[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Best Farming Character as of 12/2016

X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
Vindictus Rep: 1,795
edited December 25, 2016 in General Discussion
My gut tells me Spear Lann or Chain Blade Vella... what does everyone else think/know?
  1. Best Farming Character59 votes
    1. Lann
       3% (2 votes)
    2. Vella
       10% (6 votes)
    3. Fiona
       10% (6 votes)
    4. Kai
       22% (13 votes)
    5. Hurk
       5% (3 votes)
    6. Delia
       5% (3 votes)
    7. Arisha
       2% (1 vote)
    8. Lynn
       2% (1 vote)
    9. Karok
       12% (7 votes)
    10. Evie
       29% (17 votes)

Comments

• MastaMasta
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    If I could remember Chain Blade Vella is one of the worst, but scythe evie, sword vella. kai, and hurk were great farming characters.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Scythe Evie is amazing at handling trash mobs
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Gun Kai for breaks. Sylas for everything else.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Scythe Evie: sweeps trashy mobs + mobility

X Gun Kai: Boss killing + break offs + long range instant kills (perforate) on trash mobs. Can speed run World of pain in less than 5 minutes with break off for farming S3 materials.

• X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Hmm I'm surprised at all the responses. I guess when I think farm I'm thinking how Spear Lann on two moons can literally get 2-3 more Magic powder per run simply by breaking up all the fences/boxes/etc. so easily with his R4 smash. Chain vella does the same with her large sweeping R2 smash.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    It really depends on what you're farming.

-For me, Chain Vella and Spear Lann are contested on Hero Two Moons. If I don't have Werewolf Paw, then Lann falls short the mobility to take out wisp bosses as quickly as Chain Vella (because she's ranged). I could take throwing spears but then I lose out on the ore because I have no gnoll pet.
    -Chain Vella is good on 95% of break-offs, but Kai is better on the remaining 5% and just as good on half the rest.
    -Scythe Evie is better at farming S2 locations simply because of her mobility. Delia could be argued the same, but I think she has a harder time against flying mobs.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I like Cestus Karok as well because he can just power through everything and iframe through things that slow a lot of other chars down. Xgun Kai is hard to beat overall, though.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    lynn when 2nd weapon is released
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    X gun kai can drop smart bombs and blow up the ice containing the magic pow
    Order5
    Order5 said:

It really depends on what you're farming.

-For me, Chain Vella and Spear Lann are contested on Hero Two Moons. If I don't have Werewolf Paw, then Lann falls short the mobility to take out wisp bosses as quickly as Chain Vella (because she's ranged). I could take throwing spears but then I lose out on the ore because I have no gnoll pet.
    -Chain Vella is good on 95% of break-offs, but Kai is better on the remaining 5% and just as good on half the rest.
    -Scythe Evie is better at farming S2 locations simply because of her mobility. Delia could be argued the same, but I think she has a harder time against flying mobs.
    Meanwhile, thousands of miles away. *hears kai grunting as he rolls over and over again* :^)

Granted kai can just be as fast with enough practice invested, and end up being faster than some of the characters mentioned earlier. Plus, you don't have to worry about Bees or gremlins thanks to hollow shot for days.

Overall, chain vella is the best for destroying the environment, X gun kai can't even get anywhere close to what chain vella can do to environmental objects.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    edited December 25, 2016
    Seems like this is the consensus:
    Environment farming: CB Vella
    S2/trash mobs: Scythe Evie
    Break offs: Kai /CB Vella

• AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    Best is obviously Lynn because when you make 10 stack the boss is hit very hard and they bleed very much ;)
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Pillar Karok, xgun kai, cb vella, scythe evie. Those all have my votes. Lann is trash at farming don't even try to tell me he is, you guys have obviously never used him as a farmer.
  • DebahrDebahr
    Vindictus Rep: 1,300
    edited December 26, 2016
    BloodAngel

Pillar Karok, xgun kai, cb vella, scythe evie. Those all have my votes. Lann is trash at farming don't even try to tell me he is, you guys have obviously never used him as a farmer.
    I used to use my Spear Lann as a farmer. Pretty efficient for S1 scroll farming. Swords got through it pretty fast too.

I liked to use my CB Vella/Spear Lann for farming. Both are now dead, so I just use Kai.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    edited December 26, 2016
    For runs without having to get b/o, its Pillar Karok by far assuming you got decent gear and speed. Rhino form essentially gives you unlimited stamina that he can spam attacks non-stop, and don't get me started on his roll chain speed clearing through maps. He also has really good sp gain and fairly strong hitting decent aoe smashes for clearing those annoying mobs.

I would also say gun kai as he has similar capabilities as Pillar although he requires much less gearing to be effective. He has tons of utility as well and the only thing he lacks imo is his mobility speed which isn't bad but isn't great either.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    I actually don't play Kai or Lynn - does xgun kai have good mob clearing capabilities?
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    X1Guts1X
    X1Guts1X said:

I actually don't play Kai or Lynn - does xgun kai have good mob clearing capabilities?
    Right click press 1 mobs go kaboom!
    BloodAngelOrder5
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Gun Kai is good at mob clearing using explosions AOE like @aimandkill said above.

The reason I don't farm with kai is the sounds the xgun makes... 99% of people are probably not bothered by it but it makes me want to pull my hair out.
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Farming?
    If you don't have scythe Evie I don't want to run any missions with you.

That speed to clear levels and reach next maps is crucial. Huge damage output and clears trash mobs as well.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Looks like we have a consensus:
    TOP FARMERS: Scythe Evie and Xgun Kai
    Honorable Mentions: Pillar Karok and ChainBlade Vella
  • CatAngelCatAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 2,395
    My chain vella is +best at farming.