[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Game closes during launch after several errors

MelinthMelinth
Vindictus Rep: 200
edited April 9, 2017 in Tech Support
As title states. Started happening after an update a few months ago. The errors are as follows:
  • SQLite Error : unable to open database file
  • SQLite Error : (blank)
  • SQLite Error : unable to open database file
This is the point where it attempts to launch the game and only makes it to the devcat logo and then gives me this
  • Error! : Can't find background image 'materials/console/background01_widescreen.vtf'
The game closes after that.
Though it worked on my widescreen tv previously, I opted to change the setting in the game files to 800x600 just to test. It still throws up the first 3 errors and makes it to the devcat logo again but gives this slightly different error.
  • Error! : Can't find background image 'materials/console/background01.vtf'

I vaguely recall something like this being reported on the old forums but since there's no archive I don't know if it was ever solved. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• CallistheneCallisthene
    Vindictus Rep: 815
    Melinth wrote: »
    SQLite Error : unable to open database file
    Error! : Can't find background image 'materials/console/background01.vtf'
    I don't think changing the settings will solve anything. Seems like either your missing some files, or something blocks the way to that Database. Did you try to "repair" your game via the Launcher?

Also, please, take a look at the "debug" file (should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Nexon\Nexon Launcher\nexon_runtime_debug.log) and write the number of the error your get.