[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Recap - Bow and Blade Balance patch

Comments

• GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Necrochild

Power creep has been a slow but steady effect thanks to their previous "We don't nerf, we buff everyone to be on the same level" balancing act. I'll complain about Han Jae Ho (again in this forum within ten minutes) for the cancer that is damage %s and overly powerful enhancements above +10.
    When the only thing that had to be done that time was a nerf to Hurk... LOL
  • elcausaelcausa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    Gewellirious

Necrochild

Power creep has been a slow but steady effect thanks to their previous "We don't nerf, we buff everyone to be on the same level" balancing act. I'll complain about Han Jae Ho (again in this forum within ten minutes) for the cancer that is damage %s and overly powerful enhancements above +10.
    When the only thing that had to be done that time was a nerf to Hurk... LOL
    So true instead of just nerfing 1 char, and by nerf just so that he would more inline with the rest not under, they instead buffed everyone else and also nerfed the boses lol

• AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    QueenOfMana

Honestly, who cares about DPS? What matters most is having fun. That is the point of a video game, isn't it?
    It's also fun to get top DPS when being put on even grounds against peers. Nothing wrong with a little competitive spirit.
  • TheGreatCreidneTheGreatCreidne
    Vindictus Rep: 2,655
    Aequipondium

QueenOfMana

Honestly, who cares about DPS? What matters most is having fun. That is the point of a video game, isn't it?
    It's also fun to get top DPS when being put on even grounds against peers. Nothing wrong with a little competitive spirit.

Except it's not just a little competitive spirit for a lot of folks. It's an obsessive way of life that some people take way too seriously, and these are the people I talk about. I agree that it's ok to have some fun with a DPS brawl. I just wish people wouldn't let it consume them and ruin the game for themselves...and others because then we have to listen to how it's not fair that this class does more damage than this class.

• AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    edited November 5, 2016
    TheGreatCreidne

Aequipondium

QueenOfMana

Except it's not just a little competitive spirit for a lot of folks. It's an obsessive way of life that some people take way too seriously, and these are the people I talk about. I agree that it's ok to have some fun with a DPS brawl. I just wish people wouldn't let it consume them and ruin the game for themselves...and others because then we have to listen to how it's not fair that this class does more damage than this class.

Then I guess it's up to players like ourselves to remind these types of players what the game is really all about. But if there's room for improvement in the character balance department, I don't see why not. And if the majority of the vocal community think all classes are balanced already then that's fine, but if they don't then that's an issue that should be tackled - how the issue is tackled is a separate matter.

Edit: And whether it will be tackled is also another matter +haha
    Competitive is and will always be about PvP. If Vindictus PvP is bad, then either admit that it's not a competitive game and move on or you ask devs' attention to make it good.

Point taken.
  • StavrossStavross
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Arrow95
    Arrow95 said:

Would be nice a re-work for bow kai his dodge is one of or the worst dodge in the game and something for Shortbow nothing as changed for it, like it would be nice if Rapid fire was affected by Attspeed.

Just my Personal opinions pls don't send the angry mob with flameing Torches and Pitch Forks After me(Vindi hates Bow kais)
    OMG yes, Kai's dodge is total garbage, the recovery time completely negates the ability to actually dodge. Also wish there were some Shortbow buffs like mentioned above.

• TauzentBlitzTauzentBlitz
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    I think attack speed needs to be rebalanced somehow, or at least an easier stat to get for newbies. It's really frustrating knowing that I need, what, a highly upgraded weapon and a full set of enchants (which can all break gear on attempt) in order to even START playing some characters properly? No, thanks.

Plus, bow kai dodge, and PLEASE make longbow more colorblind friendly...
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    Gewellirious

Competitive is and will always be about PvP. If Vindictus PvP is bad, then either admit that it's not a competitive game and move on or you ask devs' attention to make it good.

Point taken.
    Damage board at the end of a raid is there for a reason. It is a competitive game.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    There are far more important things than being competitive. If Vindictus is a competitive game, why limit ourselves to DPS and PVP? Why not fashion? Vindictus is a fashion simulator after all.
  • elcausaelcausa
    By the screenshot posted earlier maybe XE doesn't have that Damage % ?
    I don't think the problem is the damage % but people that think that is all there is to it and assume that that's what everyone else cares about, some people might find that deeps competition fun, some find playing in teamwork, etc everyone has a different definition of fun, the issue arises when people try to force their definition of fun into others as theirs is the only way.

From some personal experience one time I was lvling an alt with a friend, we were lvl50ish doing tanou or klaus then a lvl60 joins (with lvl60 gear) at the end of the battle the lvl60 is bragging how he carried us and that we had to gidgud. Another one was with arena seal trades, even though I understand some people might not like it but when a seasoned pvp (I guess because of pvp gear) starts bragging that none of the people trading can beat him and is beating up the trading people left and right proving he's skilled, That's the kind of attitude that causes the issue,
    edited November 6, 2016
    TheDazzling

Damage board at the end of a raid is there for a reason. It is a competitive game.
    Time to make Break-off competition then.

