[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Kai's X gun kai rolls

Comments

• TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    ITT: Kais complaining about bolt roll being gone when it does not affect anything other than their travel time.
    ScarrletttUrano
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    edited January 19, 2017
    Not Triggered saying the truth how it is, no point in pvping as a Xgun kai now, theres nothing i can do to counter grab spammers far as pve goes hes dodge was perfect the way it was no reason to change it since it has been here from the start even if it is so called glitch which as been acepted. Wouldnt call it op it was balanced, now with this s h i t dodge, theres almost no point in dodgeing just a waste of stam. Like i Said on the kai forums if they nerf bow next will be quiting
    Urano
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Debahr wrote: »
    Good, this nerf is deserved. Bring down the Kais, I say as a Kai main. He's too broken with dodge spam.

Evie calls, she wants that so called title of "too broken with dodge spam."
    Urano
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    edited January 19, 2017
    All this hate and salt for kai. He is still really strong, this dodge mainly fked him over for neamhain. What I really dont understand is why scythe evie continues to go untouched. She can blink from one side of the universe to the other side within a second or so on top of her IR 10% spd buff and mana shield. Kai has no type of block or counter mechanic. The dodge bolt rolling was op, but just like with sword lann, they nerfed it way too much. They shud have made it in between, now its really slow

Regardless still gonna try to master the new dodge and git gud to do neamhain. One good thing bout this, nobody can complain that kai is piss easy or baby mode anymore since his only defensive mechanic was essentially nerfed by 50%+ in terms of speed
    Urano
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    Are the most overpowered chars really complaining about this? They're still like the cheapest to gear out to do massive damage with. They barely need to dodge anyway, yeah sure they pull agro but when you don't have to dodge attacks all other chars have to dodge because the area of the normal attacks doesn't reach how far the kai stands away. IMO it needed to be fixed a long time ago, along with some other things. Anyone complaining about pvp is just kind of dumb. The pvp in this game is crap at best and they don't do much to fix it.
    Urano
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    edited January 19, 2017
    Mainichi wrote: »
    ITT: Kais complaining about bolt roll being gone when it does not affect anything other than their travel time.
    Your Half right, it affects the travel time yes, but also when we need to dodge attacks or even undodgeable attacks we can move out of the way with bolt roll
    With this new dodge hes very slow pretty much like bow kai now, with the dodge now you will get hit no matter how hard you try, like for Ex. havans 4 attack combo not super fast, but Bow kai and the old dodge could invul each one if timed right now with this nerfed dodge impossable, also with gun kai he is pretty much face to face with a boss with the dodge hes Survivability went down 10 fold

People so easyly jump on the Hate kai bandwagon without knowing anything
    Urano
  • KaiTheArcherKaiTheArcher
    Vindictus Rep: 735
    edited January 19, 2017
    Arrow95 wrote: »
    Your Half right, it affects the travel time yes, but also when we need to dodge attacks or even undodgeable attacks we can move out of the way with bolt roll
    With this new dodge hes very slow pretty much like bow kai now, with the dodge now you will get hit no matter how hard you try, like for Ex. havans 4 attack combo not super fast, but Bow kai and the old dodge could invul each one if timed right now with this nerfed dodge impossable, also with gun kai he is pretty much face to face with a boss with the dodge hes Survivability went down 10 fold

People so easily jump on the Hate kai bandwagon without knowing anything

well they don't play kai, and from 3rd person perspective he is a long range character, and that somehow equate to "piss easy" in their mind, nevermind the fact that he generate boss threat at about 2-3 times other classes' and once he got cornered by a boss his survivability goes waaay down - and this is now doubly true with the dodge nerf
    Urano
  • TamagoTamago
    edited January 19, 2017

well they don't play kai, and from 3rd person perspective he is a long range character, and that somehow equate to "piss easy" in their mind, nevermind the fact that he generate boss threat at about 2-3 times other classes' and once he got cornered by a boss his survivability goes waaay down - and this is now doubly true with the dodge nerf

I have played Kai, actually, but you can keep assuming. No issues at all pre-S3 and haven't touched him since the 80 cap days.
    Apparently 0.63 seconds is not enough, while Spear Lanns have lived with way less for years and 0.66 seconds for a few years after that. There are classes with even less iframes at 0.43 seconds. Staff Evie had only hop with no iframes and she's a mid-range character/ has to stay relatively close to the boss. Amber was completely useless back then. But hey, apparently having a dodge with 0.63 seconds of iframes is so hard to dodge with.[/s]
    Urano
  • TamagoTamago
    edited January 19, 2017

