[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Rock Star Outfitter, really?

RitsuTainakaRitsuTainaka
Vindictus Rep: 825
in General Discussion
Why is this outfitter locked behind a 100 dollar paywall? At least with the already semi frowned upon gacha locked outfitters you could probably have a chance at getting one of those outfitters for way less money. Im just trying to understand why it was decided that this would be a good way to sell it rather than make it a random chance gacha or a regular outfitter available through the outfitter tab. 100 dollarydoos compared to the already steep 30 buck limited ones seems like a bit of a cash grab to me.
  1. Will you drop $100 for an outfit you wont even get to use until a later maintenance ?56 votes
    1. Yes, because I absolutely have to have it!
       18% (10 votes)
    2. No, because I cant even think of $100 worth of stuff I'd want to buy just go get it.
       82% (46 votes)

Comments

• A_Little_EerieA_Little_Eerie
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Anyone still willing to invest in the Elite boxes can spend a little more safely knowing that they definitely will get something out of their money, but that is suuuuuuuch a minor thing so late into the sale.
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    Technically, if you plan on getting both, that's 75$ for each, which isn't far off from say the Summer Flute outfits which cost that much in coupons alone.

This is what you call a donation event, which can honestly get much worse considering some Korean games.

At least it's not $200 for a pair of equipment-costume black angel wings like last time.
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    I don't want to argue about gatcha boxes anymore, if Nexon feels this brings them huge income, by all means I'll play by your rule. But promotion event starts after most of the people already spend hundreds of dollars and the fire on elite lucky boxes has died down a lot to make them spend more? Plus get to the top requires another $150 purchase?

nice catch there.

+wow
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    edited January 18, 2017
    Merged the like threads.

Also @BladeXAngel as the op of this thread stated it is 100k nx to get all of the prizes. At 150 you get double.
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    edited January 18, 2017
    Dealer wrote: »
    Merged the like threads.

Also @BladeXAngel as the opportunity of this thread stated it is 100k nx to get all of the prizes. At 150 you get double.

thank you. you hit the spot there at least. but literally i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one just spent a lot on elite lucky boxes and then see that now spending equally amount of cash will reward you a full set of outfit/hair/inner... and I don't care it's double or triple or quadruple, the more you give, the more you make me personally think that you are just trying to dig more gold out of me.

personally i would even feel better if you just put that damn thing in another gatcha box. at least i know this is what you are used to do. This feels like trolling me over.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    MILK EM BEFORE ITS DONE
  • DealerDealer
    Lol man that autocorrect. That's what I get for posting on my phone.

Also I am a player, not nexon. So sorry I can't really help you in terms of how it's released.
    I also do understand the feeling of gachaing 100s of nx only weeks before this promotion, however I do find the price of the items you get pretty good since it includes the tail, outfit and other items.
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    edited January 18, 2017
    Dealer wrote: »
    Lol man that autocorrect. That's what I get for posting on my phone.

Also I am a player, not nexon. So sorry I can't really help you in terms of how it's released.
    I also do understand the feeling of gachaing 100s of nx only weeks before this promotion, however I do find the price of the items you get pretty good since it includes the tail, outfit and other items.

don't you see it's not the problem of how much it worth in the reward...it's how nexon is rewarding and how they are giving out the new contents. I'm very sure less people would care if nexon put it in another box or straight up for sale. Now in order to get this, you need to spend an additional $100 for 1 set and $150 for 2 sets on top of your regular expenses?
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Would be nice if players got credit for any NX spent already in Jan at least. Does feel like the purpose is to bait more money out of people. It's also a letdown because it was hinted that the outfitter would be earned by "other mean", not simply spending enough.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    Luckily this set if god awful, and if I see it on anyone I can kick them and report them to the fashion police.

Especially the guys.
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    the hair style is something i want tho...but if i want it on two characters...i gotta pay up good money to nexon again+sad
  • SoyuSoyu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    I just want the hair and the inner. I don't really care I have to pay 50k nx for it...only because I was going to buy exquisite runes anyways.

Still, wished it was direct purchase. I want the boots. :-/
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    LOL Price is Expensive AF...atleast for an outfit that's Ugly AF, I can't believe I'm the only one that thinks that the rockstar outfit is beyond horrible... ok Maybe the boots. but besidess that nope, I'd pay $1 for it, and that's just for collection
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    You want to print money Nexon? Put an NX event on with this.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    edited January 18, 2017
    im buying it

what do i spend 100k nx on?
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    I might get some lucky boxes since I haven't supported this game in at least a year. Getting pieces of an outfit to mix and match with other stuff is a good bonus.
    Do these things tend to be given to every character on an account? If not how is it decided which one gets it?
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    I might get some lucky boxes since I haven't supported this game in at least a year. Getting pieces of an outfit to mix and match with other stuff is a good bonus.
    Do these things tend to be given to every character on an account? If not how is it decided which one gets it?
    probably sent to your highest level or 1st character, and then be inside a tradeable box/coupon
  • NientonsoHNientonsoH
    Vindictus Rep: 320
    Anyone know if you have to actually spend 100$, or just buy 100$ of NX. Cause it's hard to spend exactly 100k without spending 99,700 for example and ending up having to buy 5k more to break 100k.
  • DealerDealer
    edited January 20, 2017
    NientonsoH wrote: »
    Anyone know if you have to actually spend 100$, or just buy 100$ of NX. Cause it's hard to spend exactly 100k without spending 99,700 for example and ending up having to buy 5k more to break 100k.

The previous times we had an event like this it required you to spend 100k (not just buy), because then people buying 100k and spending it on another game won't count.
    From the way the annoucement is worded it seems like this event is the same (first line):
    7LzXLvq.jpg
  • NientonsoHNientonsoH
    Vindictus Rep: 320
    Makes sense, thanks~