[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Scrolls location/Enchant changes.

Comments

• Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Blyat wrote: »
    Does it say rank 8-9 scrolls won't destroy equipment? No.

That is one truly impressive leap of logic. By that logic, it would be totally normal if characters just randomly got deleted because hey, nothing in the game guarantees that it wont happen.

DAOWAce
  • BlyatBlyat
    Vindictus Rep: 820
    Question2 wrote: »
    That is one truly impressive leap of logic. By that logic, it would be totally normal if characters just randomly got deleted because hey, nothing in the game guarantees that it wont happen.

I don't really want to get off topic, but yeah that could happen. What's your point?
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Blyat wrote: »
    Both the update preview and the patch notes didn't mention anything about rank 8-9 scrolls no longer destroying equipment on failure.

Did Ein Lacher pass was ever written on patch notes ? No. Yet, we have it, and no one was even aware of it.

Meanwhile, Japanese had the same update and it also tell that broken gear/low-lvl gear (green ones mostly) doesn't drop anymore. Curious, I decided to try some Hidden runs to verify that. Guess what ? Didn't dropped a single broken piece of gear. Yeah the names were already changed, but we still had those "ragged" pieces dropping from bosses.
    I don't know if s2 still drops it, but broken gear/low-lvl gear (such as non-exquisite crimson rage, savage leather, etc) doesn't drop anymore for s1.

Was that ever written on patch notes ? No.

You have your answer now. I don't care as I just tried some random Armadillo on Royal Cadet Gloves, it failed but didn't break so since I wasnt so sure, I made that thread up.
    Also what matters the most is if scrolls locations changed, pretty sure I read something along those lines back then in Discord (also some KR patch notes, but can't confirm, unless it was mistranslated/something else), just wanna make sure if it was true at all.
    DAOWAce
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    That's a fallacy tho. Removal of non-exquisite gear is not the same as a change to enchant scrolls. One involves a risk and the other doesn't.

Do you risk anything not knowing there was a change to non-exquisite gear? No.

Do you risk anything not being sure about enchant scroll changes? Yes (if you enchant).

So if there's a risk involved, it's your responsibility to make sure and double check. Ask a GM, ask in mega, ask in forum. It was not in the patch notes AND you got the warning message. It should have raised enough of a red flag to not blindly yolo equipment with rank 8-9 enchant scrolls.
    edited March 24, 2017
    Lavonne wrote: »
    That's a fallacy tho. Removal of non-exquisite gear is not the same as a change to enchant scrolls. One involves a risk and the other doesn't.

Do you risk anything not knowing there was a change to non-exquisite gear? No.

Do you risk anything not being sure about enchant scroll changes? Yes (if you enchant).

So if there's a risk involved, it's your responsibility to make sure and double check. Ask a GM, ask in mega, ask in forum. It was not in the patch notes AND you got the warning message. It should have raised enough of a red flag to not blindly yolo equipment with rank 8-9 enchant scrolls.

The description on scrolls was still added for some reasons. I don't really see the point of adding it pre-release, not like it'd take hours to update it when the lv95 contents update will come in Western.

Eh.
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    When the warning pops up during enchanting and you proceed anyway thinking the warning is meaningless, you deserve your stuff to be blown up.
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    The description on scrolls was still added for some reasons. I don't really see the point of adding it pre-release, not like it'd take hours to update it when the lv95 contents update will come in Western.

Eh.

They also added the description for the Crescent Moonlight and The Dead enchant scrolls, yet Dullahan rings are not here. So clearly there's wasn't any malicious intent to troll players. happens, they fixed it.
  • ZiokenZioken
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    edited March 24, 2017
    I feel it would have been worth asking before attempting since the patch notes don't mention the change, only the % rates
    adsgavdhbmqf, found the drop places change.

http://heroes.nexon.com/News/devnote/View?page=1&postno=301

"In the November update, the probability of successful enchantment, such as rank A,
    This December, the official server update will increase the number of places to obtain the corresponding scrolls.
    There is a difference in acquisition probability depending on the place, and during the character level up
    We expect to acquire it several times naturally."

So, as r8-9 not breaking gear anymore, this should come out with Dullahan too, fffu.

Welp, rip gotta wait.
    PixelPantsu
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    adsgavdhbmqf, found the drop places change.

http://heroes.nexon.com/News/devnote/View?page=1&postno=301

"In the November update, the probability of successful enchantment, such as rank A,
    This December, the official server update will increase the number of places to obtain the corresponding scrolls.
    There is a difference in acquisition probability depending on the place, and during the character level up
    We expect to acquire it several times naturally."

So, as r8-9 not breaking gear anymore, this should come out with Dullahan too, fffu.

Welp, rip gotta wait.

Sorry, my understanding of english translations is not that great. Are they saying that for lower ranked scrolls they are going to add additional maps where they drop?
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    Sorry, my understanding of english translations is not that great. Are they saying that for lower ranked scrolls they are going to add additional maps where they drop?

I take that as : "we'll make Twinkling drop in Rescue". Just a random example, there are a lot of battles being "useless" because they don't drop anything, I guess they might drop some scrolls now.

No idea at all, I haven't seen any Koreans talking about it, need more pls.