[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Regarding the boss HP bars...

xxX_Patrick_XxxxxX_Patrick_Xxx
Vindictus Rep: 500
edited April 3, 2017 in Suggestions and Feedback
Before the service migration I was playing the XE version of Vindictus. I recently played Vindictus for the first time since the service migration, and I just want to say: to me, removing the boss HP bars on hard and hero difficulties is the absolutely lamest thing ever. After the service migration I completely stopped playing the game because of this - it's just not enjoyable to me anymore.
I used to play Vindictus almost entirely because of how awesome soloing bosses was in this game. I can remember spending 8 hours retrying and retrying Blood Lord solo on hard with Vella and those were really good 8 hours. The difficulty wasn't irritating at all; actually, it felt awesome and very motivating to see how I was getting the boss to progresively lower and lower HP before losing. Finally beating him, purposefully using Tempest (XE name of Cyclone) when he had the last bit of HP to make it into a cool finisher, was incredibly satisfying. Now when I get defeated by a boss on hard or hero, I can't even see how close I was to winning! Why would I keep trying?! This is just absurd.
Video games have been using HP bars since very early titles, such as Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (released in 1988). And there is a very important reason for that - to motivate the player by showing them how close they are to beating the boss.
I understand that removing boss HP bars is intended to make the hard and hero difficulties difficult in a special way, but to me it doesn't work. It just makes them super annoying. In addition, keeping the boss health bars only in easy and normal difficulties suggests that you are worse at the game if you can't play without the boss HP bar, which is untrue and, in my opinion, very insolent.
Maybe some players take a different mental approach to this and still enjoy soloing bosses without boss HP bars. If so, please tell me and I'll see if it works for me. I'm also attaching a poll to see how opinions are divided on this issue.
Personally, I really hope they will bring the boss HP bars back to the game. Just don't make it into a microtransaction service or a VIP bonus because that won't make anyone come back XD.
  1. How does the boss HP bar display affect your enjoyment with soloing bosses in Vindictus?13 votes
    1. I enjoy soloing bosses more with the boss HP bar.
       54% (7 votes)
    2. It does not make a difference to me.
       31% (4 votes)
    3. I enjoy soloing bosses more without the boss HP bar.
       15% (2 votes)

Comments

• SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    edited April 3, 2017
    All relevant content (Beyond S1 raids and non-raids), have HP bars.
  • xxX_Patrick_XxxxxX_Patrick_Xxx
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    Sekaiiz wrote: »

Seriously? Wow, why is it then that they removed boss HP bars on hard and hero in season 1 but left them in all other battle quests?
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    Sekaiiz wrote: »

Seriously? Wow, why is it then that they removed boss HP bars on hard and hero in season 1 but left them in all other battle quests?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's been premiere's design from the start, then S2 raid/non-raid bosses have hp bars. Then they took it out for Berbhe non-raid hard mode bosses, then they put it back in for Dullahan non-raid hard mode bosses.