[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Focal Point useage

Sensei636Sensei636
Vindictus Rep: 400
edited November 6, 2016 in Fiona
So to further my understanding for proper Fiona dps, in what situations do i use focal point active instead of dashing into a focal point?

Comments

• Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited November 6, 2016
    I use active focal point after dash focal point. That pretty much the only time i would use it.
  • SaekoiSaekoi
    Vindictus Rep: 915
    edited November 6, 2016
    It doesnt matter which focal points you use, as long as you are in a good position to hit the boss with it. However, If the boss is a few distances away from you I would typically use the the dash skill + focal point (right click right after) to propel myself to the boss faster in a short amount of time while getting a few hits in. If you still cant reach the boss after using the dash skill, hold down R for that extra dash while chaining into the focal point. The dash + focal point skill can also be used for dodging attacks as well.

A good combo for chaining focal points if you have enough sp would be: Focal Point (active) -> Dash skill + focal point (right click right after) -> Holding R to dash then focal pointing (again pressing right click right after) -> Repeat.

LS Fiona's main DPS is her enhanced counters that chain into arma kick, focal point combos, deflecting, and the regular LLLR.

Hope this helps :)
    *IDK about hammers*
    Sensei636
  • LaosduudeLaosduude
    Vindictus Rep: 3,005
    I press right click after the 2 dash actives when i need to catch up to a boss as hammer. Hammers main focus should really be butterfly combo spam during slashing high or butterfly spam to build all that SP easily for slashing high. Ofc this is in my situation with 20k defense, without it you would have to practice PGing and parrying big single hits aka me doing Eins sometimes getting close to get gold, but i always get hit like 1-4 times kuz im a pleb fiona player.