[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Faded Monitor Color Display

QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
Vindictus Rep: 4,960
in Tech Support
Non-vindictus tech support related question. How do I fix a faded monitor color display? I have had this monitor and desktop computer for 4 months now and as of yesterday's windows update (installed graphics drivers even though I had it set to install ONLY microsoft updates). So, what I did was went into programs and features and uninstalled AMD Software and AMD Settings and then went to AMD's website to install/download directly from the source even tho I had no issues with the previous graphic drivers (17.2) and was forced to install 17.4. Then I began getting a faded display after my monitor flickered after reaching "Installing AMD Display Drivers." I restarted my PC in hopes it would fix. No dice. I then go and download the AMD Utility tool to uninstall all AMD drivers (to set up for a clean install). I noticed that the coloring returned to normal after it had uninstalled all AMD products. I restart my PC. I then go onto AMD website to download the latest drivers, but as soon as it hits "Installing AMD Display drivers," the moment my monitor flickers, the colors fade/wash out AGAIN.

I did notice that restarting my PC causes the faded colors to stay, but when I shut off my PC and turn it back on later, it returns to normal. Help?

Comments

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Here is what I can tell you. When installing graphics drivers the monitor WILL flicker every now and then during the installation. Did you give the installation time to finish? Like....did it tell you the installation was finished? If not then that's why. The graphics driver at that point wasn't done completing.
    Order5
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited May 17, 2017
    Yes, I gave it time to finish. It asked me to restart after it completed. After restarting, it still looked faded.

Edit: It was an issue with AMD drivers. Found a fix online. Anyone that has this similar issue, here is how you can fix it.

Right click desktop, click on Radeon Settings, Preferences, Additional Radeon Settings, and set Pixels to Limited or Full RGB (whichever is your preference). I choose Limited because Full RGB looked extremely dark for me. I hope this helps.
    Order5