[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Optimal DPS Rotation + Sta Regen on Neamhain(Niet)

CelestiaVCelestiaV
Vindictus Rep: 710
edited May 4, 2017 in Delia
This is coming from a Delia that does Neamhain 24/7 while hugging the boss(on average 25%) but the optimal rotation in my opinion on sandbag bosses(I will be using Niet as an example) would be as follows.

Start off with your Orbital Flurry to Falling Comet, soon as that is done, use Cosmic Blitz(your dash) and link it to Falling Comet again. If you have the SP, do active:wild star then gravity hop to cancel the ending animation. Rotate back to your Orbital Flurry to Falling Comet. Fit in Starbloom when needed(Sta regen)

Another method would be to use Rings of Saturn into Rising comet> ion thrust> then skip into Rings of Saturn by LR-R(this is because the first left click is cancelled by the ion thrust). You can also link Rings of Saturn into Rising Comet> ion thrust> Orbital Flurry>Falling Comet(LLR-R, again cancelled by ion for the first left click>Cosmic Blitz>Falling Comet.

Rinse and repeat. With wolf paw, this will be a lot faster due to the speed increase.

As for Neamhain, this really depends on your speed and how much you know of her patterns but I would stick to Rings of Saturn into Rising Comet OR Starbloom(This move serving a double purpose as you regain stamina off of it). Rising Comet> Ion thrust can be linked into Falling Comet or Starbloom(again for sta regen).

If you have the time you can always fit in a Falling Comet and if you need stamina regen, then I would suggest either countering after your eclipse or using Starbloom.

If you play like I do against the edge of the map, Cosmic Blitz into the wall + Falling Comet is an easy way to do some extra damage. Of course, use your common sense since Neamhain's patterns are random.

AWAKENING STONES FOR ALL SKILLS~

Active Ion Thrust - 10% dmg stone
Falling Comet - 10% dmg stone
Lunar Assault - 10% dmg stone
Meteor Impact - 10% dmg stone
Orbital Flurry - 10% dmg stone
Rings of Saturn - 10% dmg stone
Starbloom- 10% dmg stone
Supernova - 10% dmg stone
Wild Star- 10% dmg stone
Rising Comet- 10% dmg stone
Solar Flare - 10% dmg stone

Active: Wild Star - 70 sp reduction (Since this will be used in Sandbag dps, it requires SP) again better than reduction stones
Active: Zenith - 70 sp reduction (Can only be used every 10minutes so using time reduction stones wouldn't be beneficial)
KingRichRice

Comments

• HonokaHonoka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,110
    edited May 4, 2017
    I personally disagree with this rotation, as I do not believe active: wildstar should be used much aside from stacking vigor buff or to use supernova(sometimes it can be used to get a quick hit in if low on time and if cosmic blitz is on CD, but since we're discussing sandbag rotation, that doesn't come into play much here).

With a +13, active: wildstar costs 280sp(with wakings) and hits for 22k crit while falling comet with full vigor and keen buff hits for 25k crit and ion thrust hits for 10k crit. This is all without the damage wakings though, because I'm too lazy to restore them and check the damage with them on, but it would support my argument even more since you aren't using damage on active: wildstar anyways.

Looking at those numbers, I believe the optimal sandbag rotation is just falling comet -> ion thrust -> skip first normal to falling comet and repeat. With enough extra sp or in trans, you can also use cosmic blitz -> falling comet off CD too. When running low on stamina, you can starbloom in the middle of the rotation after an ion thrust to regain some stamina then cosmic blitz immediately after to go back into the falling comet -> ion thrust rotation.

Not only does this hit much harder than using active: wildstar, it is also more sp efficient both in the cost and the amount of sp returned (Ion thrust only costs 100 SP while falling comet returns 40, the two wind up smashes(orbital flurry) returns 20 with both hits).
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Personally if you are not doing neamhain solo/duo, Delia should try to store up the SP in Neit phase. Delia is generally weak on Neit(because no multi hits mostly) That being said Active-Wild star is not really much of an option because of SP efficiency.

Also in my experience Cat Statue is usually the way to go. Paw is kinda.. inconsistent .

But I do agree on the damage rotation part. Falling comet is just too slow in terms of a damage rotation. Nevertheless I would not recommend use it on Neit unless you have a gun kai in the party using Hunting party 24/7

• CelestiaVCelestiaV
    Honoka wrote: »
    I personally disagree with this rotation, as I do not believe active: wildstar should be used much aside from stacking vigor buff or to use supernova(sometimes it can be used to get a quick hit in if low on time and if cosmic blitz is on CD, but since we're discussing sandbag rotation, that doesn't come into play much here).

