[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

The issue with Vindictus performance

TheFinalEpicTheFinalEpic
Vindictus Rep: 1,340
edited March 18, 2018 in Tech Support
Wasn't even hosting and I know it has a 60 fps cap.

Comments

• Dinko4TheWinDinko4TheWin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    It's been a while since I last seen you...

Anyways yes this is how they allocate the load of the processors. Sometimes when you launch the game it will only use one core (Single thread) then you will see the 60 FPS. (Usually by direct launching)
  • TheFinalEpicTheFinalEpic
    Vindictus Rep: 1,340
    Dinko4TheWin

Anyways yes this is how they allocate the load of the processors. Sometimes when you launch the game it will only use one core (Single thread) then you will see the 60 FPS. (Usually by direct launching)
    Issue is they don't even fully utilize the one thread/one core. When i'm hosting its usually 70 percent load on one thread and 30-40 when i'm not the host.

And yeah I still play from time to time. Only reason I play is cause one of my friend still plays.
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    We've literally known this for years.

Vindictus is very CPU heavy. Single threaded CPU heavy.
    There are certain raids where if you are hosting you can expect 30fps and dips into the 15s pretty much constantly (looking at you, Juggernaut and Pantheum).
    There are also certain graphics settings which, if forced, will make your performance cry. Ambient occlusion for Regina, for example.

Multi-threaded hosting helped a little bit but not nearly enough, especially considering that it still crashed 50% of the time making everyone force close the game and restart to find new parties to join. The host has to rehost and gamble again with threading or not.

This is probably not very high on the developer's list of things to fix because it is something that is probably inherent with the game engine or the game code itself. It cannot be fixed easily without rewriting the entire thing and if it came to that it's probably better to just make a new game.
  • Dinko4TheWinDinko4TheWin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    TheFinalEpic

Dinko4TheWin

Issue is they don't even fully utilize the one thread/one core. When i'm hosting its usually 70 percent load on one thread and 30-40 when i'm not the host.

And yeah I still play from time to time. Only reason I play is cause one of my friend still plays.
    I did a poor job at explaining. From your screen shot it shows that it's using multiple threads which usually means it's getting poorly allocated use of resources. (Since this game engine runs on single thread) The developers got rid of the old launcher (The direct method) That is when I noticed that the game poorly utilizes the multi core option. So in order to get that good frame rate you will have to get lucky and launch the game when there is only single thread running. (Doing the direct launch method, but does not always guarantee single thread being used)