[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Dodge moves?

LaharLahar
Vindictus Rep: 1,285
in Fiona
Besides blocking does this character have a dodge move that avoids damage?

Comments

• JackNitroJackNitro
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    edited January 22, 2017
    No, but you unlock Shield Deflection at 26

http://vindictus.gamepedia.com/Shield_Deflection

Lets you avoid damage without interrupting your combo. Honestly better than a dodge.
  • DarkOptimistDarkOptimist
    Vindictus Rep: 470
    Yes, she has a regular dodge roll with decent range. It used to be shorter and got you killed more often than not.

In addition to Guard/Heavy Stander/Deflection, she also has more dodge/evasion options, but they require SP to use:

Need to cover more distance than the roll? Active: Shield Dash (25/50 SP)
    Short invul-frame to avoid a single attack? Active: Shield Bash (125 SP)
    Long invul-frame to avoid a combo attack? Active: Shield Charge (750 SP)

There is also the rare Fiona whom you might see use an old feather sprint exploit to cover distance quickly, but it's really not necessary.
    I cringe every time.

Honestly, Fiona probably has more options to avoid damage than any of the other mercenaries.
  • JackNitroJackNitro
    edited January 22, 2017
    There is also the rare Fiona whom you might see use an old feather sprint exploit to cover distance quickly, but it's really not necessary.
    I cringe every time.

I never see anyone do that anymore. I honestly thought they patched it.
  • TheMoofTheMoof
    Yes, she has a regular dodge roll with decent range. It used to be shorter and got you killed more often than not.

It's important to point out she has no iframes during her dodge. It's strictly to move faster, that's it.