[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Multicore problems.

sadrazamsadrazam
Vindictus Rep: 695
in Tech Support
8 out of 10 times whenever i host something with multicore support enabled the "entering battle" message pops up and stays for about a minute. After that party dissolves and get send back to town with " Server response delayed. Please try again later. We apologise for the hep derp bla bla die bla bla" message.

This NEVER happens when multicore support is ticked off. Only and always,well ...most of the time, happens when multicore is enabled.
Whatever the reason,this never happened on EU servers. Since we got migrated the problems started to arrive.
nexon%20NA%20awsome%20servers_zpslksitw6u.jpg

Comments

• GrilleGrille
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    For me it's 10/10 times that happens :P
    Im running game in win7 Core2 Duo E6750 OC @ 3.40GHz with 8GB RAM.
    ArishaL
  • AyPoolAyPool
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    To my knowledge it never worked for us in the first place in West server, could be same for East as well.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Hmm try to add firewall exceptins for srcd.exe which i think is the multi core process. Make sure its not being blocked or anything, including at the router level.
  • GrilleGrille
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    Question2 wrote: »
    Hmm try to add firewall exceptins for srcd.exe which i think is the multi core process. Make sure its not being blocked or anything, including at the router level.

Tried putting both outbound and inbound firewall rules for all .exe's in vindi folder, and also put all exes in allowed program list, tried turning off firewall completley, tried turning off firewall on router and set up a DMZ trough my machine... Nothing, always server response delayed.:(
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Just in case you are wondering, nexon support doesnt check this forum.

This might be a leftover from the EU multicore issues at the start of migration....

But one thing you can try to troubleshoot on is to look at windows resource monitor, it will list active network connections. There are other better utilities that can keep track of active network connections, like TCP view. Filter by vindictus.exe/srcd.exe. The Nexon NA servers all have IPs starting with 8.31.97.X.

The last time i saw consistent server response delayed/error connecting to relay server messages, someone in the party was using a VPN. The moment that person left, we stopped getting the error. It might be possible that someone in your party is having issues connecting to the nexon relay server and the servers respond by dropping the whole party or most of the party.