[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

i want more DEF !

ISnatchMoneyISnatchMoney
Vindictus Rep: 1,995
edited December 21, 2016 in Lann
Does anybody have a Lann with 17k+ DEF? If so leave a pic below, or what I would have to equip to get such.

1. Should Lann have DEF?23 votes
    1. Yes
       26% (6 votes)
    2. No
       26% (6 votes)
    3. Maybe i should lay off the cake!
       48% (11 votes)

Comments

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited December 21, 2016
    Some weapons like the Trainee weapons and Salvation Longsword have DEF on them. Do you have Trusty and Safety ES on your weapon?

Do you have Warlord+Passion Protection Rings? Protection Rings provide only one stat: 194 DEF, and because they only have DEF, average element stones will only give +/- DEF.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Lann really doesn't need def unless you just wanna spear lann spin2win instead of learning his lightning fury i frame timing with the bosses attack windows. Sword Lann is simple enough in dodging that def isn't a huge issue. But what @Order5 said, and Also Orange essences and smooths on your armor. Avoid The Dead es or anything that takes away def like I think Enthu's do too. Just some tips if this is the route you wanna go, be prepared to give up other stats for this
  • DebahrDebahr
    Vindictus Rep: 1,300
    BloodAngel

Lann really doesn't need def unless you just wanna spear lann spin2win instead of learning his lightning fury i frame timing with the bosses attack windows. Sword Lann is simple enough in dodging that def isn't a huge issue. But what @Order5 said, and Also Orange essences and smooths on your armor. Avoid The Dead es or anything that takes away def like I think Enthu's do too. Just some tips if this is the route you wanna go, be prepared to give up other stats for this
    The Dead does not take away Defense.

• BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @Debahr I must have been thinking about the str and hp it takes away, my bad. But I think Twilight, the alternative to the dead that you get from Twilight Desert gives +300 hp, def and -5 bal? Idk just trying to throw ideas out there for OP who wants def over other stats.
  • Order5Order5
    BloodAngel

@Debahr I must have been thinking about the str and hp it takes away, my bad. But I think Twilight, the alternative to the dead that you get from Twilight Desert gives +300 hp, def and -5 bal? Idk just trying to throw ideas out there for OP who wants def over other stats.
    Twilight Passion CMA will give a ton of HP, but less DEF than Warlord's Passion Protection Ring.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    Order5
    Order5 said:

Some weapons like the Trainee weapons and Salvation Longsword have DEF on them. Do you have Trusty and Safety ES on your weapon?

Do you have Warlord+Passion Protection Rings? Protection Rings provide only one stat: 194 DEF, and because they only have DEF, average element stones will only give +/- DEF.
    pretty sure the AGI on a proper weapon will give more def than any direct def stat on those
  • Order5Order5
    edited December 27, 2016
    @2edgy4u

You only get 1 DEF for every 2 AGI. Even a 5* level 90 weapon with maxed rolls will only provide 36 DEF through AGI. It is only through the set bonus granting an extra 55 DEF from hitting 6 items that it might outweigh the flat DEF provided by most basic weapons. The Sword of Salvation, however, provides a whopping 145 DEF.

And in case anyone was wondering, enhancing or improving the star quality of weapons with DEF does not improve the DEF. I tried it on a Sword of Salvation before.
  • ERRORERROR
    Vindictus Rep: 540
    edited December 29, 2016
    I have 14k with full offensive enchants. You have to sacrifice too much for more. If you want to stack for the hell of it, do it on a fiona. I've seen one with over 20k who didn't take any damage. That looked fun.
  • Order5Order5
    Adding on that War Gremlin also boosts DEF by 600 for 1 min. while the other gremlin pets give 500 for 1 min.
  • PowManPowMan
    Vindictus Rep: 405
    edited January 7, 2017

Shizukaa