I have played Kai, actually, but you can keep assuming. No issues at all pre-S3 and haven't touched him since the 80 cap days.
    Apparently 0.63 seconds is not enough, while Spear Lanns have lived with way less for years and 0.66 seconds for a few years after that. There are classes with even less iframes at 0.43 seconds. Staff Evie had only hop with no iframes and she's a mid-range character/ has to stay relatively close to the boss. Amber was completely useless back then. But hey, apparently having a dodge with 0.63 seconds of iframes is so hard to dodge with.[/s]
    Not Triggered saying the truth how it is, no point in pvping as a Xgun kai now, theres nothing i can do to counter grab spammers far as pve goes hes dodge was perfect the way it was no reason to change it since it has been here from the start even if it is so called glitch which as been acepted. Wouldnt call it op it was balanced, now with this s h i t dodge, theres almost no point in dodgeing just a waste of stam. Like i Said on the kai forums if they nerf bow next will be quiting

You counter grab spamming with your right click or reload (reload I recall countering grabs, but it's been a while so it might not)... How do you think Staff Evie counters grabs? Same way.
    Urano
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    I could do that also i risk getting juggled its a hit or a miss, also Reload doesnt work anymore forgrabs and for a 0.63 sec invul dodge is nice but still its a very slow dodge, on Multiple hitting attacks or even just a 2 hit combo gun will get hit(Ps Would be nice if Spin Smash was affected by attspeed could Twister away after dodge with bow)
    Urano
  • TamagoTamago
    I could do that also i risk getting juggled its a hit or a miss, also Reload doesnt work anymore forgrabs and for a 0.63 sec invul dodge is nice but still its a very slow dodge, on Multiple hitting attacks or even just a 2 hit combo gun will get hit(Ps Would be nice if Spin Smash was affected by attspeed could Twister away after dodge with bow)

Reload provides superarmor to prevent being juggled if you are going to be infinite juggled, so if you were to get juggled, then you can just escape the follow-up juggle if they are infinite juggling you. Pretty sure you know Xgun's juggle escape. Xgun's superarmor also glitches a lot, where he can't be juggled at all when he's glitched. Pretty much every class deals with the risk of being juggled when countering grabs though.
    Urano
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Whens the last time you pvped with gun? beacuse i must be reloading wrong, back then when they did the kai revamp they fixed alot including Reload to get out of perma juggles and even Bow Switch 2
    Urano
  • LinnardLinnard
    Vindictus Rep: 560
    heh heh I used to play spear lann 4 years ago before I quit after vella came out, so I know what it felt like to have no invulnerability and only .20 seconds of invulnerability. Those days were when playing as a spear lann meant you were either a phoenix feathers sinkhole, or had uber gear. Anyways, I would rather have only .43 sec and shorter delay between rolls than .63 sec and longer delay which makes trying to dodge combo attacks sometimes very iffy. That is how I feel about lann also. They buffed his iframes when really they should've just buffed his mobility by giving slip dash/roll more speed, or range, or shorter delay. This would be much better because lann's mobility is garbage, especially for a high-risk melee class, and my suggestion would reward skill with more mobility, and the farming grind would feel less of a chore.

Hmm, how about allowing players to modify their invulnerability techniques by allowing them to balance out their iframes-mobility themselves within certain limits? It would allow for more gameplay variety, and would just be more fun in general. Kinda like how kai players individually have different preferred ranks for their Reload skill.
    Urano
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320

So now that they have a dodge that is similar to lann's and people are still complaining? Yeah you pull agro more but that balances for the fact you're out of the fight for 70% if not more of the raid basically. There is always a way to dodge or move out of an attacks way as well so learn it. Idk where you get xgun is face to face with a boss tbh, he avoids a lot of attacks simply because he is far enough away. I have played xgun before and played a good bit of him. Too brain dead and easy, not my style. Why I haven't played him for a while now but these changes are perfectly fine imo. Just because you main an easy character (and it is not the hardest or close to a hard char to play) doesn't mean you have to get all defensive about it or say it's hate. Simple fact is, kai is not hard to do a lot of dmg with cheaper gear than other chars, as well as less risk and down time from dodging. All they changed now was an exploit that shouldn't have been in the game in the first place.
    Urano
  • KenseiSinsKenseiSins
    Vindictus Rep: 320
    edited January 19, 2017
    Suukei wrote: »
    The dodge you are referring to is a glitch. No more bolt dodge for X gun Kais.

