[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus Error

XxxjakeXxxjake
Vindictus Rep: 300
in Tech Support
When I open Vindictus, it turns all black. I've seen other help on this with something to do with a HShield folder although I don't have that folder. Anyone help please and thank you

Comments

• CallistheneCallisthene
    Vindictus Rep: 815
    When you say Vindictus, you mean that you still successfully launched it through the Launcher, right?

I don't know how much you waited, but in my case I find it VERY long before the log screen even appears. And before it does, it's all black, with nothing happening at all.
    Never heard anything about HShield but then again, never really looked into it since I don't consider this as a real bug because my game appears at one point.
    No wonder you didn't find this folder though... I assume it's Hack Shield, the previous anti-cheat program which is now known as Black Cipher.

Can you Alt + Tab and check your Task Manager to make sure the game is doing something?
  • MartinDanteMartinDante
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    I have a similar problem. When I launch the game for the first time after booting my PC (Every time I boot/reboot it), the game takes a really long time in loading. 2 minutes before the splash screen with the Vindictus logo appears, then 3-5 minutes in reaching the main menu. On top of that, it's more sluggish than ever, and 4GB RAM just don't make the cut anymore, the game literally eats all my RAM, and the more I play, the slower it runs. In my case, all of this started happening after the crafting/hellfairies update and it went worse with the last garden update.
  • CallistheneCallisthene
    My game usually eats approx 1.4GB of RAM (+30MB for BlackCipher and 43MB for the Launcher).

How can yours uses almost 4GB? O.o
    Something's wrong here... Wait. You have 4GB? You wouldn't happen to run on a 32bits OS, by chance?

Despite the minimal official requirements stated, Vindicuts can NOT run on 32bits anymore. It crashes & bugs all the time (own experience talking).
    Also, 32 bits OS have, at best, only 3.5GB free RAM, but whatever, point is: Every update makes the game heavier, so your game will only worsen with time.

->Update for a 64bits OS.

If you're already on one, more RAM don't cost much and will obviously helps you a lot (Vindictus & everything else). For now, you might try lowering your graphics if they're on High settings, especially dynamic ones such as Particles effects & so on.
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Games runs on my 32 bit system without crashing or bugging.
  • XxxjakeXxxjake
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    The game would launch until the monkey face thing, then it would remain black. I'd left click the game multiple times and a pop up would show saying, "Vindictus stopped working, do you want to wait or close the program." From my understanding just wait a few more minutes? @Callisthene
  • CallistheneCallisthene
    Ah.
    You should have said that since the beginning. If that message shows up in Windows, I'm afraid waiting more might not change anything at all.

You might want to take a look at your Task Manager, and see if all Nexon-related stuff seems to be running correctly. You're not having any Firewall programs like Comodo that could block and/or instant-kill programs?
    Are you the Administrator of your Win's session?
    Ever tried a Repair from the launcher? Does it actually download any files at all?

Best thing is to look at the file named "nexon_runtime_debug.log" in your game launcher. That one might perhapscontain a line with "Error X" and X being a number.
    Depending on the number you have, try Googling it. Vindictus it still a program like any other. Windows errors are more or less all the same whatever is the program where it happens.