[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Low FPS problem

BoatGodBoatGod
Vindictus Rep: 2,575
edited November 21, 2016 in Tech Support
So my friend has this gtx 970 and i7 2600
It has been bothering him and close to quitting when he has 10-30fps in town and battle.
I wish to find a solution for himimage

Comments

• BoatGodBoatGod
    I need help quick! he has been playing pokemon the whole day and not with me in vindictus +sad
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    I have a radeon 380 and a vishera 8350 and for some reason my frame rates have taken a nose dive lately. I was up to about 64 fps in town and 50 plus or so fps in a lot of raids several months ago, but my frame rates have steadily been dropping and today I did a Jugg and I was hovering between 14 and 30 fps.

It's not a problem of hardware degradation. My framerates are the exact same in bioshock's benchmark that they were a year ago and as an unscientific observation my fps hasn't declined in any other games. (In fact with patches it's gotten significantly better in games like Xcom 2 in the same time).

Vindictus actually seems to be running worse and worse over time and I don't know why.
  • DesireOfMineDesireOfMine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,650
    If by 'in the town' you mean in ch.1 where usually you have many people - then it's normal, and you should tell him to use some less populated channel for daily activity. If not, and the issue concerns all people on your server, which started to happen only some time ago... it could be that there is some issue with Vindictus servers. Vindictus FPS is affected a lot by server performance no matter of your hardware... so if the servers perform bad, everyone will have some FPS drops (depending on hardware some will have more and some less).

If it's none of the above... i may try to help you by adjusting settings of windows/ethernet card/etc. I've been testing a lot of this stuff by myself over the years, since performance is quite important to me, so i know few things which can improve Vindictus performance. I'm planning to make a video guide about this stuff, but seems like it's time sensitive in your case, so you can contact me on priv and i will give you my skype details @BoatGod (it would take too long to explain step by step via text).
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Well, before you do anything drastic at least try running around with the UI off. It's been known to be causing pretty bad fps since the last content update we got screwed it up and I wouldn't be surprised if that were the problem here.
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    DesireOfMine

If it's none of the above... i may try to help you by adjusting settings of windows/ethernet card/etc. I've been testing a lot of this stuff by myself over the years, since performance is quite important to me, so i know few things which can improve Vindictus performance. I'm planning to make a video guide about this stuff, but seems like it's time sensitive in your case, so you can contact me on priv and i will give you my skype details @BoatGod (it would take too long to explain step by step via text).
    Time wise, this has been a thing for about a year now. if turning off the ui gives him smooth frame rates then i just tell him to learn how to play without the ui +fight. also i would have to install skype again +pain
  • DesireOfMineDesireOfMine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,650
    BoatGod
    BoatGod said:

DesireOfMine

Time wise, this has been a thing for about a year now. if turning off the ui gives him smooth frame rates then i just tell him to learn how to play without the ui +fight. also i would have to install skype again +pain
    Playing without UI isn't an option, believe me. It's easy to install skype, but we can use any other voice communicator + Team Viewer if you prefer that way. It's just so i could see his screen and tell him what to click/type in... and skype has screen sharing option. It's just much faster this way.