badge that lasts a month) and AP shoulder items

You should have 13.5 -15k def at this point even with heavy attack based enchants where your negative 1k-1.5k def (for example: 2echo and 2enthu). If your not happy with your def from this point you have to deal with crappy infusions etc.

The gold to max material synthesis is more of a problem, for the reasons i stated. That said, the mats to max def/critical resist via material synthesis isn't a joke either, since thats well over 200 of each mat. Also i was referring to base DEF without temporary bonuses. People dont often sell airtight cadet badges on AUS so thats a very good solution either.
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    Seems like the NA crowd is missing a nice backstory on this =D
  • Question2Question2
    Order5 wrote: »
    Full 2* Orange Level 90 Armor = 7000 (low rolls)
    Level 90 set bonus = 330
    Emerald Bracelet (x2) = 600 (mid-range Fine gem rolls)
    1500 AGI = 750
    Defense Mastery Rank 3 = 780
    Armor Proficiency Rank 5 bonus (x5) = 680 (all cloth)
    Passion Enchant scrolls (x8) = 1600
    Armor Infusion (x5) = 500
    +10 Enhancement (x5) = 945

That's 13,185 DEF from that list, which is the setup most people will have. Another 500-750 DEF if you have high composite rolls or 3* on your armor.

Some notes:
    -You'll get a tad bit more DEF from Armor proficiency bonus if you're wearing heavier armor.
    -The enhancement for level 90 armor is all the same as plate now.

How are you getting 8x passion scrolls? Earrings + belt + brooch + 2 rings + artifact + one kitty necklace is only 7 accessory slots, but with berserker thats 6 slots. As i mentioned earlier, i have a starlight/incorruptible moonlight brooch so i actually have 4 passion currently (don't have a fast yet for my necklace).

I have 3x DEF infuse from event element stones at the moment as its insanely hard to make level 90 element stones.

+10 armor isn't realistic unless you want to give me the runes for it.

12-13k def without temp buffs is probably the realistic amount for most characters at the moment.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited January 30, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    How are you getting 8x passion scrolls? Earrings + belt + brooch + 2 rings + artifact + one kitty necklace is only 7 accessory slots, but with berserker thats 6 slots. As i mentioned earlier, i have a starlight/incorruptible moonlight brooch so i actually have 4 passion currently (don't have a fast yet for my necklace).

--

12-13k def without temp buffs is probably the realistic amount for most characters at the moment.

I just derped because of Explorer Enchant.

Personally, I have 14k DEF with just 2 Passion, 3 Healthy, and 5 Tutelary scrolls. I have a full +10 3* orange Regina set with high rolls and DEF infusions, but that's about as fancy as it gets.

I only gave you what most people I'm seeing are running with on West, if you truly want more methods I could suggest Warlord scrolls, but I doubt anyone on AUS has the patience to farm 7 of those scrolls.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    edited January 30, 2017
    I hover around 15k with 3* +10 enchanted and infused Braha armor and explorer brooch. Honestly doesn't really feel too different from 12k on Delia after Zenith wears off, I'd say maybe 1 additional hit without flaring/incapacitating assuming you don't get crit.
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860

Question1 wrote: »
    So you’re asking if it is recommended to get DEF and Crit Resist for Neamhain. Hypothetically, you could clear Neamhain with 0 DEF and Crit Resist if you were skilled enough to not get hit. But that would undoubtedly be impossible for a player of your calibre, hence you should look to increase your DEF to about 17k. Though, it’s probably not possible for you to achieve that with your current equipment so I’d suggest you change your full light armour set to a full plate armour set. Afterall, Devcat had always intended cloth and light armour to be used by more skilled players who didn’t rely on DEF and Crit Resist as much (clearly, not you). You won’t have to worry about losing BAL and DPS since you get carried in all your runs anyways.

But I’m not sure if Neamhain is a battle you’d want to attempt anyways. The Redeemer’s Potions that Devcat also recommends for you to use cost a whopping 1000 gold each. For someone who has 900m+ and is too niggardly to pay slightly more to repair enhanced armour, this potion-demanding battle would definitely be out of the question(2).

But let’s say you further extorted players within the server to buy potions, feathers and repair kits for you, would you even be able to find a party? As far as I’m aware, all of the Neamhain clearing parties on your server have consisted of players who you’ve labelled as your mortal enemies so you obviously can’t raid join their party since it goes against your Spasticism faith. As a result, you’ll probably just have to solo Neamhain, but if you refer back to my first point, you’ll quickly remember that such a feat would be impossible for you to achieve.

Tl;dr:
    Why are you asking about Neamhain when you’ll never be able to solo it, let alone find a party?

Btw, congrats on learning how to correctly spell Neamhain +best

wow. Is this the OP's alt? Question1 and Question2? Did the OP just use his alt to throw himself under the bus? *smh
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    I've got 12k defense, but I could probably stumble my way to 13k maybe 14k, but I'm not really sure if I'll ever get to 15.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    15k is definitely DevCAT recommended. The KR community doesn't really care about Def anyway since you need skill to not die. In fact I rock 10k def on KR running Neamhain xD That's because practice is the key.
  • Question2Question2
    Order5 wrote: »
    Question2 wrote: »

--

I just derped because of Explorer Enchant.

Personally, I have 14k DEF with just 2 Passion, 3 Healthy, and 5 Tutelary scrolls. I have a full +10 3* orange Regina set with high rolls and DEF infusions, but that's about as fancy as it gets.

I only gave you what most people I'm seeing are running with on West, if you truly want more methods I could suggest Warlord scrolls, but I doubt anyone on AUS has the patience to farm 7 of those scrolls.

Is that a DEF set you specifically made for Neamhain? I can't see anyone deliberately putting tut on 3 star OJ level 90 gear pre-Neamhain otherwise.

The problem with using stuff like warlords/tut/etc is that its a trade-off and not worth it since you lose too much of other stats (speed, crit, etc) for it.

Without temp buffs i think it doesnt look like i can hit 12k DEF even with +5 gear...at least not without maxing DEF via material synthesis on all my armor.