[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Coming back to Vindictus after 6 years

iCaregiveriCaregiver
Vindictus Rep: 410
edited January 17, 2017 in General Discussion
It's been a pretty long time since I've last played this game and I have a question or two for anyone willing to help someone get back into the game.

1. How has the game changed? Is it less grindy than it used to be or is it still focused on spamming dailies repeatedly?

2. Is the game still blocked off by a paywall after level 60ish?

3. Is it possible to become strong without pouring lots of money into the game?

4. Has the game been growing?

I'm currently downloading the game as this is posted. I really enjoyed this game, it reminds me a lot of Monster Hunter but in an online format. I would really prefer to come back but I'd hope some of the issues from many years ago would be certainly addressed.

Comments

• TsiiiTsiii
    Vindictus Rep: 2,175
    The enhancement and enchantment systems are still the same, so if you mean paywall by that, then yes, it's the same as before. The game is far less grindy than it used to be, though the game still does focus around raids. Seal shop update means you can get the highest level gear just by playing a reasonable amount of raids in game. The 90 gear that is currently available puts everyone at a pretty strong point in the game, though of course, enhanceing and enchanting makes pretty big differences in strength. Game has grown and shrunk with time. Right now, it's comparatively small to what it used to be.
  • ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    You can get almost everything with gold, you still need real money for permanent inner and hair (you can use AP for inner/hair coupons thoe).
    So pretty much you can get everything w/o real money, but like all things in life, real money makes things easier so its up to you.
    Aarcane
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    pay2winpay2winpay2win
    insane stat requirements now
    hard to obtain gold
    a LOT less players then just over a year ago
    hard to find any raids nowadays
    sh*t RNG, always.

Just turn away and run, as far and fast as you can and never look back
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    edited January 17, 2017
    idk if maybe i was just too much of a scrub back then but all the raids have become significantly more accessible since s3
    now i'm not struggling to meet an average stat req boat on my main; even my alts can join all s2 raids and most s3 raids and contribute meaningfully
    as for time commitment, it's always been play as much or as little as i want for me. never felt compelled to max out all available activities, though i know others have different personalities.