[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Final Verdit: Best Farming Character as of 12/2016

X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
Vindictus Rep: 1,795
edited December 29, 2016 in General Discussion
In a related thread I asked for input and the consensus was the following 4 characters in the attached poll were top farming characters. Some noted Kai for break offs, Evie for speed traversing, vella for environment destruction, but now it's time to take all these in consideration and choose just ONE hero that does it the best overall. Now it's time to choose the Final Champion! Use your vote to chose the King/Queen of farming ! Feel free to leave comments explaining your answer!
  1. Best Farming character in Vinidctus as of 12/2016?72 votes
    1. Sycthe Evie
       22% (16 votes)
    2. Pillar Karok
       11% (8 votes)
    3. Chain Blade Vella
       13% (9 votes)
    4. Xgun Kai
       36% (26 votes)
    5. None of the Above! (pls explain)
       18% (13 votes)

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    edited December 29, 2016
    Granted that other characters can farm in their own right, X gun kai trumps against all of them. Insane amounts of damage, break off bosses easily, and if you want environment destruction, just drop a bomb, kick it, and watch the good stuff fly all over the place.

X gun kai to me is like having a swiss army knife. You name it, he's got it.

Range, damage, destructive capability, etc. I played this class when X gun first came out, and the revamp made kai one of the strongest classes available in the entirety of the game. While he may not be the "fastest" character from getting to point A to point B, there are some kais that found a way to make them go fast, and even catch up to some good scythe evies.

Sure, he may be a Boring class to some, but when you put your mind to it, you can roll your way to victory.

If you want further proof, check out my world of pain speed run thread in videos + streams. :^)
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Anyone who thinks it's not Sylas or scythe Evie is not farming efficiently.

Almost all of the most worthwhile things to farm require you to get somewhere fast and kill the things there quickly or the bosses quickly to get through the area and reach the end. Of this, probably the hardest thing to do is to run through the map areas.

Because of this, scythe Evie or Sylas and their ability to close distances means they are the best.
    That both of them also have tremendous damage output against bosses as well just makes it all that much better.

So xgun Kai can farm breakoffs more safely and more easily. Big deal, what are you going to farm? Goliath leg tendons? It's 100% doable even without Xgun Kai or chainblade Vella frostbite. And really, there is no point to farming that for gold because you won't get that much gold out of it.

You think chainblade Vella is good at farming? Sure, if you farm 11 gold at a time from item destruction... Because scythe Evie can farm more erg pots per time than chainblade Vella can.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited December 29, 2016
    Delia travels just as fast as Evie and Sylas if you use Gravity Hop cancels.

Also, a chain blade Vella would sooner use spears like anyone else on Goliath because it only takes 1-2 spears for a flinch; waiting 70-90 seconds between each Frostbite would be inefficient. Anyone who actually farms break-offs with Vella would sooner spam Irukul for gold.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    @Cessa

X gun Kai: Season 3 farming ben chenner break offs. While oranges are nerfed slightly, you can still farm break offs to get an orange shard. I done this a few days back to help a friend with a 44 stable shard, and guess what, it dropped from a break off core from killing valus. stable shards bag the most gold, and an extra core from valus as a break is an extra helping.

Chainblade Vella: two moons environment destruction solos, where I can get up to 15 magic powder a run just by destroying objects. FIFTEEN. magic powders usually run at 48K+ per piece at the market, where 11:2 can be refined into a blessed elixir that runs at a whopping 800K on average (11 magic powder + 2 spirit remnants).

Evie/sylas: Not exactly as fast as you may think since their dodges take up to 15 stamina each as opposed to kai's 7. If both classes have 200 stamina, then Sylas/evie can do 13 dodges, while kai can do a whopping 28 dodges. and with armed and dangerous gaining 50 stamina back, that's another 7 added to said 28 where it becomes a total of 35 dodges. Sure evie and sylas can get a head start, but kai can get from point A to point B consistently without getting poot, let alone being FORCED to rely on berserker ES and stamina potions (not including insane reaper). Heck, hurk can keep going and going since he can throw away HP when his stam runs to 0. Plus, they have to rely on a secondary weapon to get certain tasks done like break offs, activating switches, etc. Also, sometimes they have a hard time facing against certain bosses while other classes can swiss cheese them like nothing, or x gun kai blowing everything to oblivion. *blows on gun*.