With a +13, active: wildstar costs 280sp(with wakings) and hits for 22k crit while falling comet with full vigor and keen buff hits for 25k crit and ion thrust hits for 10k crit. This is all without the damage wakings though, because I'm too lazy to restore them and check the damage with them on, but it would support my argument even more since you aren't using damage on active: wildstar anyways.

Looking at those numbers, I believe the optimal sandbag rotation is just falling comet -> ion thrust -> skip first normal to falling comet and repeat. With enough extra sp or in trans, you can also use cosmic blitz -> falling comet off CD too. When running low on stamina, you can starbloom in the middle of the rotation after an ion thrust to regain some stamina then cosmic blitz immediately after to go back into the falling comet -> ion thrust rotation.

Not only does this hit much harder than using active: wildstar, it is also more sp efficient both in the cost and the amount of sp returned (Ion thrust only costs 100 SP while falling comet returns 40, the two wind up smashes(orbital flurry) returns 20 with both hits).

Sort of agree but then again not really. First off, we have no stats involved. Second of all, like mentioned in the post, I used Neamhain as an example for the rotation. Definitely interchangeable and certainly up to the player to decide depending on if the sandbag has any faster moves etc example: kraken tents instead of head.
  • CelestiaVCelestiaV
    Samalenko wrote: »
    Personally if you are not doing neamhain solo/duo, Delia should try to store up the SP in Neit phase. Delia is generally weak on Neit(because no multi hits mostly) That being said Active-Wild star is not really much of an option because of SP efficiency.

Also in my experience Cat Statue is usually the way to go. Paw is kinda.. inconsistent .

But I do agree on the damage rotation part. Falling comet is just too slow in terms of a damage rotation. Nevertheless I would not recommend use it on Neit unless you have a gun kai in the party using Hunting party 24/7

Hmm, in my opinion, Active: wild star is not a waste especially if you did not active the vigor buffs earlier in the neamhain run. Preference wise, maybe cat statue is for you because you cannot keep up the SP but as for me, the way I play(hugging neamhain) I receive a lot of SP + 30 sp gain off of the block. Now for both of your comments, I think I will just record a video of Niet phase 2 during his claw wave attacks to show my dps rotation.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    edited May 5, 2017
    CelestiaV wrote: »

Hmm, in my opinion, Active: wild star is not a waste especially if you did not active the vigor buffs earlier in the neamhain run. Preference wise, maybe cat statue is for you because you cannot keep up the SP but as for me, the way I play(hugging neamhain) I receive a lot of SP + 30 sp gain off of the block. Now for both of your comments, I think I will just record a video of Niet phase 2 during his claw wave attacks to show my dps rotation.

I don't disagree the use of active wild star. I am just saying delia shouldn't use too much SP in Neit. Because Delia is relatively weak there .

About the SP. I don't know if you main also other chars. Delia is actually one of the slowest in terms of SP gaining, so Cat Statue would be great to smooth your delia gameplay. It actually adds up a lot more SP consumption in the end.

But yes, a video would be nice. Currently I could only deal around 20% in a 27 mins run or 40% in a 45 mins run. wondering why I can't hit up to 1%/min like my other chars. My stats are 81/90/130 so I'm kinda stuck there.
  • CelestiaVCelestiaV

I don't disagree the use of active wild star. I am just saying delia shouldn't use too much SP in Neit. Because Delia is relatively weak there .

About the SP. I don't know if you main also other chars. Delia is actually one of the slowest in terms of SP gaining, so Cat Statue would be great to smooth your delia gameplay. It actually adds up a lot more SP consumption in the end.

But yes, a video would be nice. Currently I could only deal around 20% in a 27 mins run or 40% in a 45 mins run. wondering why I can't hit up to 1%/min like my other chars. My stats are 81/90/130 so I'm kinda stuck there.

