[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Lanstrander and Brainfreezer title farms

IkarsuIkarsu
Vindictus Rep: 3,765
edited November 4, 2016 in Battle Quests and Guides
Title: Landstrander
Boss: siglint
How to earn: Down siglint 15 times using hemdrills to bring it down.
Required item: small bomb

How to farm it: Run the battle with low level or no armor on normal mode. Bring small bombs with you so you can bring 14 bombs at a time per battle. Dodge siglint's attacks until he prepares to go for an instant kill, which will prompt the player to use bombs to target the hemdrill mounds. Timing is key for this part. It can be soloable, so be careful not to waste bombs. In the event you run out of bombs, you can always reset and try again. If you bring a party, then the crashed siglint will count towards the one who crashed it down.

Title: Brainfreezer
Boss: Beokros
How to earn: attack beokros' head with his ice fragments 15 times.
Required skill: anything that can knock him down without destroying the ice in the process. This includes ultimate skills.
Recommended classes for holding: Evie, Hurk, Karok.

How to farm it: This one is more of over time and hoping you have a buddy to tag along and help you. Have your friend pop an SP increase potion if they have one right as the battle starts, and wait for beokros to do his blizzard attack that envelops one half of the map. Once beokros lands and you have the ice in hand, have your buddy use their ultimate attack, and position yourself towards beokros's head with the ice spear. Wait till the ultimate skill finishes, where you have exactly half a second to react before beokros gets back up. If timed right, you will get a bonus mission stating you attack his head with the ice spear. Be aware that the recommended classes have varied timings, and Evie has two holds at her disposal. Repeat this process as long as you have SP potions to spare. If you run out, you can always wait until you get the craft with expertise daily where you can craft a 10 second item to get 2 more SP pots every time it pops up. This will only count for the one who attacked it, so if your friend wants the title as well, you have to switch positions and repeat this process until you get it. Timing is also difficult as well, so it's okay if you don't get it on the first try. If you feel that you are wasting gold, you can always take a break on this and try it again when you have more. Additionally, any class that has holds can also work, but the ones recommended have short ultimates, and can be timed efficiently. Another way is to keep attacking until he gets knocked down, but that's more of chance and can kill beokros when you least expect it, locking you until the next day. Ice fragments can be gathered from Beokros's ice prison, and the ice pillars that cover the middle of the map.

EDITS: Corrected the quantity requirements as mentioned.
VoltQueenOfManaAqua22

Comments

• VoltVolt
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    edited November 3, 2016
    Appreciate the advice, but I would like to note that the amount of successful objective completions is 15, and not 16 (as you listed).
  • HighwinderHighwinder
    Vindictus Rep: 1,300
    The only way I've seen an Evie do Brainfreezer is while it's knocked down and to right click near Beokros' head.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    @volt thank you for the correction. I'll edit as necessary.

@Highwinder I think there was a patch for that method where it no longer works. However, throwing the crystal at his head while he is down will count. I can't confirm it since I do not play Evie. I'll ask a friend about it and find out if it still works.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Thank you for posting this guide because I have been having so much trouble getting those titles. This guide was very helpful. :-)
  • ThePharaohThePharaoh
    Vindictus Rep: 1,890
    edited November 9, 2016

brainfreeze like a baws
    Order5
  • ThePharaohThePharaoh
    Vindictus Rep: 1,890
    siglint timing
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    How I do Brain Freezer:
    1. Make sure you're standing on the right side of the map when Beo spews out his ice to split the map in half.
    2. Destroy one of the ice blocks(?) and get an icicle.
    3. Move to the left side of the map and try to anticipate where Beo will land after his AoE.
    4. If you've positioned yourself correctly, Beo should land to your right with his head in your line of fire.
    5. Beo will then use his tail swipe, where he turns his head to look behind him. Use this moment to hit him with the ice.

Will probably be good practice to do it this way so you don't have to go out of your way to farm the title, though it does take some getting used to. Also not for Evie.
  • NiburuNiburu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    I knew that Evie could do it a while ago, but someone in here mentioned it was patched so idk...
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    For Siggy, i usually take the small bombs in the corner of the map. Important part is to toss bomb as he turn in from one side and make sure he marks you and you are standing on or in the path of a worm thingy else when he dive the worm will miss him.
  • 7thRonin7thRonin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,030
    Kourin
    Kourin said:

How I do Brain Freezer:
    1. Make sure you're standing on the right side of the map when Beo spews out his ice to split the map in half.
    2. Destroy one of the ice blocks(?) and get an icicle.
    3. Move to the left side of the map and try to anticipate where Beo will land after his AoE.
    4. If you've positioned yourself correctly, Beo should land to your right with his head in your line of fire.
    5. Beo will then use his tail swipe, where he turns his head to look behind him. Use this moment to hit him with the ice.

That's pretty much how I always do it. Sometimes I wait to throw until he's almost finished with the tail swipe when his head is moving back to center. You can hit him from left side, right side or directly in front, but I have the most luck throwing from Beo's right side.

Siglent timing is pretty much the same for every turn he makes. Just wait until he starts his mid-air turn for the coming grab. About mid-way thru the turn is when I throw. Make sure you're standing on the middle line of the map and in front of the little rock mounds your bombing to lure him over them. I usually wait for him to make his first pass and throw on his second pass and hit nearly every time.

Both of these titles are easier to get in small group parties of 2-4.