[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

When is the Winter Coupon shop supposed to restock

Comments

• ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    dudes its 2016, nexon ALWAYS screw the typo on the news section, pretty sure it meant 5 each char and thats it
  • DelterosDelteros
    Vindictus Rep: 2,855
    edited December 10, 2016
    Zuzuk
    Zuzuk said:

dudes its 2016, nexon ALWAYS screw the typo on the news section, pretty sure it meant 5 each char and thats it
    It's a critical mistake that won't be fixed:

5x 20 brynn elixirs is only useful for enchanting once but you need 10-12 enchants for armor and gear and even more for accessories. Not to mention the success rate isn't 100% so you will most likely be failing most of them and this will cost a lot in elixirs. We have a month long enchant scroll event and 5 of these elixirs is supposed to get people by?

I guess most people just do not care about this.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    You arent supposed to use only 20 brynn elixirs to enchant, they are meant for when you are at 70-80 brynn and don't want to risk going over 100 with a blessed elixir.
    BowtacojrArishaL
  • DelterosDelteros
    edited December 10, 2016
    Question2
    Question2 said:

You arent supposed to use only 20 brynn elixirs to enchant, they are meant for when you are at 70-80 brynn and don't want to risk going over 100 with a blessed elixir.
    Blessed Magic Elixirs are nearly 1 million gold each, the least Nexon could do is allow people to get enough free elixirs for the duration of the event. Not a hard thing to do.

A lot of these players can achieve orange lv90 gear by trading seals at the seal shop, get enchant scrolls by trading coins at the exchange shop, but they won't have enough runes or elixirs for enchanting (well at least Nexon is giving out free enchant runes in the attendance event, and of course they would expect people to buy the rest).

It has happened to me multiple times where I've burned through ~5 of the same enchant scrolls and a ton of elixirs just to get one enchant to stick. I generally use about 3 blessed magic elixirs per enchanting process so its about 12-15m worth of elixirs for that one specific enchant. I need about 20-22 or so enchants on gear so I could see myself using about 200m worth of elixirs for full enchanted gear which I don't really see new or even old players getting easily because of how hard it is to make money these days.

There is the option of not spending gold and farming elixirs but the whole event is centered around doing raids for coins and seals of bravery, not grinding certain maps and depending on RNG to help you out, because it most likely won't.
    If people are fine with paying or grinding for elixirs, then so be it. I still feel that it was meant to be 5 per day so that people could perform 100 brynn enchants for free, just by logging in the game and collecting Gallagher's Die and exchanging them for Golden Winter Coupons.
    kosc
  • Question2Question2
    edited December 10, 2016
    Its nearly 1 million gold each because people didnt stockpile them before and are scrambling to do it in the middle of a enchanting event. Obviously if you are just scrambling to get enough powders now, its going to be a nightmare. Anyone who has been playing for a while before the event should have enough powders stockpiled, especially if they have been using seals of dedication to buy them.

Lets say nexon allows people to get enough free elixirs, 5 per day for the duration of the event. The longterm consequence of this would be that normal elixirs would be practically worthless for months afterwards as plenty of players would have stockpiled free elixirs during this event. This would have pretty negative effects on the economy.

Empos have massively dropped in price for months because everyone is using the free event equip. The market will take ages to recover from this. Scrolls like impending are currently worthless since 30 mins worth of raids gets you enough coins for one and people are farming hero two moons like crazy for powders anyway.

The problem with powders though, is that fundamentally, they are pretty hard to get for high level players. No high level enemies drop them. They can't be bought using seals of bravery, only dedication which requires you to revive people, and most endgame players don't die often enough for you to farm enough seals. Their highest drop rate seems to be from breaking stuff, but the problem is that high level maps are very empty compared to low level maps because devcat got lazy. IIRC, BCE doesn't even have one handed clutter for Evie's erg transformation skill. Erg pots drop powders very rarely as well, and s2 maps don't even have erg pots. To make things worse, erg pots drop rate is penalized by the amount of players in the battle (unlike evil cores). And two moons drop rate is so bad that you only get 1-2 powders on average per run. You can also get them from raonnes chests, but its very random and most high level players skip s2 dailies because they take way too long and the drop rate for anything useful is terrible.

This is an example of pretty bad game design, where something that is heavily in demand by higher level players is harder to get at high level compared to low levels.