1) It's not a glitch if bolt dodge is still faster than normal dodge, they obviously "meant" for this mechanic. It got nerfed, and to the dirt too. Kai's defense capabilities are so mediocre, it's a pretty big deal to have one of his most reliable skills suddenly benched.
    Abaddan wrote: »
    Are the most overpowered chars really complaining about this? They're still like the cheapest to gear out to do massive damage with. They barely need to dodge anyway, yeah sure they pull agro but when you don't have to dodge attacks all other chars have to dodge because the area of the normal attacks doesn't reach how far the kai stands away. IMO it needed to be fixed a long time ago, along with some other things. Anyone complaining about pvp is just kind of dumb. The pvp in this game is crap at best and they don't do much to fix it.

2) not even gonna deal with this guy, visited his profile and his hate for kai's run way beneath the surface. obvious troll, obvious muscle head, v a c u o u s.
    I like the fact that this was a Kai nerf, yet lanns and evies and every other class comes here to roast the kai's when they have nothing to do with it, I'm just complaining to my fellow kai mains that this sorta sucks. that's basically it. what else is up for discussion besides that.

3) quoting this brain dead guy again for the benefit of everyone, are you saying we Kai's can never solo play? sure in a raid, we're at a distance, and the new neamhain's raid boss Neit hits the entire arena, so it's not really a matter of "short-distance" vs "long-distance", you need those iframes.

in a solo battle the boss chases you, not the imaginary hurk or karok face tanking for you, you're no long ranged buddy.

Melee Kai's unite.

4) This game is so bugged tbh, i like how when you aim straight up then shoot, the camera just juggles back and forth like the old "hold shift and press left click as fast as you can" , how the r we suppose to solo play when we're versing huge pain in the ass monsters like aghlan, I am beyond salty lol.
    Urano
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    Linnard wrote: »
    heh heh I used to play spear lann 4 years ago before I quit after vella came out, so I know what it felt like to have no invulnerability and only .20 seconds of invulnerability. Those days were when playing as a spear lann meant you were either a phoenix feathers sinkhole, or had uber gear. Anyways, I would rather have only .43 sec and shorter delay between rolls than .63 sec and longer delay which makes trying to dodge combo attacks sometimes very iffy. That is how I feel about lann also. They buffed his iframes when really they should've just buffed his mobility by giving slip dash/roll more speed, or range, or shorter delay. This would be much better because lann's mobility is garbage, especially for a high-risk melee class, and my suggestion would reward skill with more mobility, and the farming grind would feel less of a chore.

Hmm, how about allowing players to modify their invulnerability techniques by allowing them to balance out their iframes-mobility themselves within certain limits? It would allow for more gameplay variety, and would just be more fun in general. Kinda like how kai players individually have different preferred ranks for their Reload skill.

Is this the actual linnard or that east imposter :0
    SwaggerrrrrrSylariusUrano
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Honestly everyone bashing on kai just love to hate. They claim they play the character for a bit and think they are a pro. The majority of the people attacking kai and stating "oh yea he deserved this nerf lelelel hahaha hehexd" are those that probably do not play this game at a higher level (the crude term wud be they are filthy casuals). They take it for face value and assume things they shouldn't.

I main 4 classes and use 6 weapon types: Spear Lann, Arisha, Sword Vella, Chain vella, Gun Kai and Bow Kai and I have truly played them all extensively and have actual unbiased knowledge of each character (you can ask alot of various people on east, they most likely know who I am and what I am capable of). Furthermore I used play alot of hurk and sword lann but due to foolish rage enhancement mistakes I no longer play them. I am not tryna sound arrogant, but I wanna make it clear that I actually know how each of these characters i play and have played work. Alot of times somebody is gonna say "oh yea i played this char and he was easy." The problem is, even if u played them alot, u either played them casually or in parties with no aggro. Or your definition of "easy" to at least do decent damage and survive. But when we are talkin bout truly mastering and optimizing character there is alot more depth. So please, if you have an opinion go ahead and say it, its a free country. But dont add on your condescending and quite honestly "d0uchebag attitude" to it and actually be open to arguments without attacking the other just cuz their opinion differs from yours.