Alright so I want to put it out there that I do agree with you on the cat statue. With that being said, I'm not sure if those stats and damage % you were talking about your delia, if so, what is your Delia's name on East server. I'd also like to point out that Cerish(not sure you know who that is) would be considered the best delia in neamhain as of now and he averages 20-25% top dps. 40% dps in neamhain is significantly large when using delia as even with those stats, unless you're carrying SUPER hard with people that have terrible stats, it's a stretch. If this is another character you're referring to then my apologies. Besides that point, my game play is usually unbroken by dodges as you can link most combos to eclipse. That being said, 80% of the time, my SP is full or above 70%. I have played around with the cat statue and I find I have more than enough SP to maintain a steady amount of dps as to why I started using Paw. With paw, it allows me to DPS Niet a lot better in his 2nd phase during his claw waves. With that being said, I must record a video on it as you will see that paw is definitely beneficial if you know neamahain as much as I do. This is not to brag, I am merely saying that I think I practice the most on east server(aka the megas with "neamhain practices") On a good day, I can do no hit neamhain till around 6 bars(neam HP). I do agree Delia is the slowest character SP gain wise but if we are solely talking about Neamhain, as the post titles says, then my argument would be that the way I play, SP is not an issue. There may come times when I do run out of SP but it isn't a big issue as my combos are usually not broken by neamhain nor am I one of those players that tend to stay a little ways away from her. I'm confident in my abilities as a Delia main on neamhain with 90 speed, 90 bal, 120 crit, 28k att.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    edited May 6, 2017

Alright so I want to put it out there that I do agree with you on the cat statue. With that being said, I'm not sure if those stats and damage % you were talking about your delia, if so, what is your Delia's name on East server. I'd also like to point out that Cerish(not sure you know who that is) would be considered the best delia in neamhain as of now and he averages 20-25% top dps. 40% dps in neamhain is significantly large when using delia as even with those stats, unless you're carrying SUPER hard with people that have terrible stats, it's a stretch. If this is another character you're referring to then my apologies. Besides that point, my game play is usually unbroken by dodges as you can link most combos to eclipse. That being said, 80% of the time, my SP is full or above 70%. I have played around with the cat statue and I find I have more than enough SP to maintain a steady amount of dps as to why I started using Paw. With paw, it allows me to DPS Niet a lot better in his 2nd phase during his claw waves. With that being said, I must record a video on it as you will see that paw is definitely beneficial if you know neamahain as much as I do. This is not to brag, I am merely saying that I think I practice the most on east server(aka the megas with "neamhain practices") On a good day, I can do no hit neamhain till around 6 bars(neam HP). I do agree Delia is the slowest character SP gain wise but if we are solely talking about Neamhain, as the post titles says, then my argument would be that the way I play, SP is not an issue. There may come times when I do run out of SP but it isn't a big issue as my combos are usually not broken by neamhain nor am I one of those players that tend to stay a little ways away from her. I'm confident in my abilities as a Delia main on neamhain with 90 speed, 90 bal, 120 crit, 28k att.

1.yes I did speak of the dmg of my own Delia ( in the given time as posted above). In my premade it is usually a 3~4 men run with a few leecher(AFK alts from another laptop or just some newb guildies). Since my delia never did 1%/min , I guess there could be smth wrong with my damage rotation. But there are very limited related resources on Youtube for me to learn.

2.I have watched a Delia neamhain solo(Xe version, in CN) The OP used cat statue. I think we have a similar SP consumption method. Here is the link
    http://www.bilibili.com/video/av9347085/index_2.html
    In the end he did end up with too much unused SP. But have to say the early and mid-game stable SP income does smooth his whole gameplay by a lot.

3.I am an EU player sadly.
    CelestiaV
  • CelestiaVCelestiaV

1.yes I did speak of the dmg of my own Delia ( in the given time as posted above). In my premade it is usually a 3~4 men run with a few leecher(AFK alts from another laptop or just some newb guildies). Since my delia never did 1%/min , I guess there could be smth wrong with my damage rotation. But there are very limited related resources on Youtube for me to learn.

2.I have watched a Delia neamhain solo(Xe version, in CN) The OP used cat statue. I think we have a similar SP consumption method. Here is the link
    http://www.bilibili.com/video/av9347085/index_2.html
    In the end he did end up with too much unused SP. But have to say the early and mid-game stable SP income does smooth his whole gameplay by a lot.

3.I am an EU player sadly.

Ah yes the only full delia solo but I sadly don't count XE versions since those have been removed. I think relatively, it comes down to how well you play delia in neam and your SP gain to consumption ratio! With that said, too bad you're on east, would love another good delia in neam as they are far an between. I can count the delias that are good at neam on one hand haha. Thanks for the discussion!