[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Lynn Class in Tera

MewMewRenMewMewRen
Vindictus Rep: 1,740
in Lynn
Is this even possible, wouldn't this be copying?
Would you guys play this class?
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Jz0Wv00DgVU

Comments

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited December 23, 2016
    That does look close enough that lawsuits could be filed, but I'm certainly not a lawyer or familiar with international/foreign laws.
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    I feel Tera version moveset based on strength while Vindi version based on speed and movement, is not really the same.
  • FoecastFoecast
    Vindictus Rep: 440
    What the hell? Are polearms copyrighted material now? Those aren't even the same attack animations what are you guys on about.
  • ZiggyStardustZiggyStardust
    Vindictus Rep: 1,110
    edited December 24, 2016
    Yea the animations look mostly like reworked tera ones. Berserker leaping strike, slayer overhand strike, etc. The dodge is no doubt "inspired by" but that looks like the extent of it.
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    Foecast
    Foecast said:

What the hell? Are polearms copyrighted material now? Those aren't even the same attack animations what are you guys on about.
    ZiggyStardust

Yea the animations look mostly like reworked tera ones. Berserker leaping strike, slayer overhand strike, etc. The dodge is no doubt "inspired by" but that looks like the extent of it.
    Not to mention the swift assassin marks and the literal motion capture rip of flying snow's animation.
    Either you didn't watch the video closely enough or you've never seen let alone played Lynn.
  • Order5Order5
    edited December 24, 2016
    @Foecast

@ZiggyStardust

She not only uses polearms like Lynn, she leaves marks like Lynn does and detonates them. She even has the same Thunderleg, Windstep, Long-armed Devil, and Flying Snow movements.
  • ZiggyStardustZiggyStardust
    Vindictus Rep: 1,110
    edited December 24, 2016
    lol, you guys are right. when i first looked at it i saw the leaping strike animation and just watched the char to see if there were other tera animations i could recognize. case of only seeing what you are looking for i guess. i watched it again, and yea, i didn't look very close the first time.

edit: Nexon has also been the publisher of KTera for some time now. i would guess this would be released with their blessing rather than not.
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Foecast
    Foecast said:

Thought the same, but then I saw the marks too.
  • Order5Order5
    edited December 24, 2016
    In hindsight, a part of me also feels this thread belongs in off-topic since it's not exactly Vindictus...
  • MetaMeta
    Vindictus Rep: 855
    edited December 25, 2016
    They're both published by nexon in kr so doubt they'll sue their own game, in fact I won't be surprise if Nexon encouraged it
  • LeptonLepton
    Vindictus Rep: 305
    Lynn is more kawaii
  • EvillynonEvillynon
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    I log on to Tera today hoping to test it out.. but then notice its only in KR!! :-(
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    Nexon is pretty much the main game publisher in KR, so a lot of game titles are from them. Closers, for example, has a Strange Traveler pet and a character that's pretty much a copy of Delia. Emphasis on Rose Crush having a rose animation.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    It's interesting as like others have noted Nexon is now the publisher for both games in KR, but also because Vindi's team sued TERAs years back for stealing code and IP from them when some of the original DevCat people left to do their own thing and make TERA. Anyway, since they're both under one umbrella now I doubt it's anything that wasn't out in the open from the start.
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    edited January 4, 2017
    I was going to say a glaive isn't unique to Vindi, but those assassin marks made me laugh.

Also, Castanic Female only class. Stop it. STOP IT.

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Why, breh? That's only, what, the last five classes as female only?
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    was about to comment something like "Just cause it's same weapon doesn't mean is copying.." but then I saw the video and damn, 100% copied xD
  • HOTDOGHOTDOG
    Vindictus Rep: 1,080
    wow TERA seems like a fun game full of cute ladies
    i should try it!
  • AuraenAuraen
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    edited January 13, 2017
    It's interesting as like others have noted Nexon is now the publisher for both games in KR, but also because Vindi's team sued TERAs years back for stealing code and IP from them when some of the original DevCat people left to do their own thing and make TERA. Anyway, since they're both under one umbrella now I doubt it's anything that wasn't out in the open from the start..

It wasn't Nexon they stole code from it was NcSoft the game in question was the next Lineage MMO (which got scrapped for the newest version)