[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Cat or paw and regular or greater version?

ScarrletttScarrlettt
Vindictus Rep: 2,300
in Vella
I plan on maining both cb and sword vella. I hve finished their gear i just need weapons. My finished build puts me at 90 bal and roughly 40-50 spd dependin on how good my enhancing is. What artifact shud i get for either weapon and does greater version make a huge difference? Keep in mind i hate pvp and seal farming with a passion.

Comments

• RenkotsuRenkotsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    edited December 24, 2016
    i'd go for greater paw for the attack speed , i find vella have enough sp gain already using sword , of course i dont have insane attack speed so that's why i find it is more useful , but if you are at 40-50 attack speed already i'd go with whichever you feels benefit you the most .

And yea i hope they someday implement a way to get triumph medal without being forced to do that godawful broken piece of crap that is pvp, i posted a suggestion that was completely ignored and no one even bothered replying , the idea was to let you be able to trade those ein lach seal of honor in exchange for triumph medals.
  • GldPhoenixGldPhoenix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,020
    Cat for swords, paw for CB
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Tanks
  • TradespotTradespot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    As Okatsu sais it's important to use Windrider as much as possible.Even there,i would find myself nearly short of SP when using Typhoon Slash.It's basically your best asset when the boss is not attacking.If i was to go back on sword Vella,i would definitely get a Greater Cat.You might eventually find that the non return of SP from Typhoon is a little bugging.

For pvp,i use to hate it as well.Not a big fan of arena,but Seige isn't bad at all from time to time and it's more than 2 seals a match,free match is not too bad as well.

Chains,i don't know.
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Werewolf Paw if you are sure of your ability to survive the raid or can depend on your team to carry you even if you die.
    Good playing with a Succubus will basically make you unkillable in raids.

Take your pick. I'm mostly on Succubus Fang because my Werewolf Paw is not enchanted yet. :(
  • AphoticaiAphoticai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,185
    edited February 23, 2017
    Wisp...

Activate before doing Sword Ultimate, doubles the damage effectively.
    With chains, activate and circle boss to flanks while waiting for stamina to come back up.

+smile

also, it looks fantastic, but I am about the looks, so the other advise is probably better +shy
  • CuteeCutee
    Vindictus Rep: 910
    Im a sword player, what i could tell is :
    1-Im 98% using paw. the speed what it gives is a good boost for making some great chain xcuts. And go for the greater one.
    2-Fang isnt that bad either, but once you learn the boss moves it will be only an item in the inventory.
    3-statue is kinda useless imo, since sp is not a problem with swords
    4 Phoenix feather had became popular also on the neamhain runs, but cant see any other possible place where its a "really good tht i brought this" artifact
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    I rarely use Paw for swords, because I have 80 speed base. Paw multiplies the speed, so theorically I gain more from it, but practically I can't pull more attacks, unless it's sand-bag enemy. Fang is solid choice, especially considering fact how randomly crosscut works in parties.

For chains I use Cat Statue, which allows for nice cold-heart and blade-dance rotation. SP and damage flow is even better now that we have Glacial Strike SP in EU. Much like swords though, I have high base attack speed which may affect my choices. However, paw might be pretty interesting with transformation +max stamina and stamina regeneration buffs, not to mention transfo rework where stamina buff will be insane.
  • JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    Cutee wrote: »
    Im a sword player, what i could tell is :
    1-Im 98% using paw. the speed what it gives is a good boost for making some great chain xcuts. And go for the greater one.
    2-Fang isnt that bad either, but once you learn the boss moves it will be only an item in the inventory.
    3-statue is kinda useless imo, since sp is not a problem with swords
    4 Phoenix feather had became popular also on the neamhain runs, but cant see any other possible place where its a "really good tht i brought this" artifact

I agree,on second taught i would definitely pick Greater Werewolf Paw over Cat Statue.I was probably over using Typhoon Slash.Razor Whirlwind has very good damage for the time it takes to land and it gives SP back. It's a very good alternative if you don't have too much SP so as long as you can aim all the hits properly.