• QuinqueQuinque
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    I don't care what you say, Chainblade Vella or Gun Kai for me. Anyone who doesn't have an automatic break off move is off the chart, because of people like me who suck at spearing. Also if you don't have a chieftain pet you would wanna bring mine bombs anyways.
  • NiahselNiahsel
    Vindictus Rep: 820
    if we're talking pure speed Sylas, Scythe Evie and fruit punch karok are the top 3, Hurk and Delia are not as fast as these 3 i've raced every char against my pals in game and every time it's either a tie between sylas scythe and fisting karok, delia can be pretty fast as well but she's simply not as fast as those 3 because i've beaten my gf and her best freind countless times racing even when they do that quick cancel stuff, Hurk on paper has the most potential because he never runs out of stamina because of that one exclusive skill he has but xgun kai can break off so it's a tough call
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Said it in the other post you made and I will say it again.

'Gun kai for breaks Sylas for everything else.'

@Cessa
    Regarding your very first comment, right on the money.
    Niahsel
  • NiahselNiahsel
    Vindictus Rep: 820
    DownIoad
    DownIoad said:

Said it in the other post you made and I will say it again.

'Gun kai for breaks Sylas for everything else.'

@Cessa
    Regarding your very first comment, right on the money.
    real talk ~ pretty much this

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Sylas can still be annoying because he needs that fourth smash to maximize damage. Kai and Sythie have a much better overall kit for being able to be able to dish out damage quickly or with drawn out attacks when they're able.

Xgun & Scythie > Kpop Fabu
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    edited December 30, 2016
    In dungeon kai's damage is unparalled becuz of two main and important reasons: 1. plethora of sp by the time he fights the boss; 2. Enhance bolt cooldown reset each time he enters a new room. This essentially makes him the strongest class in terms of dps for dungeon farming.

Now in terms of speed, sylas and scythe are very quick on their feet. They can travel greater distances and faster than kai can. So while kai has a faster boss kill time, sylas and scythe hve a faster traveling time. You would hve to actually compare the classes side by side with equal stats to make the claim that one is faster than the other. Since farming clear time depends on both travel and boss kill time, u hve to take into consideration both aspects.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    It takes a lot less effort to kill everything with Kai than any other class, so he wins by default.

Even the poll knows.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    @scarrlettt Am I the only kai that can keep up with sylas and Evie consistently?
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    @bowtacjr its easy on almost every char. Majority of the cast are so powerful, albiet a few classes like lynn and hammer fifi.

@ikarsu u can only keep up if u hve victory/demo step in ben chenner otherwise a kai cant roll fast enuf to catch up to evie and sylas zooming across the screen.
  • TradespotTradespot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    I don't know,but as long as it's not like the pre-revolution Fiona im ok.

Off topic i definitely prefer mobs fighting in hero mode and they should of given a better dimension to mobs in hard mode long ago.They feel like decoration more than anything else except a few exceptions.The new purple preists are not bad but they still lack aggressivity.The knights in Ortel are not bad for example.

Hurk is still very strong thoe with the infinite stam supply,he can fork multiple ennemies and tap them to death and in hero mode he can use judgment a lot thanks to his detection system.But in overall im satisfied with *most* classes i wouldn't care much about wich is the best really,they are at least all *decent* now.
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    the only bad ones are short legs, notably lynn, sword lann/vella, and probably spear lann.
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    Ok we get it gunkai is best class stahp pls. It's threads like this that make me sad for maining Lann. You gunkai advocates are cruel ;-;
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Aequipondium

Ok we get it gunkai is best class stahp pls. It's threads like this that make me sad for maining Lann. You gunkai advocates are cruel ;-;
    Trust me, there are far more scythe evies on east than kai's and arguably more better ones. Despite how easy kai is, we actually hve lots of trash kais that dont kno what they are doin. Evies on the otherhand u hve quite a few notablely strong evie players. Evie is prolly the "best class" overall. She got the cute looks, the super high dps, the speed to farm efficiently and of course is a female character.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    @Ikarsu
    @Niahsel

There's a big difference between racing and farming if you don't have enemies to hit because Delia and Evie also have smashes that instantly grant them stamina. Combined with how Season 2 grants infinite stamina outside of combat, there's only a few missions in season 1 where it's actually relevant because in most cases, by the time you do exhaust your stamina, you would've already encountered a mob and regained all your stamina just by using your stamina recovery move a few times. Farming that requires destroying the environment is definitely one such case where Kai's lower stamina dodge trumps Evie/Sylas/Delia.