[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

multiple computers + multiple accounts

CessaCessa
Vindictus Rep: 1,680
edited March 24, 2017 in General Discussion
A looong time ago (probably 3-4 years now) in an argument a GM came down and said that you can run multiple accounts of Vindictus across multiple computers.
So long as it was not running in VM and one computer was doing one account.

Then a few people used this to state that they got all their drops because they would run a single computer with their main account and have 7 dummy accounts on 7 computers join their private raid. They then harvest x8 drops. (nevermind that when I asked them for proof of their 8 computer setup they were never able to post even a picture of their desk)

The discussion also led to the revelation that you can have one person with two accounts online (with two computers, of course).
And then you can do a public raid so long as you let others know in the raid that one of your accounts is a dummy account just for your drops or just to host the raid so that it deals with all of the host lag and you won't have to.

Is this still the case that it is allowable, especially now that QB is out?

Comments

• hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    If anything, it's frowned upon. However, many people do these things for various reasons...
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Honestly if it's the host in a pub, I have no issue with it, they want smoother gameplay and I don't blame them for that and if it leads to better drops or better chance at a good drop so be it. I have an issue if it's a pub and someone just has 2 accounts randomly (unless we can't fill up a boat but that's rarely the case in my experience) Only time I'm okay with someone having 2 characters up is if it's someone in my guild.