[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

So the buff came...

Comments

• CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    And people are complaining about this?
    Arisha was already crazy strong before this buff.
    She matched with chainblade Vella's damage output quite easily before. If what you're saying is true then this essentially almost doubles her damage output.

The only complaint that needs to be made is that the raids are just being made even more trivial and pointlessly easy with buffs like these.
    Just a year ago we got down to pubs being ~5 minute raids.

Now, in the past 3 weeks alone I've had a number of pub raids that required a 55 seconds wait time to get our drops.
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    Arisha is deff up there in the top 4 in my opinion, her damage is not RNG anymore, and it may be true that a Skilled Arisha vs Skilled Scythe / Kai Arisha would be in just a tiny disadvantage, but is not like before so you should be thankful :O you should just... git gud I guess, get the timing right, Arisha is all about the cooldowns if you master that there's on one that can stop you (Pubs) xD if you're in a party with actual pro players you're gonna get destroyed by Karoks, Evies, Kais, Hurks etc...
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    They really need to get rid of the ruin blade konami code nonsense.
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    Bowtacojr
    Bowtacojr said:

Use a macro if you can't do it.

• TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    ArishaL
    ArishaL said:

Bowtacojr
    Bowtacojr said:

Not like you know about that ;) xD
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    edited January 4, 2017
    Uh... macros might not be allowed per the ToS. >_>

But that aside, it's not even hard to do, really. If you can remember how to tie your shoes you can do Ruin Blade. Stop telling yourself it's difficult to do and just read it, memorize each step of it, and then practice it.
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Ruin blade is pure muscle memory now. And it gives it that extra layer of difficulty when you are trying to time the counter drain aspect of ruin blade with an enemy's attack. Also its first half and second half are reverses of each other makin the input even easier than what it cud have potentially been. U dont even need macro
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Just memorize Ruin blade by parts :O that's what I did and it worked pretty well...

1.- W S

2.- A D A D

3.- W S

4.- A S D

5.- S W S W S W S W (I spam this last step just in case the button get stuck or there's lag or something hehe )
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    any of you feel the ASDSWSW part is harder to get it work now? back then I used to RB with counter drain no problem but recently I failed the counter drain part pretty much. ._.! pretty sure I pressed the right key order.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    @ArishaL
    ------
    I already do, it's just pointless and doesn't really add anything but a chance for latency to mess up an attack.

@Cessa
    -------
    Not like they have any way of checking for it even if it were.

@Scarrlettt
    Ruin blade is pure muscle memory now. And it gives it that extra layer of difficulty
    --------
    There is no difficulty in ruin blade, even without the macro tbh, it's just a pointless addon to make a skill more tedious.
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    edited January 5, 2017
    Bowtacojr
    Bowtacojr said:

@ArishaL
    ------
    I already do, it's just pointless and doesn't really add anything but a chance for latency to mess up an attack.

@Cessa
    -------
    Not like they have any way of checking for it even if it were.

@Scarrlettt
    Ruin blade is pure muscle memory now. And it gives it that extra layer of difficulty
    --------
    There is no difficulty in ruin blade, even without the macro tbh, it's just a pointless addon to make a skill more tedious.

I was referring to the difficulty of counter draining with a boss' attack afterwards if you had read completely what i said and not forget to add that second part of my quote. The extra input does make it harder to chain it into counter drain and get that extra 100 mana, hence why its alot easier to get 100 mana purely from a raw counter drain since its only a single button press. Ruin blade is 8 inputs + 5 from counter drain. Easy to pull of alone but to time with an incoming attack is slightly harder and thats the purpose of having those extra inputs, becuz u are rewarded with alot of mana if done correctly (185 total mana if all hits connect and counter drain countered an attack).

As a side note, you should prolly quote people's comment in its entirety rather than take it out of context as you did with mine.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    edited January 6, 2017
    @Scarrlettt
    I was referring to the difficulty of counter draining with a boss' attack afterwards
    -----------
    Nope, that's also very easy, it's just sometimes more practical to use it as an attack to maintain dps than waiting to chain it for counter drain. Tbh, if you think it's tough, you probably need to study the bosses a little more.

As a side note, you should prolly quote people's comment in its entirety rather than take it out of context as you did with mine.
    -----------
    I think you need to get over yourself, my comment covered everything you said.

Also, you should learn to read a little more carefully, my comment said nothing about difficulty, I just find the key input to be a very bad addition to the skill.

Macro or not, ruin blade in it's entirety is easy, It's just pointless that the skill is tied to a sequence of keys that can be thrown off by poor connection to a bad host.

• ScarrletttScarrlettt
    edited January 7, 2017
    Bowtacojr
    Bowtacojr said:

@Scarrlettt
    I was referring to the difficulty of counter draining with a boss' attack afterwards
    -----------
    Nope, that's also very easy, it's just sometimes more practical to use it as an attack to maintain dps than waiting to chain it for counter drain. Tbh, if you think it's tough, you probably need to study the bosses a little more.

-----------
    I think you need to get over yourself, my comment covered everything you said.

Also, you should learn to read a little more carefully, my comment said nothing about difficulty, I just find the key input to be a very bad addition to the skill.

Macro or not, ruin blade in it's entirety is easy, It's just pointless that the skill is tied to a sequence of keys that can be thrown off by poor connection to a bad host.

Trust me, i have very good knowledge of arisha as well as boss attack pattern knowledge (and i hve the solo vids to prove it). And the extra input is by definition more difficult than a single button press like counter drain, that is a fact. 8 + 5 inputs is harder than 1 input when trying to counter boss. This isnt to say its very hard, but the purpose is to not make it too easy and add depth to her. That extra "addon" is something you have to deal with and if you can perfectly land every ruin blade in any scenario and perfectly obtain 185 mana (including lag, fps stutter and such that we all have experienced with vindi's outdated engine) then you can say its "very easy." Until then, i think we can all agree there is some timing, difficulty (take that word with a grain of salt) and knowledge required.