This isn't my char btw, just found this screen randomly on Google lol

Or amount of SP used competitions, style actions competitions, etc.. not going any further as your "reason" is completely stupid. Especially on PRE where everyone deals the same damage no matter how they get hit, which means only gear decides who wins or not most of the time. (assuming people are all on an average lvl)
    If you have 2 Lynns playing as good but one of them has 23k - 130/90/75 and the other one has 20k - 110/80/55, it's obvious who is gonna win, no matter how good both are.

As Hally said 50 times already, speed scalling makes the balancing unable to exist at all, and this has always been like that. And I don't see why Arisha deserves top DPS just because she has to manage one MP bar, no one forces you to play Arisha by the way as long as I know.
    If you're looking to be rewarded for how you play, it's certainly not this game, maybe move on to another game if you can. (or keep beating other Arishas, I don't know)
  • elcausaelcausa
    Gewellirious

TheDazzling

Time to make Break-off competition then.

This isn't my char btw, just found this screen randomly on Google lol

Or amount of SP used competitions, style actions competitions, etc.. not going any further as your "reason" is completely stupid. Especially on PRE where everyone deals the same damage no matter how they get hit, which means only gear decides who wins or not most of the time. (assuming people are all on an average lvl)
    If you have 2 Lynns playing as good but one of them has 23k - 130/90/75 and the other one has 20k - 110/80/55, it's obvious who is gonna win, no matter how good both are.

As Hally said 50 times already, speed scalling makes the balancing unable to exist at all, and this has always been like that. And I don't see why Arisha deserves top DPS just because she has to manage one MP bar, no one forces you to play Arisha by the way as long as I know.
    If you're looking to be rewarded for how you play, it's certainly not this game, maybe move on to another game if you can. (or keep beating other Arishas, I don't know)
    I'm going to have to refute the claim on gear meaning everything that decides who wins, believe it or not skill plays a big role too, in your example a skilled lynn (or whatever char) with the latter gear could beat and average lynn with the former gear on s2, on s3 probably not unless the other lynn is below average.

I haven't done that in my lynn but on my staff I have done it with a +5 explo mael champion staff with like 18k on s2, s3 is too much of crutch, not skilled enough to pull it off there +haha
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    edited November 6, 2016
    xD Arisha hard cause MP Bar? I don't think that's the reason :P imo is just harder cause in braindead characters like Scythe Evie / Kai...you're allowed to make huge mistakes multiple times in raids and still #1 DPS... if you mess up your block as Arisha (most of the times cause other people knockback the boss when he's attacking) you're not gonna get that extra mana you were aiming to get (which is obviously the main DPS thing) also Ruin Blade can be a problem if you play at low FPS like I do, u can do it perfectly but game just not gonna do the skill correctly cause apparently I missed a key or something.... as scythe evie you can (idk how people gets hit with a class that doesn't need timing to dodge but ok. ) get hit, stand up keep the "smash > snap > repeat" move over and over again and you'll beat actual pro players using weaker characters cause you're not smart enough to use a character that requires skills to deal damage, and I know game will never be balanced... but there's a big difference between unbalanced / broken... unbalanced doesn't mean it's insta-win, if playing correctly you can deal tons of damage compared to other classes but that's alright cause atleast as I said..only if "playing correctly" and Scythe is just....broken the skill level u need to master her is 1/10 and I'm not even exagerating... and I understand you getting upset / mad cause I call your main class (I suppose it is) braindead...I use to get mad when they called me a noob cause I used Gogeta SSJ4 in DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3...but hey atleast I realized I had a huge advantage ith way less effort...why can't u do that?.

BTW.
    sorry if you don't understand some of the stuff I say, I don't blame you... It's hard for me to express myself AND English not being my main language doesn't make it better.
    edited November 6, 2016
    Never said Scythe wasn't broken, just said that while Scythe isn't hard, other characters aren't that hard as well. Surely more than Scythe but in no way they are hard in any way, so I'm asking why DPS is that important when you can actually "braindead" with any chars.

And Scythe Evie has her combo reset in XE now, even with Mana Shield, it kinda made her "more balanced". On PRE it doesn't matter since no combos, so just faceroll with Mana Shield (also, Scythe smashes have super armor so LOL) and OP gear and you deal 30%+

The upset thing is saying "smash > snap > repeat" when it's not how you get top DPS with Scythe. With my playstyle, give me equal gear to an "OP Scythe" doing only that, and she's way behind me in DPS, period. That doesn't mean it's "hard", not at all but it's indeed more efforts than smash>snap>repeat. Can't really complain as Void Star actually has a good range against raids bosses.. but it can sometimes miss : loss of DPS.
    So yeah, if you think Scythe is broken due to "snap>repeat", I hope you don't play with Scythes using VoidStar/Arcane, because that'd be beyond 'broken'.

