[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus Main Story Summary

Comments

• Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited January 7, 2017
    nice to see you brought this to the new forum.
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    edited January 7, 2017
    @birdspirit i have complete(sort of) season 3 summary. it should be enough to get the gist of things.

If there are any key points I have missed, do tell so I can add it in there

I would like to make it more organize when I have the time, but the low character limit is kind of a pain

once the forum is fixed, ill do something about the pictures and bolding and such
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    Yass, finally a summary of the story to read. So many things happened, but I still feel completely terrible about killing Gnoll Chieftain.

Any clarification on why we stopped Iset? She was just trying to revive her kingdom.
  • ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,260
    @Kourin uhhh I think it's because they might believe the vengeful spirit of Havan might go berserk and destroy everything?

@BoatGod Maybe Elchulus was laughing because he backed Keaghan to a corner forcing him to eat Verafim's heart. Idk what benefits Elchulus get for reviving cichol maybe freedom? But it still don't make sense why Verafim sacrificed himself when his wish was just a God for the lizardmens.
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    edited February 8, 2017
    Moved this to the new section.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    I wouldn't say that Neamhain is a fake goddess because it was Cichol (dialogue w/ reaper NPC) that gave Neamhain her wings. She's more of an incomplete Goddess because she hasn't fully awakened. I'm assuming because she hasn't awaken to a human vessel; Tieve was the vessel to Morrighan as was Keaghan to Cichol.
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    edited February 8, 2017
    @queenofmana Its up to grabs what she could be.
    Also could anyone tell me what dialog there is after completing neamhain.
  • DNAnthraXDNAnthraX
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    edited February 16, 2017
    Hi, nice thread. I love this game's story.
    Although i'd like to ask a question. Do you know if Vindictus is still building the Mabinogi's story ? Like a prequel.

PS: Also, honestly i think we need more scenes with Morrighan. I mean, season 1 ending is the first and last time we've seen her.
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    @DNAnthraX at this point, we have no idea. half the time it feels like its the prequel that is following the story of mabinogi, the other it goes a different direction. for example, we fought cromm who is a dragon in mabi but is a god of destruction who knows kung fu in vindy
  • DNAnthraXDNAnthraX
    Yeah, also according to the wiki, they mention Fiona, Lann and three other character in Mabinogi whereas we've got bunch of them in Vindictus.
    This also contradicts that the game is a prequel.
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    BoatGod wrote: »
    @queenofmana Its up to grabs what she could be.
    Also could anyone tell me what dialog there is after completing neamhain.

***********************************SPOILERS I GUESS*******************************************

After you beat her and the cutscenes over Neamhain stands in front of you and says
    " As I said, there is no escape. You call this an infection, but that couldn't be further from the truth." "
    ...This is redemption"
    "We will be rescued from the paradise of oblivion by our most gracious Savior. Can you say the same for your goddess?"
    "Even if you manage to defeat Neit, it will be meaningless. As long as the Sea of Reflection flows, I cannot be killed."
    "Yet... your sword. Odd that the Savior has not made mention of this to me, but no matter"
    "If he's crossed his path with yours, then he must have his reasons."
    "Now, face me!"
    "..."
    And back in town you talk to Macklin
    "Weird... They've retreated. That's never happened before! Maybe the Savior really has come down to help us..."
    "Ah, listen to me, talkin' like a fool!"
    "Anyway, if the infection ever stop someday, I'll take ya to the Glass Tower."
    "I know that place like the back o' my hand!"
    "...Er, what's with the face? Don't be gettin' cold feet, now!"

BoatGod
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    @Kurs thanks for the dialog. I truly appreciate it.xlLd4W1.png
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    The white winged savior refers to Cichol himself.
    "If he's crossed his path with yours, then he must have his reasons."
    Yes, at the beginning of Season 3 (Prologue, Episode 0), but we didn't fully interact with him until the end of Episode 4. He revived our friends with the exception that when the time was right we obeyed him.
    Cichol's intent is to destroy Erinn as he claims it a false paradise and it took away from him Tieve. He states that his methods are unkind and would do anything to get Tieve back even if it meant becoming the seal for Elchulus himself. If you remember, Morrighan was the original seal.
  • NickieNickie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,470
    Tieve dies the end.
  • DNAnthraXDNAnthraX
    Morrighan is gonna wipe everyone out if this game follows the Mabinogi's story. That is the end.
  • bloodydarnbloodydarn
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    Time does not rewind/reset after S1 for S2 to take place, S2 and S1 happens at the exact same time. The Elchulus/Keaghan fight happens at the same time as the Cromm fight, then the dragon flies off.....which is shown in the ending cutscene after Keaghan is defeated....which is then extended in the cutscene after Cromm is defeated where we see Elchulus flying over the mountain. This also explains why certain characters are still alive in S2 though they should be dead AND why the storyline of S1 is happening with a different perspective of it in S2 (ex: Seanna captured by Verafim, Ellis and the Ainle incident, Keaghan labeled as a traitor, Tieve in particular still being alive and not possessed by the goddess Morrighan, etc). These events don't just "simply happen again in a repeated time".

S3 comically hashes both S1 and S2 memories together with Kean asking if he knows you from somewhere. It really takes and continues from S1 though as you are still a rookie Crimson Blade Mercenary; after the memory wipe S2's Coffin Chasers don't know you and don't recall you ever joining them. It's not that S2 is a "What if" story, its more of a "Hey look from the right rather than the left" story.
  • KursKurs
    I don't think Season 1 and 2 happen at the same time. And I don't think it's a going back in time thing anymore but rather a reality being warped kind of thing which explains a lot of inconsistencies to me.
  • ActUraniumActUranium
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    edited March 25, 2017
    Hello. Tell me please, what is "Fobellow" means or what words have formed it?? I try to translate story to my language, but I can't find this word in dictionaries. Thx
  • KursKurs
    I don't think anyone knows what it means either. It might just be a name that the developers thought sounded good
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    edited June 21, 2017
    Alright, looks like I got some work to do. Since the "Rise" updated a lot of dialogue, I'll update the previous story if something major happened that was changed or added. I'll be sure to finish season 2 story, especially about that part where the Character transition from season 1 to season 2.