But i will point out one thing...once you get your enchants done, you basically have no need for powders anymore. Think back to when people maxed out enchants on level 60 gear...they went ages without enchanting anything (unless they wanted to gear up their alts). Similar situation with enhancement stones and elixirs. Anyone with a high enhanced level 90 is most likely not going to use any stones at all, i mean sure there's the occasional player who wants to try for +15 on every character, but most aren't going to spam runes and will stop at a +12 or +13. These players will have nothing better to do with their stones than to offload them on the market and then it becomes an issue of supply vs demand to determine the price.

Most of the time, the price of elixirs and powders is decent because you might get 1-2 r7 scrolls per month assuming you do s2/s3 raids regularly and people have plenty of excess powder to dump on the market (or so they think). Anyone who hasnt saved up enough powders now is causing the demand to spike. I dunno about anyone else, but i nearly ran out of powders during the last enchant scroll event but i had pretty much recovered my stockpile in a few months and i didnt do any crazy farming or anything. Just kept picking up a few from dailies and such. Leveling alts also got me a couple of stacks of powders.
    DelterosPixelPantsu
  • DelterosDelteros
    edited December 10, 2016
    Question2
    Question2 said:

Its nearly 1 million gold each because people didnt stockpile them before and are scrambling to do it in the middle of a enchanting event. Obviously if you are just scrambling to get enough powders now, its going to be a nightmare. Anyone who has been playing for a while before the event should have enough powders stockpiled, especially if they have been using seals of dedication to buy them.
    I don't think most people saw this event coming back this soon. Personally, I would've saved the event for next summer where many more players are going to be able to participate. I see the event as primarily designed to benefit ungeared or new players who are unlikely to stockpile elixirs or powders. I don't think its that easy to stockpile that many magic powders using seals of dedication but maybe there is a better method of doing so.
    Question2
    Question2 said:

Lets say nexon allows people to get enough free elixirs, 5 per day for the duration of the event. The longterm consequence of this would be that normal elixirs would be practically worthless for months afterwards as plenty of players would have stockpiled free elixirs during this event. This would have pretty negative effects on the economy.
    Empos have massively dropped in price for months because everyone is using the free event equip. The market will take ages to recover from this. Scrolls like impending are currently worthless since 30 mins worth of raids gets you enough coins for one and people are farming hero two moons like crazy for powders anyway.
    Not all players are going to be participating in this event, so there will still be plenty who need to farm or buy elixirs. I don't mind if the people who actively took part in this event had a stockpile of 20 brynn elixirs, its not like they are tradable. I feel that Nexon should be rewarding their players with something useful in exchange for being online throughout the event, especially since the game has been pretty dead for months. It's probably the most useful thing in the Golden Winter exchange shop but when limited at 5 its kind of disappointing..
    Question2
    Question2 said:

The problem with powders though, is that fundamentally, they are pretty hard to get for high level players. No high level enemies drop them. They can't be bought using seals of bravery, only dedication which requires you to revive people, and most endgame players don't die often enough for you to farm enough seals. Their highest drop rate seems to be from breaking stuff, but the problem is that high level maps are very empty compared to low level maps because devcat got lazy. IIRC, BCE doesn't even have one handed clutter for Evie's erg transformation skill. Erg pots drop powders very rarely as well, and s2 maps don't even have erg pots. To make things worse, erg pots drop rate is penalized by the amount of players in the battle (unlike evil cores). And two moons drop rate is so bad that you only get 1-2 powders on average per run. You can also get them from raonnes chests, but its very random and most high level players skip s2 dailies because they take way too long and the drop rate for anything useful is terrible. This is an example of pretty bad game design, where something that is heavily in demand by higher level players is harder to get at high level compared to low levels.
    This just about sums up the problem.

Honestly, I think the older version of the Gallagher's Dice Game would've been better:
    Defeat Raid Bosses to obtain a Gallagher's Die
    Go to the Gallagher's Dice Game under the Random menu
    Roll the die and claim your prize!

Gallagher's Dice Game Rewards:

1x Avatar Dye Ampoule
    1x Armor Fusion Rune
    1x Clodagh's Dye Ampoule
    1x Gallagher's Strange Box
    1x Channel Megaphone
    1x Experience, Lucky, AP or Divine Blessing Stone
    1x Goddess Grace
    1x Merc Recovery Potion Plus
    1x Merc Recovery Potions
    1x Premium Pet Feed
    1x Server Megaphone
    1x Skill Reset Capsule

Gallagher's Strange Box:

