[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

So when will raids get back to normal?

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
in General Discussion
Post Neamhainn, asking people for raids :

s3 raids, out of 10 people asked (on average) :

doing neamhainn
ceebs
afk
doing story to unlock neamhainn
neamhainn practice runs
helping friend unlock neamhainn
ceebs
just on for bingo
Do you have a party? (answer is no, because everyone is doing neamhainn)
Just going to do abomination 2x for essence

The ratio is worse for Nifleheim/Abyssal arena. When will people start doing s3 raids/Nifleheim again?

Comments

• MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    when they reach 100 mark on Neamhain +yes
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    When people clear it and have to wait till next week.
    Or maybe they're like me and just logout till next week.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    My stats aren't even up there enough for neamhain, people on west doing mega's of neamhain up 25k+ join... so I would get kicked from those so I've pretty much given up haha
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Lot of people probably trying non stop to get their clear for the free outfit. As more people get their first clear they'll probably open up to more things again.
    Bladehawk
  • RakushuRakushu
    Vindictus Rep: 2,125
    school started.... most of my guildies were gone :<
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Biggest thing hurting us is that population is so much lower on all the Global servers vs Asia. More and more content and it's not always drawing more people to the game. Some things have changed that should help get more people involved with playing, but it's likely to be slow trickle.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Quick Battle, QOL improvments like the new email, and redeemer are all good things for this game. Now get NA the Enchant Scroll Change and for frack sake fix the horrid Enhancement system (and EU merge) and I think this game will start to grow again, instead of the steady delcine it's been on since I started playing about 1.5 years ago
    Bladehawk
  • Question2Question2
    Its not really a population thing, its just that most people are spending time on Neamhainn instead of anything else. Its largely caused by Neamhainn being hard and taking shitloads of time (the 8 min cooldown between revives is a huge time waster). If neamhainn didnt fail when everyone was incapacited and took a shorter amount of time, people might still be willing to do the other end game content. But when a successful run takes dozens of retries and 40+ mins even though the raid is full of people with +13s and above, nobody has the time to devote hours to s3 raids/nif/etc.

Quick battle isnt going to attract more players, its a party matching system in theory, but that only works if your server has thousands of players on at the same time like WoW or FF14. When your server has sub 100 players on at the same time, most of which are max level, new players aren't going to find people to party with via quick battle. And nobody wants to sit on a boat waiting for hours hoping a random stumbles onto it and joins the party, they are just going to solo it. At best it might help some max level players find the occasional party if they have notifications turned on.
  • BlatantBlatant
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    Question2 wrote: »
    Its not really a population thing, its just that most people are spending time on Neamhainn instead of anything else. Its largely caused by Neamhainn being hard and taking shitloads of time (the 8 min cooldown between revives is a huge time waster). If neamhainn didnt fail when everyone was incapacited and took a shorter amount of time, people might still be willing to do the other end game content. But when a successful run takes dozens of retries and 40+ mins even though the raid is full of people with +13s and above, nobody has the time to devote hours to s3 raids/nif/etc.

Quick battle isnt going to attract more players, its a party matching system in theory, but that only works if your server has thousands of players on at the same time like WoW or FF14. When your server has sub 100 players on at the same time, most of which are max level, new players aren't going to find people to party with via quick battle. And nobody wants to sit on a boat waiting for hours hoping a random stumbles onto it and joins the party, they are just going to solo it. At best it might help some max level players find the occasional party if they have notifications turned on.

Lol. Only endgame content is neamhain. S3 raids have been a joke for a while now with the power creep and the easy access to lvl 90 weapons/gear.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    That's because AUS is a ghost town. The lower the population the more dedicated those players who remain tend to be, so most of them who are on there are geared and want to do the newest content. NA still has a relatively decent amount of players at all levels and you can find people to do things with at any level.
    DownIoad
  • Question2Question2
    That's because AUS is a ghost town. The lower the population the more dedicated those players who remain tend to be, so most of them who are on there are geared and want to do the newest content. NA still has a relatively decent amount of players at all levels and you can find people to do things with at any level.

I think most of the players who are active are going to be people who are at end game, regardless of server. This is just one of those games that are pretty top heavy, kind of like guild wars. Obviously a larger server population helps though. Its a pity that the game has just lost way too many people to games like BDO or Tera, or people rage quitting because the content is too hard or due to the enhancing/enchanting system.
  • Question2Question2
    Blatant wrote: »

Lol. Only endgame content is neamhain. S3 raids have been a joke for a while now with the power creep and the easy access to lvl 90 weapons/gear.

Easy access to level 90 orange gear doesnt mean anything when getting enchants is still a PITA and +10 is pretty much the bare minimum to be useful.

• MoosecatMoosecat
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    edited January 25, 2017

I think most of the players who are active are going to be people who are at end game, regardless of server. This is just one of those games that are pretty top heavy, kind of like guild wars. Obviously a larger server population helps though. Its a pity that the game has just lost way too many people to games like BDO or Tera, or people rage quitting because the content is too hard or due to the enhancing/enchanting system.

Guild Wars had AI to compensate for lack of playerbase at all brackets. This game doesn't. Also max level in Guild Wars took like 2-3hrs. Where as max level in this takes a week. The entire new player experience is a shitty lobby based single player game at this point.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    I can say that on West, I've seen lots of people from all levels running around. Raid running is still a problem, but at least I'm seeing lots of activity.