[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

80-90 leveling...?

XeareXeare
Vindictus Rep: 905
in New Recruits
So I've been leveling myself up from 1-80 almost entirely on story with some intermittent runs here and there to tide me over until I get to the next level to continue story spamming.

However, after having reached 80, it seems like there's nothing left for me to do except for spam anything to get exp. I can't progress in the story because I'm on an 8-person raid that I can't solo because 16.7k attack only gets Regina down to about 40% hp within the time limit, and I probably need my level 90 gear to solo that mission (And before you tell me to get a party, I've tried for about four days now, no one wants to assist.) so I need to get level 90 then for my weapon which I've got some purple/orange mats for already.

So am I supposed to be spamming S2 content until 90 or is there some **** I missed?

Comments

• MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    S2 raids are the fastest way for you it seams . More exp you will get from quests raids of s2 , if they apear catch them , you can also spam dessert , ship , or island .
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    edited April 13, 2017
    For SOLOING (users that have 16-19K att rating):

Muir (free million EXP, even on "lowest difficulty")

Ein Lacher (doesn't matter how many times you die) on 60+ raid bosses. Usually they give around 1-2M exp. Bosses change each day.

Jirkal Valor farm or Rocktune Master farm with no potion oath (1 million EXP every 30-45 minutes and it's easier to do than spamming S2 dungeons considering it takes Just as long... if not longer). 5 to 7.5 hours of farming this would bag you 10,000,000 EXP. Results may vary depending on which class you're playing. You can also bag a decent amount of gold there by selling the junk and if you get his break off during the Jirkal farm. Rocktune has a magic pot that can be used to farm powder and life ergs. Both have ore deposits to farm superior iron ore to sell for repair money should one reach that low.

(users that have 20-22K att rating):

ARB or GP solo farming (be sure to bring palalas to stun the boss and lift the curse). These are the easiest one room bosses to take down before facing against Regina. GP still has its enhanced erg pot, so this can be used to farm remnants easily while grabbing godly materials to boot.

S1 solos (doing all of them even on "solo" mode + oath will bag around 800K in colhen and another 700K in Rocheste, totalling to around 1.5M exp). This can also double as an AP farming method. The same can apply on S2 raids, but their EXP rewards will be knocked down if you do "solo" mode. If they earn at minimum 100K per "solo" run, you can earn upwards of 1.1M just from doing S2 "solo" mode raids.

Reason why I don't recommend S2 dungeons:
    CMI has wasps that zones out melee players, and one boss is especially annoying to deal with considering the large hitbox on the queen's stinger.

SG has very annoying bosses to deal with, including Willy's Spin 2 Win tactic, Matty's bullets, and King stoneshell's reach can catch you off guard.

TD has the same crab boss with a different name, and Ikrium/Alternon can hit extremely hard. TD guardians are annoying to deal with,
    especially Akanan and Shamir.

MS/MLP has quick hand Siera, whom has the cluster bomb throw (throws 6 bombs at once each dealing over 1,000 damage) that can instantly incapacitate players should they detonate as they are thrown. Her bullets are also quick, and doesn't cause any flinching animation, along with firing up to 4 times before having to reload. The main bosses, Masaka and Muspell are often annoying to deal with as they can hit fast and hard.

Navigating the maps sometimes takes too long (around 40+ minutes to kill all the bosses), along with risking time delays for killing them too fast.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Xeare wrote: »
    (And before you tell me to get a party, I've tried for about four days now, no one wants to assist.) so I need to get level 90 then for my weapon which I've got some purple/orange mats for already.

Which server \ what time are you on? I am on EAST and can help form a party.
  • KaramythKaramyth
    Vindictus Rep: 1,560
    There is also abyssal arena which opens 2 days a week where you can get tons of exp from lvl60-69, and people usually host them for quick seals and AP, you can also try that as well.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited April 13, 2017
    Some people also spam the easiest S3 dung called Autumn Reed Bed. If you have a lv 90 friend by your side, it takes roughly 5 minutes to clear the dung.

