[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

The game is too linear

TooLinearTooLinear
Vindictus Rep: 620
in Suggestions and Feedback
Greetings

Devs, I am sorry, but this game is too linear. May we have a little freedom please? I have some suggestions to remedy that. They are nothing major, and I would truly appreciate some freedom. I feel forced playing this game, it is a chore. MMO are about freedom; For example:

-Why are we forced to do the story? I don't want to do the story, but rather, I enjoy the combat and would simply like to level without the story restrictions locked to battlequest.

-Remove story restrictions from battlequest, keep level restrictions only. Even if I am "X" level, I am locked out of a quest because I did not talk to someone. This is a turnoff. At 'X" level, I should be able to advance to "X" battlequest.

-We should not have to wait until level 10 to earn xp from battle quest. Allow us to just grind our way through quest, maybe earning exp from lower level quest once per day.

-More low level missions on the mission board

-Skills should also be level restricted, not quest/story-line restricted.

Currently, the only way to level is through the main story, everything is tied into the main story. battlequest are locked because of the main story. In other mmo, there are many other ways to level besides than the main story. I cannot advance unless I do the main story. The main story should be optional, but not hinder low level players from progressing through the dungeons. Battlequest should open up upon reaching the appropriate level.

Too linear, and does not feel like a mmo. Feels like a chore. Please allow us more level advancement/battlequest freedom.
john10

Comments

• SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    The game is story tied and based. Season 2 battles had a bit more freedom, but that made the runs inefficient and too long, so they are turning them to linear style now as well. It's not really travel around the world game, but live a specific scenario and enjoy combat & dressing. Most skills are level restricted, unsure of how the battles are nowdays, not that there is any reason to skip anything.
  • john10john10
    Vindictus Rep: 2,755
    edited June 21, 2017
    i remember playing with a new player that came to vindictus he didnt play long
    i kinda felt the same way low lvs arent enjoying as much as higher lvs
    i know because i have started new classes before
    but lv 90 would be the only lv that i feel freedom
    y not for starters
    ZZBghnB.jpg