And as to why it bothers me as well is that, since I play a different version on XE, a single little hit resets your combo. Meanwhile I don't understand why no one complains about S.Vellas for example, it's literally XCut-R the whole raid, there is much more braindead than Scythe trust me.

PS : I actually play/played all chars that isn't ranged.
    elcausa
    elcausa said:

By the screenshot posted earlier maybe XE doesn't have that Damage % ?
    I don't think the problem is the damage % but people that think that is all there is to it and assume that that's what everyone else cares about, some people might find that deeps competition fun, some find playing in teamwork, etc everyone has a different definition of fun, the issue arises when people try to force their definition of fun into others as theirs is the only way.
    Pretty sure it matters much more on XE as we have combo bonus. (150%, against 100% on PRE)

And about that gear matter -> both of those Lynns play as good, but yeah I should have precised that it's on a s3 raid.
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    edited November 7, 2016
    Yeah...mastering Scythe / Lynn / Arisha / whatever ain't hard I know, but what I'm trying to say is mastering arisha even if it isn't hard...it's waaaay harder than mastering Scythe and I know "Smash > Snap > Repeat" is not the only thing u need to top deeps... but lets be honest.. what else do u even need? Void star? Arcane gate? ok anything else? no...both of those skills can be activated with a sinlge button u don't need need timing while doing them like Arisha's mana control... one mistake as arisha means DPS going down by alot...while 100 mistakes as Scythe means 0.0001% damage less.

and DPS to me is important cause u can test your "skills" against other people, and it feels even better when you're playing with so many disadvantages and still come out on top (most of the times...till a braindead character appears and ruins everything xD )

I think the DPS thing (for me) it became an obsession LOL I even have a folder on laptop with pics of me dealing more damage than some of the "Pro / Scrubs with braindead characters / popular / Scrubs with OP stats" people on West O3O it is kinda stooped right? xD yeah I'll admit it. It is haha

Edited: Please do not Harass other players.
  • elcausaelcausa
    You save pics as war trophies or something? you need to get something better to do lol.
    Going on a guess here but if you win just once you save a pic and consider yourself better already? you do realize people have bad days or don't go all out in every single run right? if you lose you blame on lag/fps/class ?
  • TariroTariro
    Vindictus Rep: 1,945
    edited November 6, 2016
    TheDazzling

Yeah...mastering Scythe / Lynn / Arisha / whatever ain't hard I know, but what I'm trying to say is mastering arisha even if it isn't hard...it's waaaay harder than mastering Scythe and I know "Smash > Snap > Repeat" is not the only thing u need to top deeps... but lets be honest.. what else do u even need? Void star? Arcane gate? ok anything else? no...both of those skills can be activated with a sinlge button u don't need need timing while doing them like Arisha's mana control... one mistake as arisha means DPS going down by alot...while 100 mistakes as Scythe means 0.0001% damage less.

and DPS to me is important cause u can test your "skills" against other people, and it feels even better when you're playing with so many disadvantages and still come out on top (most of the times...till a braindead character appears and ruins everything xD )

I think the DPS thing (for me) it became an obsession LOL I even have a folder on laptop with pics of me dealing more damage than some of the "Pro / Scrubs with braindead characters / popular / Scrubs with OP stats" people on West O3O it is kinda stooped right? xD yeah I'll admit it. It is haha

Wow. These people do exist. I thought it was some kind of exaggeration by the community lol. I think you need to start playing other characters and get out of your delusion bubble.
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    elcausa
    elcausa said:

You save pics as war trophies or something? you need to get something better to do lol.
    Going on a guess here but if you win just once you save a pic and consider yourself better already? you do realize people have bad days or don't go all out in every single run right? if you lose you blame on lag/fps/class ?
    I do O3O the day you can do as good as me at low FPS and get Golden God title as arisha low FPS...tell me anything u want, but for now... +quiet :D <3

also the only ones in there I've beaten just once and then r4ped me on the other 10000 raids...it's only 2 people, the rest I've done it multiple times so...+quiet x2 :D <3
  • elcausaelcausa
    edited November 6, 2016
    Oh believe me I don't want to be anything near close like you. I dun care about titles nor solo runs so no I'm not doing ein, my arisha is lvl 63 but no plans in the near/far future to actually learn to play her properly. About low fps it takes some getting used to but is nothing as a big handicap as you make it to be much less on solo runs, I do play on a potato at work at times 10fps 1 bar, Lag training +best ( you think arisha is hard in low fps lag try doing fast focus on a staff with lag and low fps then come back to me) so yeah no I'm not gonna be ever going to be as good as you because I'm never going to make the things that you use to claim to be good XD, but who knows I main on east but have my alt on west that I play once in a blue moon maybe one day I get to save a screenshot of you :P