[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Is speed very important on sword and chain vella

ScarrletttScarrlettt
Vindictus Rep: 2,300
in Vella
I have 47 spd atm but will be at 50 once i max my shard and put a significant. Is this sufficient spd or shud i aim for more? I hve +12 chain

Comments

• GldPhoenixGldPhoenix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,020
    Personally, I wasn't satisfied until I had 55+ speed on swords.... Chains I feel like diminishing returns happen at a lower speed (probably 50 or so)
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    So u mean to say that at lower spds, it doesnt benefit much? Or that the higher spd u go, the less of an impact it has compared to the resources needed to hit such high speed? (Example: 70 speed vs 50 spd has less difference than 50 spd vs 30 spd)
  • TradespotTradespot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    On swords you already have a speed boost from Blade Heart wich is very conveniant to play on a high level.However,to be able to comfortably pull more advanced set of cross cuts,higher speed is necessary.

50 att speed is around what i would recomand *minimum* if it's going to be your main.You could technically use slashing high,but it's not always on,so you can miss out on cross-cut opportunities.60 and up would be ideal and shortest height of course.

To give you a rough idea you can,try yourself and compare some patterns with slashing high on and without it,or with Blade of Heart versus without it.You basically get out of the cut animation faster and it's easier to initiate additional attacks.

Even Typhoon into Deadly Storm can take quite some time to complete at lower speed.
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Thanks i will try i out
  • TradespotTradespot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    I forgot to mention Gale Cutter(Cross stance right-click hold+left click)

It can definitely be good to use it when you can land the 3 hits of it:

5:15 would be on of the many many examples

• CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    You can basically never have enough speed. If you can get speed and it won't be a detriment to your other stats then do so.

People who don't care about speed on chains?
    Faster HoI stacks buildup, that alone is enough reason to get high speed on chains. More Hailstorms while in Heart of Ice.

It's similar to how people say Arisha suffers from attack speed because of her stamina usage. It's better to use up your stamina because letting it regenerate is worth it, or if anything, stagger your attacks through. And Arisha's damage is limited by mana, how do you build up mana? Attacking, faster attack speed is more mana generation.

For swords, faster speed means more chances you get to squeeze damage into boss attacks. Very high attack speed can sometimes let you fit 1-2 normals or even add in some movement and a smash against Iset in between her attacks.
    Trying to do that while below 40 attack speed is practically like banging your head against a wall.
    The little bits add up to how much damage your character can output.

And those small things like that can make a character very fun to play or very frustrating to try and play.
    I'm not saying you need max attainable speeds. And I won't tell you to go +15 your chains because you'll probably break them. But I will say that I think this is a serious flaw in Vindictus and it's why it's bleeding players out.