[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Korean golden time login event?

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    If you think Nexon or most of these gaming companies do a good job of responding to competition you're also living in a dream. The GW2, SWTOR, Vindi, NCSoft, and BDO related forums, Reddits, etc., are littered with the proof that these companies just don't do much in the way of that. Most of them seem to think that sales or releases coinciding with the release of other games or other new content is what keeps players around rather than actually catering to customers' long term wants.

I read a really good response on another forum about how the games that do well like WoW manage to make happy quitters: players who leave once they've had enough of what's out, but enjoy it enough that it's worth coming back to. Instead of alleviating the RNG in Vindi Global with great events like Golden Time that lessen it and reward players with goodies, they beat players in the head until they quit and never look back. In fact, every title that I've mentioned with the exception of WoW has either always been or has moved towards an RNG-heavy model that rewards luck and not time/effort. Even if every game on the block just about offers that kind of pain, when there is a glut of them, like there's really about to be with even more releases here in 2017, people just play casually, don't spend, and move on.

Not giving the Global regions Golden Time is just sad; sadder still is that they call this current login event 'Golden Time' +haha
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    QueenOfMana

Nexon Staff mentioned this before, but I feel like I need to reiterate this because not many players know. NA not getting Golden Time Event was because of the high volume of complaints being sent in about not receiving items during the distribution times or players disconnecting/crashing before or during the time of items being distributed. I feel like if Nexon Global gave us an Attendance version of the Golden Time items, the disconnecting/crashing/not getting items would be resolved. When I mean make it an Attendance Event, I mean put in every item that was in Korea's Golden Time Event in our Attendance Event variant except the items that is in their version of the game, but not ours.
    Wait, wait. We didn't receive this event because we complained about troubles that stemmed from their lousy servers? How... how is that even fair? If that is really what they said, that their reaction is to avoid problems at all or even punish us, as opposed to just... fixing their servers... potentially says a whole lot about the future of the game and their regard for our market.
  • herpaderpadurrherpaderpadurr
    Vindictus Rep: 310
    edited January 3, 2017
    Woo, first post on new forums!

As for the topic of NA having awful management and handling their titles poorly, it's been a trend since the old days. I remember posting the 2015 quarterly earnings last year and checking again now, it seems like NA as a region is still the branch that sees the biggest loss (up from last year). Like year after year they're constantly in the red. Why this hasn't been a red flag and brought to upper management is completely beyond me.

And before I get banned: this is public information.
    http://ir.nexon.co.jp/en/library/result.html
    BloodAngelGhengisJohn
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    herpaderpadurr

Woo, first post on new forums!

As for the topic of NA having awful management and handling their titles poorly, it's been a trend since the old days. I remember posting the 2015 quarterly earnings last year and checking again now, it seems like NA as a region is still the branch that sees the biggest loss (up from last year). Like year after year they're constantly in the red. Why this hasn't been a red flag and brought to upper management is completely beyond me.

And before I get banned: this is public information.
    http://ir.nexon.co.jp/en/library/result.html
    Well that's unfortunate. I don't want them to give up on us.
    "North America Revenues for the nine months ended September 30, 2016 amounted to ¥6,603million (down22.1% year-over-year)"

We'll have to see what happens, but considering they left Dragon's Nest to twist in the wind before it moved to its new publisher--who seems to be enjoying a very active community that's returned now that Nexon is no longer in charge--and have now lost any revenue from it on top of refunding NX and how the community has been here I doubt that they'll be operating at anything but continued losses. Riders of Icarus has received lukewarm reviews and has no real buzz, nor do any of Nexon's other releases, and we see how they treat the community that does remain...

I always wonder how one gets into a position to be allowed to squander such potential again and again and again.
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Q3 2016 Revenue by Region stated. 41% is from Korea (Is to be expected) 39% from China. Meanwhile US is only 5%. If we spend as much as we complain, maybe we would get good events and items like they do in Korea.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Put outfitters as direct purchase instead of gatcha.

That'll silence a LOT of people.
    GhengisJohnBladehawk
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    JamesGross

Q3 2016 Revenue by Region stated. 41% is from Korea (Is to be expected) 39% from China. Meanwhile US is only 5%. If we spend as much as we complain, maybe we would get good events and items like they do in Korea.
    Maybe we would. But I speculate that's less a matter of per capita spending and more a matter of population size. I drop about 10 bucks a month (last year I spent 116,000 nx). Circa Wrath of the Litch King I'd pay 120 a year for a WoW subscription and by comparison that's actually got excellent servers. If you're offering some form of indictment I could turn it back around easily but I'll simply say that for what we get, performance wise, I think what I'm contributing is fair.
    JamesGross

-------------------------------------
    If you go back to 2014 and parts of 2015 you'd see that NA was doing well. Nexon did this to itself by constantly making Sales the "Events" here and by time and time again not giving us the same rewards that other regions see for their money. It's like they really don't get that this is a global economy and that consumers are aware of what customers around the world are rewarded with. You can see it however you like, but I think it's foolish to give money to someone who constantly says "thank you for your idiocy" and laughs every time you hand them your dollars. They have the audacity to call our current Attendance Event 'Golden Time'. We don't even get a guaranteed +10, it's RNG as to where you land from +8 to +10, we get no shot at a +15, we get no outfitters, no inner, none of the rewards that the Asian regions see, and you're surprised that players here don't want to spend?

Black Friday: rng boxes for cash. Christmas: rng boxes for cash. I appreciate events like Golden Chieftain, but some of what we get is garbage, and I'm going to call it as such. +haha We didn't even get a Christmas tree in Colhen this year because Global was so preoccupied with the failed merger that all they had time to do was turn on the snow and toss in grindgate coupons for horribad cosmetics and a pet. Yep, I'm complaining about it and I'll continue to do so. I praised them for the S3 opener rewards because they seemed like a start for a push in the right direction; it seems that praise was too much, too soon.