1x Cat Headpiece
    1x AP 100, 200, 500 or 1000 Capsule
    1x Armor Fusion Rune
    1x Avatar or Clodagh's Dye Ampoule
    1x Blessed Magic Elixir
    1x Channel or Server Megaphone
    1x Element Shard
    1x Element Stone
    1x Element Stone Catalyst
    1x Empowered or Paradise Enhancement Stone
    1x Enchant Rune
    1x Enhancement Elixir
    1x Enhancement Rune
    1x Experience, Lucky, AP or Divine Blessing Stone
    1x Exquisite or Godly Iron Ore
    1x Fine Rose, Fine Matcha or Fine Honey Bath Soap
    1x Goddess Grace (Solo or Party)
    1x Godly Cloth
    5x HP, Fine HP or Superior HP Potion
    1x Intermediate Element Stone
    1x Lambent Powder
    1x Magic Stone
    1x Merc Recovery Plus Potion
    2x Merc Recovery Potion
    1x Orb
    1x Paradise Orb
    5x Party Revival Feather
    5x Phoenix Feather
    1x Premium Pet Feed
    1x Skill Reset Capsule
    1x Spirit Magic Powder
    1x Spirit Water
    Source: http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/7376/update-gallagher-s-dice-game-returns
    DokkunBloodAngelkoscBowtacojr
  • kosckosc
    Vindictus Rep: 1,670
    I don't understand how having x5 elixirs per day on each character would hurt the economy. It's not like there is lots of magic powder/blessed magic powder on the marketplace. Regardless of enchant scroll event or not, they are always short on supply. If no one has those magic powders and if no one is willing to farm those magic powders to sell, why would it hurt to give away those elixirs? I can only see it hurting the economy if many people actually do accumulate magic powder and want to sell them but that's not the case here.

I have never ever sold any of my magic powders, also trade seals for magic powders and do 10 runs of two moons hero everyday. However, I find myself still short on them always. (and I have been playing the game for a very long time). At times, there's not even a single magic powder/blessed magic powder on the marketplace to buy.

Even if everyone somehow managed to enchant all of their gear, and elixirs are no longer needed; when new gear comes out (lvl 95), we have to enchant the new gear again, so the magic powders will be needed again. Also, to fully enchant all your equipment, weapon and accessories, it takes ALOT of elixirs. I don't really see the demand for magic powders decreasing anytime soon (unless bots start farming them again).

As a side note, it's Nexon that's missing out on the profit due to this. I was going to enchant my alt's gear using the enchant scroll event, however since I am so short on elixirs I don't think I will need to buy those enchant runes to enchant the gear. I have barely enough elixirs for my main.
    DelterosPixelPantsu
  • Question2Question2
    If it was 5x per day, elixirs would be worthless for months given that all you have to do is afk to get 5 dice, each of which gives you 1-3 coupons. Pretty easy to have hit 100+ coupons by now, and the elixirs cost only 2 coupons each.

I mean, just look at what the scroll shop event has done to the price of scrolls. Spirited used to be worth a lot, now its practically worthless since you can farm 20 coins in a day and it costs 25 coins.

One thing that i noticed is that i cant seem to buy 5x elixirs on more than one character. When i try, i just get an error message saying that it could not be completed...has anyone else noticed this?
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Question2
    Question2 said:

If it was 5x per day, elixirs would be worthless for months given that all you have to do is afk to get 5 dice, each of which gives you 1-3 coupons. Pretty easy to have hit 100+ coupons by now, and the elixirs cost only 2 coupons each.

I mean, just look at what the scroll shop event has done to the price of scrolls. Spirited used to be worth a lot, now its practically worthless since you can farm 20 coins in a day and it costs 25 coins.

One thing that i noticed is that i cant seem to buy 5x elixirs on more than one character. When i try, i just get an error message saying that it could not be completed...has anyone else noticed this?
    What is this obsession with prices staying high? Prices are only crazy because of inflation on East. I know you were playing from Aus before, and if you still are, why do you need more gold for gold's sake? Scroll prices were idiotic because the drop rates are butt and not enough people were farming them to overcome the RNG and keep the supply reasonable. EU seems to be the only part of the NA/EU/AUS continuum that has any logic to its market.
  • kosckosc
    edited December 13, 2016
    Question2
    Question2 said:

But there aren't any magic powders on the marketplace.
    Why does it matter if the price of the powders go up or down if there isn't any?
    However, my point is actually; I don't believe the price of magic powders will decrease significantly due to the event elixirs.

So far I have about 200 coupons on my main character which means around 100 elixirs.
    We need 5 of those event elixirs per enchanting a scroll so that's only 20 enchant tries.
    To fully enchant one character you need 26(+2 depending on secondary slot) enchants which are all above rank 9.
    I am not sure if you are one of those lucky people who succeed enchants on first try but I know I am not one of them.
    I have already failed 4 times in a row on getting Judgment enchant (still don't have it). Also, failed alot on my armor enchants as well before they succeeded.
    Going by the success rate of rank 7 enchant scrolls (40%), I would guess; to get 28 enchants on my character, I would need around 70 attempts at enchants total.
    (Even if some accessory enchants like Passion es has pretty good rate, I would still estimate around 60 attempts at enchants to finish gearing up).

