[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What is with the limitations on moving items?

PrototypemindPrototypemind
Vindictus Rep: 8,530
edited December 28, 2016 in General Discussion
Dyes can use shared storage but can't be mailed/COD. White Kitty Brooches can be sent by mail but Kitty Necklaces can't and can't use shared storage. Items can't be placed in shared storage if they aren't perfectly repaired. My kingdom for some sanity. What is with all the inconsistency?

It's pretty ridiculous to get an item like the White/Blue Kitty necklace and have to risk it getting sniped off of the MP just to give it to a different character on the same account, or having someone snipe an Airtight item that you're trying to sell to a specific buyer. Anyone have an explanation for this?

Comments

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Brooches are not avatar items, so there's that...

Kitty Necklaces are worn on the avatar page, and I don't think we've been able to put any items like these in shared storage unless it came in a package like the other outfitter pieces that we can get from the kitty boxes.

As for dyes, those are just like any other consumable avatar tab item like Merc potions, Graces, Unbind Potions, Durability Increase Potions, etc.
  • ManhwaManhwa
    Vindictus Rep: 310
    I kinda wished that airtight items for example can be mailed to limit those risks.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Order5
    Order5 said:

Brooches are not avatar items, so there's that...

Kitty Necklaces are worn on the avatar page, and I don't think we've been able to put any items like these in shared storage unless it came in a package like the other outfitter pieces that we can get from the kitty boxes.

As for dyes, those are just like any other consumable avatar tab item like Merc potions, Graces, Unbind Potions, Durability Increase Potions, etc.
    --------------------------------------
    I understand that it's coded that way, I just don't get why. Having to risk someone else buying the item you want to trade to one of your own characters before you can purchase it yourself off the MP is just bad design. It'd be like calling a store and having them hold an item for you and anyone who happens to show up asking for the same item before you get there gets it. That's the closest analogy that I can think of, only this is dumber because you actually own the item beforehand and have to risk having it bought out from under you in order to move it to another character on your own account.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Item Enhancement and Enchanting and Binding System serve no other purpose other than lining Nexon with money. So the answer to your question is "to make money."
    Them making me risk losing an item in order to move it to another character seems to be part of some strange scheme to earn my funds then.
    1) Hide items behind RNG.
    2) Make it difficult for players to move those items to where they're needed and cause pointless stress once they've finally gotten lucky enough to get them.
    3) ???
    4) Profit!
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    If greed or profit can't explain it, next best choice is Dev Laziness
  • BirdSpiritBirdSpirit
    Vindictus Rep: 915
    It is literally to make more money (get ppl to buy shared storage).

Same reason why there premium and normal fusion runes.
  • SuukeiSuukei
    Vindictus Rep: 3,220
    BirdSpirit
    There's an event not too long ago, where shared storage coupons can be obtained. Of course, there's an expiration timer when you used it. If permanent shared storage was available for purchase, they'll make money for sure.

Again, I have shared storage. That's not the problem. The problem is that you can't move the avatar items between characters no matter what you have, and you can't mail many items between accounts.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Some items can't be used via shared storage no matter what. Some items have to be traded via MP where there is a risk of it being Ninja'd away under your nose. As for cat necklaces, that is the main case.

Cat necklaces are strange no doubt, avatar item that can't be transferred via shared storage when other avatar items are transferable with the same method.

• X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Nexon is really smart, and did the math, and figures NOT PROMOTIG people to play multiple characters (by binding everything under the sun to individual characters) is more profitable then giving free account access to items.

Nexon is really dumb, and doesn't realize that if they promote current players to start a new character on the same account (by letting characters share stuff), they would beomce more invested in the game and probably convert non spenders to spenders eventually by providing a quality experience and increasing long term profits.

Either way, we lose.
  • NiahselNiahsel
    Vindictus Rep: 820
    finally someone speaks up about this it's so asinine
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    >outfits stuck on one character
    >soap/element stone materials/stims from kitty boxes stuck on one character

At least let us move them to other characters on the same account...I have all this useless soap that i cant use because they are stuck on alts. Nobody wants to wait for you to switch to an alt to use soap before starting raids.