I don't know if it's worth it, i just heard that.
  • HerucrossHerucross
    Vindictus Rep: 780
    are you using the quick battle system for corrupted queen? people don't check the boards anymore
  • HerpadorHerpador
    Vindictus Rep: 945
    Some people also spam the easiest S3 dung called Autumn Reed Bed. If you have a lv 90 friend by your side, it takes roughly 5 minutes to clear the dung.

I don't know if it's worth it, i just heard that.

After the changes to story season 3 battles it's most likely better to spam Deciduous Forest as it's now only 1 area and still around twice the xp of Autum Reed Bed.
  • XeareXeare
    West Delia here, so as things stand soloing is pretty easy for me. Only problem is 17k attack still isn't enough to solo Regina. Can't QB due to attack limitation, and 0 board users even with megaphone means RIP story.

Anyway, I've been doing TD, but I'll look into the forest quest next time I get on. Been doing succubus/shakarr daily anyway for easy seals, so there is that.

How much power will an exquisite fury stimulant give me in terms of DPS? It doesn't seem like much, and it will in no way result in me being able to suddenly get 40% extra damage, but YOLO'd my weapon and now I have a +10 adjudicator to use so I'm wondering how much further I need to push myself to get to level 90 content properly.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    edited April 14, 2017
    Xeare wrote: »
    West Delia here, so as things stand soloing is pretty easy for me. Only problem is 17k attack still isn't enough to solo Regina. Can't QB due to attack limitation, and 0 board users even with megaphone means RIP story.

Anyway, I've been doing TD, but I'll look into the forest quest next time I get on. Been doing succubus/shakarr daily anyway for easy seals, so there is that.

How much power will an exquisite fury stimulant give me in terms of DPS? It doesn't seem like much, and it will in no way result in me being able to suddenly get 40% extra damage, but YOLO'd my weapon and now I have a +10 adjudicator to use so I'm wondering how much further I need to push myself to get to level 90 content properly.

To answer the following questions:

The X fury stimulant gives a chance to boost your current attack level by 4,000 upon each attack. These stimulants are very useful for doing no attack limit solos on nilfheim, royal raids, abyss arena, or special raids respectively that can be obtained at the cost of 30,000 gold (via brynn) or 45 dedication seals (via dedication seal shop). It also works against phanteum extremely well during his fire or lightning phases as some unknown force removes the attack limit during these two phases.

If you have a current attack power of 17,000, then your attack threshold upon consuming a X fury stimulant will boost it to 21,000 attack rating once one of the attacks triggers the buff (a crashing sound will be heard upon the effect being triggered).

A +10 weapon has +1,000 attack rating from the weapon's base.

Now for me to ask a few questions:

What's your current level? I may be able to assist in POWER leveling if you are into the first arc of Ben chenner if you are 75+ In Autumn Reed Bed or Decidious Forest depending if one wishes to obtain god materials.

What current armor set do you have? usually mix and matching STR armors gives a higher attack threshold than wearing full armor sets, an example being 2 heremon + 4 90 parts and 2 heremon 3 noblesse.

Do you have any enchantments on your weapon or armor pieces? usually having Master would make some difference in one's damage output with the +5 crit.

Have you worked on getting title sets, or any titles that give +STR? They add up over time.

Do you have any diamond bracelets? They give an extra 500 attack on wearing two and if you have 2x 250 att rolls on fine diamonds.
    They're usually cheap in the marketplace after selling a few blessed magic elixirs obtained from crafting 5 magic + 2 blessed magic dropped in two moons.

I also play West here as well, so if you want any assistance, feel free to ask. Usually, I'm Natu Busy.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    the free revive event this weekend is a good time to gain ground
  • XeareXeare
    IGN: AlvaAihne
    currently level 84.
    Just abused free-vives to solo regina with 17k attack, so I'm gonna do some season 3 stuff while I this event is going to try and progress.
  • SojSoj
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    I leveled from 85 to 90 today during free revives by farming Decidious Forest.

Then again I had VIP and that 150% bonus completion exp thing going on.

