[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Lann Skill Build Twin Sword

SweetEvieeSweetEviee
Vindictus Rep: 210
in Lann
Hey guys,

I have some questions about Lann Twin Sword. Which skills are the most important? What stats should I focus on? I am lvl 60 now. Is there any good build for him?

I found this one, but it feels like im too weak with this build.

http://vindictus.gamepedia.com/Twin_Sword_Lann_Guide

Greetings

SweetEviee^^
BloodAngel

Comments

• BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Don't worry about a build per se because AP is unlimited throughout the game. First things you want to rank up is critical hit and critical break, gliding and lightning fury. If you can get some more ap saved up smash mastery helps a lot. Slashing High is a really important active that should be ranked up right away (unlimited stam during its buff duration and raised att speed without being able to be knocked down) Some nice skills that are heavy hitters are double crescent and fanning slash (fs doesn't go well into furies tho because only 1 hit possible to proc crit so I'd say go into the 3rd and 1st smash first bc they have 2 hits). Your dodges should already be maxed. Windrider is a really nice buff you get that almost always lets you crit your next hit without using stam if you dodge an att on time.

That guide is extremely outdated, battle respiration to me is waayyyyy too much ap cost for too little gain. Worry about skills like that and str mastery later on.

Let me know if you have any questions :)
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    edited April 26, 2017
    The skills you should rank up first are both your furies (gliding, lightning), slip dash, slashing high, crit damage, critical break, and risky wind, along with priority in smash and crit mastery whenever you can more ap into them. These are pretty much the things you use the most since lann is more crit based than other classes, gliding fury/lightning fury being your main sources of damage, slip dash being your main survivability, and slashing high being your sp sink. For specific move sets, the ones I use the most would probably be double crescent (slip/nimble -> r) since slip dash leads into it and thousand needles (slip/nimble-> llll...r) for the same reason along with the crit buff you get from it. It doesn't really matter too much where you put ap into after smash/crit mastery, your furies, slashing high, and slip dash because after a while you should get enough ap to max all your swords skills. All of this is just my opinion though; others might disagree on some stuff.

For stats at lower levels it doesn't matter too much as long as you can complete the battle. However once you reach s2/s3 content, the main stat you'd want to focus on is crit since lann has a higher crit cap than all the other classes. SInce you're level 60 still, you should just focus on completing story and getting more ap to put into the skills I mentioned.

In this order I suppose, you'd want to put ap into: crit/smash mastery whenever you can, gliding fury/lightning fury (plus the twin sword specific skill) whenever you can, slip dash whenever you can, slashing high (get it pretty high however you don't need to put too many points into it until later so you can spread out your ap) -> critical damage/crit break -> double crescent/thousand needles -> risky wind -> blade storm/pummel storm -> everything else. However you shouldn't be putting points into one skill than moving on to the next, these are just the priorities imo; putting ap into skills should be like leveling most things at the same time and putting ap into them whenever you pass the level needed for the next rank

Fury 7 is pretty good but I only use it for flinching/dodging things at early levels although it gets better at higher levels when you're stronger/have better gear.

Mm, that's all I have for now xD hope it helps

• SweetEvieeSweetEviee
    Wow! Thx for this long guide and for the time you invested in your text! :). I will try it .
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    edited May 8, 2017
    until you have enough ap accumulated and high enough level to fully rank slashing high all at once, fury 7 is a better sp skill while leveling as it lets you safely burst down a large amount of bosses' hp. fine to leave it at rF though.

also, don't recommend spending points on critical break early on as you won't have the gear to take advantage of it anyway

most important smashes imo are gliding fury, double crescent, rising crescent and fanning slash

i personally like getting hp potion proficiency to r9 asap, and life flare whenever possible

I JUST REMEMBERED ONE MORE THING SUPER IMPORTATN!!!: IF YOU HAVEN'T PICKED UP RAGING FEVER, DON'T. IT JUST TAKES UP A SLOT FOR NO GOOD REASON.
  • SweetEvieeSweetEviee
    Hey guys, got another question.

I skilled almost all the main skills to max., but what is about stamina mastery, strength, agility, willpower, health mastery, battle respiration?

Should I get them also to max? Which should I focus on first?
  • AeledingAeleding
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    I agree with some stuff here, and disagree with some, so i'll just throw my personal opinion and try to explain as much as possible there on how to build lann from scratch, it might not be that useful for you since you're almost done but might give some pointers to other fellow lann beginners that are too shy to post here...

