[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

FPS dropping when using movement keys

AymonAymon
Vindictus Rep: 610
in Bug Reporting

FPS goes from 60 to 6 easily when spamming WASD keys

Already tried:

- Restarting PC
- Using lowest settings
- Using 1024x768 resolution
- Using 3840x2160 resolution
- Changing keyboard
- Repairing the game
- Using a different character
- Resetting NVIDIA options

Setup: I5-4670 3.4GHz + GTX 1070 + 16 GB RAM

Please help
xxJassyxx

Comments

• MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    Its been worse after last patch
    Aymon
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    I noticed at least 10 fps decrease since yesterday's patch. Another thing that scares away most of the players. In a couple of years only those who can afford a nuclear plant will be left to play the game.

I don't want to preach doom and gloom, but this is quite a serious issue to just ignore it.
    MadcobraAymonxxJassyxxDancingStar
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited March 23, 2017
    Run latency monitor while experiencing the problem and use that to troubleshoot. You may have problematic drivers, etc causing drop outs.

Remeber to disable microsoft anti malware temporarily to avoid false positives.
    xxJassyxx
  • xxJassyxxxxJassyxx
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    I Have the same problem after the the recent patch came out. the game was fine before. I also tried Question2's suggestion but still no luck. I know its not my computer cause i can literally run anything else without any problems what so ever...
  • AymonAymon
    Vindictus Rep: 610
    xxJassyxx wrote: »
    I Have the same problem after the the recent patch came out. the game was fine before. I also tried Question2's suggestion but still no luck. I know its not my computer cause i can literally run anything else without any problems what so ever...

I don't know what to do, even Black Desert on max settings is running better than vindictus now
  • xxJassyxxxxJassyxx
    with some testing ive done on vindictus lately, i get those bad frame drops when i hold the auto run key in town when moving or in battle. Maybe the auto run feature may have combined with the manual way of sprinting/running etc
  • xxJassyxxxxJassyxx
    even tried a system restore to factory settings. Its not my hardware. Its this game.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    What did latency monitor say exactly? I dont get any issues auto run or any movement in vindi.