It's really tough to do the S3 story raids since most people can't host them and can't really solo them.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Interesting responses here about leveling. I had a thread/poll asking about interest in power-leveling. A majority of responses were that it was unnecessary and leveling was easy enough. Based on the responses here I think this 80-90 gap is still a challenge if you don't have high-level gear/solo ability.
  • TheHeavyRiskTheHeavyRisk
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    edited April 16, 2017
    Madcobra wrote: »
    S2 raids are the fastest way for you it seams . More exp you will get from quests raids of s2 , if they apear catch them , you can also spam dessert , ship , or island .

Basically this, I leveled 80-90 from mostly jumping in on s2 malina story missions, fast and easy xp. Easy mode raids like muir shouldn't be too hard with low atk either
  • XeareXeare
    I've been running muir daily twice with 17k attack, hasn't been much of an issue for me. Hoarding the paradise stones for my orange regina weapon I'm going to try to buy the essence for when I hit 90. S2 content gives me cancer though, so leveling is slow mostly on account of extreme laziness after having done the rabbit dailies.
  • TeknofobixTeknofobix
    Vindictus Rep: 665
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    Interesting responses here about leveling. I had a thread/poll asking about interest in power-leveling. A majority of responses were that it was unnecessary and leveling was easy enough. Based on the responses here I think this 80-90 gap is still a challenge if you don't have high-level gear/solo ability.

It's not hard its just that people steamroll the content and 1 n done Instances when they are starting out.

I found it best to start on a Day off and just knock out S1 on Hard Mode (More EXP) Trick is to +7 your noob weapons (or use NX 2/7day set as its not level restricted so its like your level 60ish stat wise if you don't mind spending 5 bucks to power level) and work on your titles as you go 5 Kills on each main story Bosses. Those boss titles give additional stats and make you a stronger mercenary. Don't Solo if you don't have to, your losing out on quite abit of EXP. When you finish S1 in this manner you will be around 70-74 if you do it that way so you don't have to go back and grind before starting S2 as its now restricted to level 70.

Then just host and join S2 Story boats over and over (Kraken and Lako Blessed/VIP 4-5mil exp per run and are not limited like the Raid version) run all your story boats with all 4 slots filled or 6 or 8 on the raids for more EXP (join a guild and get guild mates to join your boats for even More EXP). My way was to run all my story boats to Memory of the Past and then Join all the previous quest boards and Run the First boss of Twilight Desert Solo while waiting for other boats to start Farming the First 2 Gather Trees and the 1 Mine to level my Gathering for the Shiney tree's in S3. Once you hit 80-85 and have a Level 80 weapon +7 with bloodlust or Valor no prefix needed just need to raise up the Bal and SPD then host or join a Memory of the Past and continue your quest chain, when you finish that part you will be around 88-89 and should have all your combat skills Maxed on at least one tree (Evie, Lann, Karok, Fifi, Vella, Kai) and common skills Rank 8 or higher on the essentials. (2 Weapon Characters take alot more AP to Max so its good to specialize in one of the weapons to start and stick with it until 80 and then train the other) In my opinion its best to upgrade your weapon every 10 levels but you can pretty much Skip 80 armor unless its free 70 armor is fine for most S2 Content.

S3 is rough to do in the 80's as your Masteries of all your skills are still low usually and there is a huge jump in attack and def between 80 and 90 gear. But 80's should have very little issues doing up until Ben Chenner Entrance. Regina you would need a 90 or 2 that's Geared to Carry (Karok, Lann, or Sylas are the easiest to carry with) or a lot of Graces.
    When I've leveled my characters I was usually well rounded 90 in 2 weeks and Primary Masteries Maxed. I'm thinking of making a West Character Soon as I'm out of things to do on East and I'm on the Gulf Coast so I get crap connection on East or West.
  • XeareXeare
    edited April 19, 2017
    Regina seems to be pretty easy to solo if you have 20k attack, only managed to squeeze out around 19k from this character right now using big soaps. I'm currently nearly 89, so if I wanted to be 90 I could grind S3 for a short while and be done with it, but I still need an orange weapon essence before I continue on with that, as a weapon is all that I'm concerned about. Not really having any issues with S3 content at all currently. Actually the content is a lot more fun in general because facerolling isn't viable anymore. Just makes grinding a little more grating because I have to focus for a lot longer