[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Best Weapon for Vella

SumireiSumirei
Vindictus Rep: 2,030
Member, Nexon
in Vella
So, I'm new to Vella - what weapon do you prefer for her?
  1. Best Weapon For Vella61 votes
    1. Twin Swords
       70% (43 votes)
    2. Twin Chain Blades
       30% (18 votes)

Comments

• TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    Twin Swords - more fun and reactive gameplay.
    Sumirei
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    Swords,
    Cross cut is the coolest thing about the character
    Also chains look awfully dull
    Sumirei
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    I like em both, but I'll lean towards chains as I find them more entertaining when soloing. Crosscut chaining (confusing term in this thread) is a lot of fun though on the bosses that allow it.
    QuinqueSumirei
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    Necrochild

I like em both, but I'll lean towards chains as I find them more entertaining when soloing. Crosscut chaining (confusing term in this thread) is a lot of fun though on the bosses that allow it.
    Simple answer.

VessimerSumireiOrder5ArellaRothFionaUchiha
  • VessimerVessimer
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    Hands down TS is best for solo play vella, I Will use chain for DPS if i have a good group. but 9/10 TS is best
    Sumirei
  • SumireiSumirei
    Vindictus Rep: 2,030
    Member, Nexon
    :3 I dumped all my AP into CB skills. I'll have to give Twin Blades another shot.
  • ZensZens
    Vindictus Rep: 10,795
    yea coming from some1 that used to kai religiously , till ferghus*cough cough*
    Ventured into melee and boi..... Twin Swords +love U DOnt even need anything BUT ur swords hahahaha XD just getting used to Xcut timings and u can solo everything now +haha
    SumireiHinataChaaaanSilentBeauty
  • TracieTracie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,090
    I'm a fan of chains, played several years now. HOWEVER, for solo raids, I use swords. I've max'd both sides, so I can do both quite easily. BUT for the new vella - its truly a personal choice. I leveled using TS, when max was lvl 80. I switched to chains and been mostly chains since. Also, it is the mechanics of the boss - I find (IMO ofc) that each boss is different and sometimes swords are better, sometimes chains.....but again, personal choice. You have time - play both, c what floats ur boat! But most of all, have fun!
    Sumirei
  • GldPhoenixGldPhoenix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,020
    Being a Kai turned Vella main, I started out as a CB main, but slowly weaved into TS. After my nearly 2 years of playing her, I'd have to say TS is more interesting (especially if you are hosting or have a good connection) but CB for more party DPS
    Sumirei
  • EntropyKnightEntropyKnight
    Vindictus Rep: 535
    I don't have the most experience playing Vella, myself, but I do know they're both good options depending on the situation.

Chains are so much better for clearing out rooms and straight-numbers beating down.

Swords are a lot more flashy, and offer better options for more technical/reactive play.

Personally, I'm partial to swords, though.
    Sumirei
  • CreamCream
    Vindictus Rep: 1,655
    edited October 26, 2016
    I respect all the TS lovers and I do enjoy them for low level dungeons but I am CB for life!!! I can solo anything and clear dungeons with CB without any problems. Now I have to say I have years playing with CB and it takes practice to really get use to them.

The TS cross cut is amazing but still I prefer CB's since I got use to time every move of mine and of every boss. The amount of damage I can lay on a target with my CB's is amazing and more if there is a team mate as for CMI, etc.. I would have to say that on a raid party if the tanks are holding aggro well my damage is indeed great and I don't even need top gear to be among the top DPS.

Have a nice day!
    Sumirei
  • JustFrameJustFrame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,005
    After the revamp to Cross Cut, where you no longer consume like 20%+ of your stamina each time, the TS has been gold, not to mention the room for error being significantly better as well.

I'm a Sword fan irl, so TS was a 100% although CB is amazing, especially when I'm in a group and I can simply go ham.
    Sumirei
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    I would like to weigh in that CB Vella has the best break-off move in the game: Frostbite.
    Sumirei
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    Order5
    Order5 said:

I would like to weigh in that CB Vella has the best break-off move in the game: Frostbite.
    Hand bomb would like to have a word with you.
    Sumirei
  • AdalineAdaline
    Vindictus Rep: 530
    Not really! One exclusively for Break off, one just like a sticky bomb with bigger AoE.
    Sumirei
  • QuinqueQuinque
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    edited October 31, 2016
    I like the fact that Vella gets to use both, it's a luxury not every class gets to enjoy. Honestly, twin swords are less challenging when it comes to soloing and gets boring when majority of the time you are crosscutting. Maybe because I'm a fan of Soulsborne series, I prefer Hammer Fiona, Scythe Evie, Lynn, Delia's playstyle when it comes to close combat.
  • TsiiiTsiii
    Vindictus Rep: 2,175
    For me, really just depends on the run. For bosses I'm not familiar with, it's a lot easier to get better results with CB (most of the time) Ranged is safer in general. Prior to the revamp, I straight up could not play twin swords (I'm on the west coast playing on east) and three bar connections made me take a hit 75% of the time through cross cut. Post revamp, I enjoy both and consistently flip flop which weapon I use based on whatever I feel like using at the time.
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Chainblades have greater general DPS.
    Swords have greater potential DPS.

Chainblades are better in most raids and are better in party raids.
    Swords are better in some raids and are better in solo raids.