Also, in response to your last comment, i did read carefully and you specifically said, "There is no difficulty with ruin blade, even without macro tbh." Direct quote from your own post. Idk, that looks like you did mention difficulty lol. Seems to me you love to not only talk big and really have nothing to show for it but also deliberately lie to maintain your flawed argument.

And another note, I find it very ironic. You say things like "very easy" and "no difficulty" regarding ruin blade. Then what seems to be the problem? Why do you think its a pointless addon if its "very easy?" I mean, just do the input lol. Not hard at all right? You waste maybe 1-2 seconds of extra input? I think its just your nature to complain. To each their own i guess.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    edited January 7, 2017
    @Scarrlettt
    And another note, I find it very ironic. You say things like "very easy" and "no difficulty" regarding ruin blade. Then what seems to be the problem? Why do you think its a pointless addon if its "very easy?" I mean, just do the input lol. Not hard at all right? You waste maybe 1-2 seconds of extra input? I think its just your nature to complain. To each their own i guess.
    ------------

Don't know why you're getting so defensive over this, but I really think you should start reading people's posts instead of typing what you think will sound smart. That post you have there isn't my original post, my original post just says that I don't like the key combo, I later elaborate saying that I don't like the effect latency has on it.

I also don't understand why you seem so obsessed with whether or not something is hard or not, if it's hard for you then it's hard for you. I don't find it difficult, just tedious, especially when the boat has a poor host.

You might want to take a break from this game if you're so invested in Vindictus that you attack people like this.

• ScarrletttScarrlettt
    edited January 7, 2017
    Bowtacojr
    Bowtacojr said:

@Scarrlettt
    ------------

Don't know why you're getting so defensive over this, but I really think you should start reading people's posts instead of typing what you think will sound smart. That post you have there isn't my original post, my original post just says that I don't like the key combo, I later elaborate saying that I don't like the effect latency has on it.

I also don't understand why you seem so obsessed with whether or not something is hard or not, if it's hard for you then it's hard for you. I don't find it difficult, just tedious, especially when the boat has a poor host.

You might want to take a break from this game if you're so invested in Vindictus that you attack people like this.

No, i dont attack people. I argue with unreasonable people who dont contribute to the community and just complain or spread misinformation, such as yourself. Always spreadin negativity without actually doing anything positive (im talking regards to just your general comments on the forums itself, not just this post).

I admit I am at fault for bringing that aspect into this post which doesn't have anything to do with this topic. But at least I provide some actual meaningful key points and advice rather than constantly complain about something and really not offering any solution to it.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    edited January 7, 2017
    @Scarrlettt
    No, i dont attack people. I argue with unreasonable people who dont contribute to the community and just complain or spread misinformation, such as yourself. Always spreadin negativity without actually doing anything positive (im talking regards to just your general comments on the forums itself, not just this post).
    ------------
    So anything you don't agree with is either complaining or misinformation? That's healthy, I'll keep that in mind the next time I comment. ;^)

@Scarrlettt
    I admit I am at fault for bringing that aspect into this post which doesn't have anything to do with this topic.
    ------------
    Maybe I was wrong.....

@Scarrlettt
    But at least I provide some actual meaningful key points and advice rather than constantly complain about something and really not offering any solution to it.
    -----------
    Ah, you were so close. My suggestion was to remove it, plain and simple, what replaces it wouldn't matter so long as it doesn't cause the same issues as it does now.

Glad I've made such an impression on you, but take my advice and take a break, there's no point in getting so worked up over my posts and then replying with such a toxic attitude, it'll just result in posts getting locked.
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    edited January 7, 2017
    Bowtacojr
    Bowtacojr said:

@Scarrlettt
    ------------
    So anything you don't agree with is either complaining or misinformation? That's healthy, I'll keep that in mind the next time I comment. ;^)

@Scarrlettt
    I admit I am at fault for bringing that aspect into this post which doesn't have anything to do with this topic.
    ------------
    Maybe I was wrong.....

@Scarrlettt
    But at least I provide some actual meaningful key points and advice rather than constantly complain about something and really not offering any solution to it.
    -----------
    Ah, you were so close. My suggestion was to remove it, plain and simple, what replaces it wouldn't matter so long as it doesn't cause the same issues as it does now.

Glad I've made such an impression on you, but take my advice and take a break, there's no point in getting so worked up over my posts and then replying with such a toxic attitude, it'll just result in posts getting locked.
    I respect your suggestion but happily decline. The conversations I have on forums barely have an impact on my personal and emotional wellbeing. If you think I take it too seriously or ponder on this for hours end I really dont. Yeah itll bother me for a couple minutes and ill be "salty, titled, mad, etc. which is normal for most people, but then move on and enjoy the game and people in it; so a break wont be necessary. And I dont typically get into alot of arguments and quarrels in vindi, you can ask my friends. I actually dont really hve any enemies. I do like to explain my points and support them with evidence but when the opposing party becomes snarky or sarcastic then thats when Im more aggressive.

As you have said previously, "Gonna fight the good fight and keep going," even if people like you continue onwards. :^)

we are both "stubborn and toxic" in our own ways. The only difference between us is what we have actually accomplished in Vindictus.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    @Scarrlettt
    The only difference betwen us is what we have actually accomplished in Vindictus.
    ------------
    *Tips fedora*
    And a good day to you too, sir.