[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Wanting advices on who to play: Evie/ Kai

ShatteringsShatterings
Vindictus Rep: 100
in General Discussion
Hi everyone,
I'm fairly new and just started playing vindictus today.
I mainly love classes with long range when I play rpg and naturally, I started with Evie. But I noticed that her range wasn't as long as I expected. While I'm getting used to her range now, I was curious first of all, is Evie's range (initial spells like magic arrow) supposed to be like this? at the moment I feel like it's about few step's length away only.
2nd question is does Evie eventually get longer spells later on near the end game or always with same range as initial spells?
So my last question is rather my main question, could someone please tell me differences between Kai and Evie? I'm particularly curious about Kai's range as I've watched his video and it looked significantly longer than Evie.
Thanks for reading and any answers!

Comments

• MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    She gets a few spells that go further than magic arrow, but her range is close (close as in a bit away from melee range) to about mid range. She has a beam that goes fairly far but you dont want to start it too far away incase what your shooting at moves further out (long charge, shoot time and cooldown). Kai xbow is close-mid range as well (You dont want to go too far out because of Hollow Shot which has a very short cooldown). Bow is close to far i guess? ( i think bow only really gets one close long cooldown move but not 100% sure)
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    none, game is flooded with Evies/Kais already.
    Sylas is also somewhat range character, just fyi.
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Bow kai: longest range
    Gun kai: medium to close range

Gun kai easier than bow kai, their damage are somewhat close and very very high
  • BladehawkBladehawk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    edited January 14, 2017
    Bow Kai has the longest range. Most other ranged weapons - Crossgun Kai, Sylas, and Staff Evie - are mid-range. Chain Vella has a pretty long range, but I'm not sure how close it is to Bow Kai.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    edited January 14, 2017
    Nah, Chain vella isn't as long as bow kai. Chain vella can hit as far as a max range bolt storm, and that's pretty far if you ask me. Chain vella has to rely on heart of ice's combo strike, which is the main downfall of having reliable dps for Chains unless you have a way to get 20 stacks super fast. Another fault of chain blade vella is she has to rely on stamina potions on top of insane reaper in addition to Berserker ES to produce more stamina than she drains per swing, assuming she does not have to dodge any incoming enemy hits.

For X gun Kai though, Perforate, Bolt storm, and bolt storm have the same amount of range. Six shooter and hollow shot you have to be close to maximize damage. Perforate can also hit multiple enemies/hitboxes when aligned properly, which in turn results in insane amounts of damage, especially when you get those 4,000 critical head shots one after the other.

Bow kai can hit further than bolt storm, and can deal multiple hits if a head shot occurs that deals as high as 25,000 damage per magnum lv 3 charge head shot.

Staff Evie's main damage is fire and ice magic. Lightning magic is used to regain lost stamina while at the same time dealing damage. Her laser spell can deal high damage due to crit damage adding to the mix.

Though as people say that peeps playing evie and kai are like beating a dead horse, they are one of the best farming characters in the entire game, I cannot stress that further.
    Bladehawk