[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

So..got a simple question

lumix345lumix345
Vindictus Rep: 1,875
edited January 23, 2017 in General Discussion
Hey Vindictus Community,

Got a simple question because im bored at the moment waiting for work.

Anybody else want character dance emotes in the supply shop?

Feel free to post your thoughts as well.

Thanks Vindictus Community!
  1. Who wants to see character dance emotes in the supply shop?50 votes
    1. Yes, that would be lovely
       64% (32 votes)
    2. No, dude get to work and stop slacking!
       36% (18 votes)

Comments

• AnthonytonyboyAnthonytonyboy
    Vindictus Rep: 4,665
    v9Nx8Ew.png
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9Gu3MyO.gif
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited January 23, 2017
    Ah yes just imagine all those Karoks seductively bouncin' their curvy hips like Arisha, Hurks doing those sweet pole dance moves, and Kais Fiona's frivolous buttshakin' like there's no tomorrow.
  • TabbedTabbed
    Vindictus Rep: 2,420
    Reminded me when I saw this event.

BloodAngel
  • BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    Yes plz... i would buy tons of other characters' emotes.... :(
  • A_Little_EerieA_Little_Eerie
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    I'd buy. Lann needs to swing those hips. Those nice . . . hips . . .
  • TalcynarTalcynar
    Vindictus Rep: 210
    edited January 23, 2017
    Or how about we recuse Nexon America for being obnoxiously greedy by making emotes a paid item. A standard MMO, based on WoW, is $15 a motnh. before that it was anywhere from $5-12 a month, WoW set the standard of $15. I know because i played Planetside, which was #13 a month until WoW came out, which then jumped up to $15. Nexon America wants you to spend at least $60 a month, the price of a brand new video game. Why would you pay $14 for a a single storage slot on ONE CHARACTER. If they wanted real business, this should be $2-3 each. Open all your storage slots with $18 vs $84 for one character as it currently is. For $14, this should be across ALL CHARACTERS you ever own. $14 for all emotes on ONE CHARACTER, riiiiiiight. They took away free nexon because "it annoyed too many people" when it really was "why are we giving away items for free when we can horde the money?" If they reduced the prices so that the average person would pay for it, they'd make at least 2x as much money, rather than making all these items for the top 30% who have hundreds to just throw away each month.

Do not promote their greed. Emotes are free items. Game content should not free, if it's substantial. Charging for free content is trash. I'd rather pay $20-30 for new content than $14 for one aspect of cosmetics. Premium content is one thing, but paying real money for nothing more than a pose is idiotic. That would be like buying a AAA game for $60, then buying each expansion for $300, which adds 1/4 the content at best.

Just look at Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. One time use starter bonuses? If you ever want them again, pay us more money? WTF?! Such items have always been a lifetime bonus for singleplayer games, and they went and screwed that up. And look at how much hate it caused. Nexon builds on people who don't mind paying stupid amounts, when they'd build bigger if they made them reasonable. If someone wants to spend $15 a month for a great experience, good for them. In here, that gets you 1 thing for 1 character.
    daws360
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited January 23, 2017
    Emotes are "cosmetic." It's no different than them charging you for hair or makeup for your character. I'm sure there's a bunch of games that charge you for insignificant cosmetics like emotes or tattoos. While I agree the prices on a lot of the NX depot items are a bit on the expensive side, no one is asking you to spend $60 a month. What would you even buy every month for $60? The emotes are one time permanent items, not limited like a lot of other games do. I've never purchased a permanent storage expansion either besides the one time Steam deal (which applies to only one character) and it's nothing more than a minor inconvenience paying a visit to my mailbox every now and then.

The only problem I have is that there should be more free ones, or some "unlockable" ones, and they most certainly should be account wide.
  • ValkyrieBladeValkyrieBlade
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    v9Nx8Ew.png
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9Gu3MyO.gif

2008 forum signatures
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    edited January 24, 2017
    Personally, I'd want more dances in general.

I got a free trial version of Destiny on my PS4 a while ago and they had all sorts of funny dances you could obtain. There was even a "Just do it" emote.

It's not overly important or needed, but it would still be a nice addition. And yes, restricting emotes to a single character is kind of messed up, especially when you're paying so much for them.

One thing they did do right at least was making the Neamhain emote obtainable through drops.
  • MoosecatMoosecat
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Why would you pay for an emote, when they're free in other games?
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    edited January 25, 2017
    "other games" make you pay for other stuff. id much rather have cosmetics paywalled than actual content
  • MoosecatMoosecat
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    "other games" make you pay for other stuff. id much rather have cosmetics paywalled than actual content

Don't you have to pay per character though?

• lumix345lumix345
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Well then happy to see other people interested in the subject as well, haha