[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Framerate taking a huge hit from HUD, or just me?

DysmachDysmach
Vindictus Rep: 200
in Tech Support
I'm trying to get back into this game, but I'm finding it nearly unplayable due to low framerates. I've noticed that when the HUD goes away for a cinematic scene or at the death of a boss, my framerate goes way the heck up to comfortably playable levels. Is anyone else experiencing this? I know the HUD has had performance problems in the past, but the last overhaul was supposed to fix it. It's worse than it's ever been for me. It's really weird, because this computer is considerably more powerful than the last one I used, but Vindictus doesn't run as well.

Comments

• JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    There are some more topics about the same issue.
    Its a known issue everyone is having trouble with.

Everyone, especially AMD CPU users, will have full stable fps when you hide all your UI (press - 3 times)

The only way I was able to boost my fps abit, was by hiding some of the UI stuff via the ingame settings. (minimap/quickslots/mission stuff/ etc etc)
    NakrastDysmach
  • NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    JynXi wrote: »
    There are some more topics about the same issue.
    Its a known issue everyone is having trouble with.

Everyone, especially AMD CPU users, will have full stable fps when you hide all your UI (press - 3 times)

The only way I was able to boost my fps abit, was by hiding some of the UI stuff via the ingame settings. (minimap/quickslots/mission stuff/ etc etc)

I can confirm, hiding the whole UI or some parts of it via settings can boost your FPS by a good amount (i went to 60 stable fps from 20-30)
    Dysmach
  • NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    edited May 11, 2017
    For some reason it double-posted, mb.
  • DysmachDysmach
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Of COURSE it's an AMD issue. Looks like I'll be dusting off my other computer if I want to play Vindictus.

Thanks, guys.