[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Gear Choice Help(Also Scrolls)

FatalVeninFatalVenin
Vindictus Rep: 400
in General Discussion
I am having some trouble deciding on what path of level 90 gear to pick. I am playing Delia.

I have seen and heard different things from running a 3/3 Split or even going a full 6 set.

Anyone have some recommended ideas? Like a good split and what scrolls i should be pursuing after? I know most of it comes down to personal preference but i honestly can not decide on what i want to go for, but most of that is because i just have no idea.

I am currently using the event gear, sitting alright for now on Thunder Rings,Emerald Belt and Pirate Earrings.

All advice is appreciated and i thank everyone in advance for helping me out with this. Any questions that are asked i will be happy to answer. Thank everyone again.

Comments

• GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Basic mix : Weapon/Gloves/Boots as Braha/Regina, Helm/Chest/Pants as Terminus/Lugh. So in short : Enlightment Enthu with the light pieces, Reinforced Echo with the heavy/plate pieces. WB or Time's + Master on Chest.

Weapon is about speed preference : Righteous if you want more of it (nice for Delia), Immoral if you are fine with your current speed, in order to get more Crit. I'd say to go Immoral if you have an high enhanced weapon.
  • FatalVeninFatalVenin
    edited November 8, 2016
    When it comes to looking to buy a weapon. What advice can be given about that?
    Or would it be better to craft a OJ weapon from the seal shop?
  • ScheherazadeScheherazade
    Vindictus Rep: 2,660
    If you have enough runes to get it to +10 and scroll it, then you can make your own. If you don't have any of this then it's probably cheaper to buy a weapon.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited November 8, 2016
    Unless your luck is great or you just have cash to blow and don't mind grinding gold for more scrolls you're better off buying pre-enhanced/enchanted. Now that you can get essences with seals it's not as big of a deal to yolo weaps to +10 or beyond if you're game, but yolo'ing both that and scrolls is a recipe for headaches and even using runes there's no telling how many scrolls it will take you. That's not even mentioning trying to get your gear scrolled.

A tip though if you are both bold and daring: always yolo the first scroll on your armor. Feathers were cheap before and they're even less now. If you fail it, ah well. Save your enchant runes until you've gotten one scroll to stick.
  • FatalVeninFatalVenin
    I really do appreciate all the helpful comments. Thank yall.
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    edited November 8, 2016
    A little more about the 3-3 mix.
    In general you wouldn't want plate/heavy chest and pants because they won't be able to take enthu or the superior journeying (over expeditionary)
    Chest is more commonly slapped with Temporal; but if you're looking to be future proofed, then a light/cloth will be recommended for WB. But if you don't wanna bother with crit capping or Videk, then this is the part where you can adjust your mix.
    Due to those two things, the most common mix is head/chest/pants as light/cloth while weapon/glove/boots are heavy/plate.

Getting a full 6 piece light/cloth is also an option if you just don't wanna bother thinking about the mix. The difference over a mix is just a couple of points on def and crit res for some negligible points in att.
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    Go 3/3, since you'll get two effects from your armor proficiency skills that way.

I just went Terminus helm/chest/legs and my Gloves/Boots just followed whichever 3* Weap I crafted first. Turned out to be Lugh.