The most important skills to rank are:
    -Slip dash, it's self-explanatory, it's your only way to survive so it should be prioritised before anything else, because taking hits and/or being dead sucks...
    -Battle respiration, having to stop attacking for a long period of time will make the battle unnecessarily longer than it should be, hence the 'focus' on it (only up torank A though, because after that the ap investment/usefulness ratio is way too low )

After you're done with these, focus on :
    -Crit mastery because you will always crave for more crit in the later stages of the game, although you want to keep some ap saved to invest in weapon and armor proficiencies (light and plate) once you reach certain levels, so you can upgrade your gear which will be more useful to survive/deal damage than upgrading other skills.
    -Life flare, it is an excellent surviving skill (even if some fast bosses will still hit you after it activates and kill you; it's still extremely useful)
    -Risky wind, being able to save stamina on any attack is extremely useful, and doing so while surviving is pretty sweet.
    -Hp potion proficiency, but that's because i'm greedy and don't like to spend more gold than i should :p

Now that you're about done with the survival/useful skills, you can start seeking the damage skills :
    -Double crescent, pummel storm and fanning slash should be leveled up to at least rank 9, because they unlock new moves which are pretty useful (especially so for double crescent), the rest of the smash skills are only there to fish for crits because of their multihits status (except gust sting which kind of sucks) and their damage isn't that relevant
    -Strength mastery and willpower mastery up to rank 9, the first one because ATT is the most important stat for everyone, even for lann (no matter how much crit rate and crit damage you stack, if you do 0 base damage it's pointless), and the second because it adds crit rate, which is the second most useful stat for lann
    -Smash mastery, because it will boost your damage for every skill, which is better than dumping all AP on just furies and then being unable to use them because your crit is too low ;)
    -When you're done maxing the above, you can start maxing your smash skills except gust sting (because the damage is not very good and it only hits once)
    -Crit damage after the above(do i really need to explain why)

Situational and endgame skills :
    -Weight endurance, only if you go full plate without enhancing anything, otherwise you should be able to equip anything
    -Meditation, only if you plan on staying away from the game for a long time and then coming back (payback on ap investment for maxing the skill is about 1 year)
    -Crit break, only when you have the stats to actually make it useful
    -Slashing high, omg why only now you may ask, and the reason is simple, until you reach 40+ speed, under the condition that you have a berserker/zeal/whatever enchant scrolled to increase stam regen, the duration increase and the speed increase do not matter much. With +2 stam per second and windrider buffs, you have enough stam to spend your sp on it whenever you can, so just leave it at rank 9 until you can make more use of it

Not-so-useful skills to max :
    -Stamina mastery. if you max it you'll be able to land at least 4, atmost 7 extra attacks before getting tired, so it's just a tiny bit useful, you can rank it up until it starts going in the 1k ap spent per levelup.
    -Agility mastery, health mastery and def mastery, the effects they give are almost useless for their ap cost.
    -Fury n°7 and comet dash : the damage increase is almost irrelevant, just leave it at rank F until later on

'Utility' skills :
    -Campfire, its ap cost is dirty cheap but you will almost never use it before neamhain so it's up to you if you want to rank it up or not
    -Secondary weapon proficiency : has some uses if you need certain boss break-offs with sticky bombs but otherwise it's almost pointless

Why are you here skills :
    -Standing endurance. Being knocked down for lann is better than not being knocked down when hit ever since windmill got iframes, being able to use gliding fury after resisting knock down is somewhat useful but often riskier than being able to use windmill to get more time to land the follow-up fury
    -Intelligence mastery. Thinking too hard, me need go face
    -Combat mastery, your damage comes from smashes, not normal attacks.
    -Berserker spirit, even at low levels it's useless for its sp cost, nexon pls revamp ty

There you go, was longer than expected... All in all, i prefer ranking up survival skills/skills that allow you to keep on fighting for a longer time rather than damage skills, because i hate being dead or sitting like a duck waiting for my stamina to refill
    On a side note, raging fever is not that useless because it has the special property of having a 100% crit rate (as long as you hit something), so you can use gliding fury right after without having to rely on rng, so it's at least more useful than berserker spirit
  • XarkXark
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    edited June 14, 2017
    Very nice info! The most important covered.

What about defense mastery, hp mastery, stone skin ?

Also, is there any point of using pummel storm and blade tornado?

Edit: Does entering double crescent cut the remaining invulnerability of slip dash ?
  • AeledingAeleding
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    I'd put def mastery, hp mastery and stone skin in the last-to-rank skills, because they do something but the benefits are a bit too little compared to the ap invested...
    The point of using blade tornado is to fish for crits, and pummel storm was mainly used for mobility in EU (before they revamped 100% glides), but they are so situational now that they are rarely used. Although pummel has a wonderful hit recovery, at least for the first smash, so you can almost immediately use slip dash after using pummel, but since the most important thing now is to use glides, crescents/sprint smash are used most of the time now to fish quick crits...
    Also yes, any input command, be it smash or movement will cancel invuln frames of slip dash early.