60 attempts using event elixirs = still need 300 event elixirs to complete it.
    Making and estimate for event coupons that people will have at the end of the event period = around 320 coupons = around 160 elixirs
    160 event elixirs will get you 32 enchant attempts. We still need 28 more attempts to finish enchanting.
    Now those leftover 28 tries will require more elixirs since we have to use 50/10/5 elixirs to get 100 brynn.
    I don't think the elixirs would have been worthless even if they gave it out during this event.

I actually think the prices of the enchant scrolls would have stayed up if the elixirs were given out during the event.
    (I would have bought the scrolls on marketplace and use event elixirs to gear up my alt. I am pretty sure there will be other people who thought the same).
    Also, the sales of enchant runes could have gone up as well. <Missed opportunity for Nexon.
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    If they don't fix it tomorrow/thursday, then whatever. I've probably spent 30m+ worth of blessed elixirs, and as someone who has a hard time holding onto more than 10m gold at a time, the damage has been done, lol.

Just waiting on them to admit they screwed up now. Or pretend it never happened for a couple of years, like that one time with the season 2 angel halos, or that dye event that never happened.
    Delteros
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    It is pretty annoying that they've never responded to this thread at all.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    Prototypemind

It is pretty annoying that they've never responded to this thread at all.
    Welcome to Vindictus.
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    I assume the event page is wrong, and the shop is just that: no restock at all.
  • Question2Question2
    There are no powders on the MP because of the event. There would be powders on the MP if not for the event. After the event, eventually people are going to start selling powders/elixirs.

Honestly, if you dont see how the market would be severly impacted by 100+ free 20 brynn elixirs for everyone during this event, i dont know what to say...
  • kosckosc
    Question2
    Question2 said:

After the event, eventually people are going to start selling powders/elixirs.

Honestly, if you dont see how the market would be severly impacted by 100+ free 20 brynn elixirs for everyone during this event, i dont know what to say...
    I thought I clearly stated my rationale behind why the prices won't be severly impacted. Let me try to explain it again.
    If you still cannot understand my reasons after reading this comment, then I don't know what to say...

The lack of magic powders on marketplace is due to the current enchant scroll event.
    Right now there are more scrolls than there are magic powders to support the enchantments.
    What I was saying is; it won't hurt to give out those elixirs during the event to account for the current increased demand for magic powders.
    The elixirs are character bound (as well as the coupons to trade them are character bound) so you would need to stay on the character that you want to get those elixirs on. -This already prevents those people who have multiple accounts that just gather rewards to sell them later.<<Those people are what makes prices go down crazy. Only one character on each account will get 100+ elixirs if they play for 2.5hours everyday for 28 days. And the math I have shown in the previous comment will show that even those 100+ elixirs are not enough to fully finish gearing up one character.

I can only see the prices of powders/elixirs getting impacted severly if many people somehow decide to play the game for 2.5 hours everyday but do not collect any coins to trade for enchant scrolls and just save those elixirs for enchanting their stuff later. In that case, then yes. I agree to what you are saying because doing this will cause (once the event is over) there to be more magic powders than they are needed = prices of powders drop. However, I find this unlikely that people are going to leave their computer on for 2.5h but not take advantage of the enchant scroll event.

Also, this might be a topic for another thread but, I wish Brynn would just sell those magic powders for a fixed price like 100k. (Blessed ones for 400k?)
    Then people who are desperate for quick magic powders can just buy them from Brynn and it will work as a gold sink.
    It will also prevent magic powder prices from going up too high (200k for one magic powder is just too much) and the people who farm magic powders will still be able to sell them for a decent price like 60k.
  • JentemoonJentemoon
    Vindictus Rep: 1,755
    Nexon
    Hey Everyone,

I do apologize for the delay on addressing this particular situation with the Exchange Shop not restocking. We've Provided an update and you can read it in full here

TL;DR the Exchange Shop for the Winter Coupons will be extended until Maintanence on January 18th to make up for the items not restocking during the majority of the event. Again, I am sorry for such a delay on relaying this message. :c
    DelterosPrototypemindDokkun
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Ha! We were right!

And thank you.
  • DelterosDelteros
    That's awesome - time to save up for those 20 brynn elixirs image