Now regarding kai, the issue with this dodge is that it became alot harder to dodge certain multi hit moves. People call him easy becuz most of the time they played him was most likely in parties where they didnt pull the aggro. If its simple one hit moves kai is ok, but multi hit moves like s3 glas combos, lugh's combo, eochaid's combo will be much harder to dodge if the boss is specifically aimed at you. Kai has only one defensive mechanic.

People love to bring spear lann and how back in the days he had low or no iframes on his dodge. The thing u hve to consider is that bosses were alot slower and weaker than they are now aside from a few exceptions. People forget this and quickly jump on a certain bandwagon. Furthermore spear lann has a faster spammable dodge and his lightning fury provides alot of iframes that can persist by simply not doing any action after said lightning fury. Kai dodge is still good in comparison but lacks that mobility to defend against hyper aggressive moves.
    Urano
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    With this new dodge hes very slow pretty much like bow kai now, with the dodge now you will get hit no matter how hard you try, like for Ex. havans 4 attack
    combo not super fast, but Bow kai and the old dodge could invul each one if timed right now with this nerfed dodge impossable, also with gun kai he is pretty much face to face with a boss with the dodge hes Survivability went down 10 fold

So now that they have a dodge that is similar to lann's and people are still complaining? Yeah you pull agro more but that balances for the fact you're out of the fight for 70% if not more of the raid basically. There is always a way to dodge or move out of an attacks way as well so learn it. Idk where you get xgun is face to face with a boss tbh, he avoids a lot of attacks simply because he is far enough away. I have played xgun before and played a good bit of him. Too brain dead and easy, not my style. Why I haven't played him for a while now but these changes are perfectly fine imo. Just because you main an easy character (and it is not the hardest or close to a hard char to play) doesn't mean you have to get all defensive about it or say it's hate. Simple fact is, kai is not hard to do a lot of dmg with cheaper gear than other chars, as well as less risk and down time from dodging. All they changed now was an exploit that shouldn't have been in the game in the first place.

Thats Where your Wrong but am pretty sure your the type of a person who wont listen to anyone but your self, anyway 'There is always a way to dodge or move out of an attacks way as well so learn it.' Untrue with this new dodge it wont happen and theres only so much a Spin Smash can do if you want that extra distince, he really does need his bolt roll dodge His Survivabilty is trash now, beacuse of Hollow shot/6shooter Gun is face to face like any other class even if you dont like it.

About pvp it is mostly fine from the most part, just gets a bad rap takes time to learn beacuse it is different from pve, but people try it, get butt hurt then quit and say its trash
    ScarrletttUrano
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    If you really want to learn pvp theres a great thread in the pvp forums showing everything you need to know
    Urano
  • bananayabananaya
    Vindictus Rep: 230
    What most people seem to misunderstand is that Xgun Kai is exclusively long range. He is not a Sniper, he has to get close to: use Hollow Shot, land all 6 arrows from Six Shooter, and to utilize Spin Smash. He will lose a lot of his DPS if he doesn't get close. The issue is that his only means of safety is his roll.

I agree his roll before was OP as you can constantly almost always have invul frames, but without this "trick", he now has issues with:
    - Chasing bosses. Dodging is his only way of mobility. Spin Smash does give you little more distance but leaves you wide open.
    - Multi-hit combos from bosses (Ex: Lugh's spin attack where he phases in and out). As the recovery time from rolling is not too forgiving.
    - Large AoE/Unblockables (Ex: Eochaid's targeted jump or Glas' last smash). When you dodge through or away from an attack, but are still within the hit box. this is a similar issue to what Sword Lanns have.

What I'm saying is that most characters have an answer to these. Imagine playing Evie without Flying Sparrow or Double Blink, Sylas without Vision Dash, Arisha without Diffusion Warp, Fiona without Shield Deflect, Karok without Abosrb Shock. Or even Bow Kai without Grapple Dodge. Almost every other character has a something extra to let them escape or help them survive. While Xgun Kai just has this derpy roll.

Of course I know this post will unlikely change his roll mechanics, but I hope it at least changes how other players perceive Xgun Kai.

What I'm curious about now is:
    - How are Xgun Kai players adapting to this? I've heard from Zelov that now he relies on the movement speed buff from Hunting Party to position himself correctly.
    - Are there any changes to Xgun kai in Vindictus KR (Mabinogi Heroes)? So that we can hope for change.
    - To make a Bow or Unbind all my gear and main something else?
    ScarrletttSylariusUrano